Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Pioneer AVIC-N3 And On Star?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer AVIC-N3 And On Star?

Hey guys i have a question on the install to this. It says if my car comes with On Star then taking out the factory radio and putting in the Pionner head unit i wil lose the voice commands for the On Star. I mean i like the OnStar because you can make calls from ur car and thats awesome i also like that fact that u can call them up a get a diagnostic check right over the phone from ur car. Call me Corny but i like the On Star eben though its another way for "the Man" to keep an eye on you...lol Any way my question is, is there away to get the total ability of the on star however through the Pioneer AVIC-N3 being installed
Old 05-30-2006, 07:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Death Dealer
Hey guys i have a question on the install to this. It says if my car comes with On Star then taking out the factory radio and putting in the Pionner head unit i wil lose the voice commands for the On Star. I mean i like the OnStar because you can make calls from ur car and thats awesome i also like that fact that u can call them up a get a diagnostic check right over the phone from ur car. Call me Corny but i like the On Star eben though its another way for "the Man" to keep an eye on you...lol Any way my question is, is there away to get the total ability of the on star however through the Pioneer AVIC-N3 being installed
there are some onstar adaptors for am sereos but I personally dont have any experience witht hem, I have used a type of the adaptor for another gm car with the chimes and stuff, it works ok, sometimes is quirky but...good luck post up when you get r done!