Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

Hi everyone. I would just like to start off by saying I have been "lurking" around here for the past 9 months or so and finally got around to registering. I have gotten a wealth of knowledge from this site and it has helped me make some very informative decisions involving purchases for my car. Thanks to everyone I think this place is top notch.

All that aside I have used the search and read some of the FAQs on stereo install but I still have a few questions. I would like to install the Pioneer USA - AVH-P3200BT - In-Dash Double-DIN DVD Multimedia AV Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth and 5.8" Widescreen Display BUT I would like to retain my Onstar/steering wheel controls/ and XM radio. Now I know if I use Amazon.com: Axxess GMOS-LAN-04 LAN OnStar Interface for Amplified Systems: Electronics that I will retain my Onstar but what about XM and my steering wheel controls??

I am sorry if this was posted and didn't manage to come across it. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:24 AM

Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance for steering wheel controls
Old 09-22-2010, 04:14 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
ya no **** the universal swi interface. get the pac audio swi-ps for steering wheel controls. as far as xm u will need the pioneer xm module
Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM

Okay I have been doing a bit more research and from what I have read I will need a GMOS-LAN-04 but then I also ran across this (GMOS-100 and it seems like it would do the same. Will either one work?? If I end up going this route (that being spending 500 bucks on a head unit and harness) is this a pain in the ass to wire in?? I have wired in head units/amps many times before BUT I would rather make it someone elses problem if it is a pain in the ass to wire.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:15 PM

Received 171 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by NDSS
Okay I have been doing a bit more research and from what I have read I will need a GMOS-LAN-04 but then I also ran across this (GMOS-100 and it seems like it would do the same. Will either one work?? If I end up going this route (that being spending 500 bucks on a head unit and harness) is this a pain in the ass to wire in?? I have wired in head units/amps many times before BUT I would rather make it someone elses problem if it is a pain in the ass to wire.
I think this picture of my install will answer your question. It's a different head unit, but same situation. The pic shows the Pioneer harness, the GMOS LAN04 and the PAC-SWI. Works great, but you gotta know what you're doing.

Black 2010 SS/TC – G85 |Debadged | GMS1 | Hahn 3” DP and Catback | AEM intake | GM racing pedals | OZ Ultraleggera rims |DEPO 4th gen projectors w/ 6K HIDs | smoked LED tails | 20% 3M tint |Pioneer Avic Z110bt head unit, Alpine PDX-5 amp, Focal speakers all around

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3835837
Old 09-23-2010, 02:41 AM

Excellent thanks for the picutre. Well it doesn't look to terrible just time consuming but I don't mind. Do you have an aftermarket amp installed as well?? I was just wondering what the 20 feet of coiled up RCA wire was for.

Does everything fit well behind the head unit and if you happen to have a pic of yours in dash could you post it?? I appreciate all the time and info on this.

Disregard about the pictures. I just checked out your car on your link. It looks very nice. I know my deck won't be identical to yours but it should look similar. I am going to go ahead and order everything tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited by NDSS; 09-23-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 PM

Received 171 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by NDSS
Excellent thanks for the picutre. Well it doesn't look to terrible just time consuming but I don't mind. Do you have an aftermarket amp installed as well?? I was just wondering what the 20 feet of coiled up RCA wire was for.

Does everything fit well behind the head unit and if you happen to have a pic of yours in dash could you post it?? I appreciate all the time and info on this.

Disregard about the pictures. I just checked out your car on your link. It looks very nice. I know my deck won't be identical to yours but it should look similar. I am going to go ahead and order everything tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help.
You're very welcome. If you run into any issues during the install, let me know and I'll try to help. Good luck!

Black 2010 SS/TC – G85 |Debadged | GMS1 | Hahn 3” DP and Catback | AEM intake | GM racing pedals | OZ Ultraleggera rims |DEPO 4th gen projectors w/ 6K HIDs | smoked LED tails | 20% 3M tint |Pioneer Avic Z110bt head unit, Alpine PDX-5 amp, Focal speakers all around

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3835837