Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Pioneer vs Bose....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer vs Bose....

The other day I was at my Chevy dealership getting the oil changed on my Cobalt Lt and while I was waiting I decided to take a look around the showroom at some of the newer cars. What caught my eye was the new Impala SS. It had a really sporty and luxury look to it. What I also noticed was that instead of the Pioneer sound system that the Cobalts come with it had a 8 speaker Bose sound system.

Now I know that allot of other cars come with the Bose system, however I do not know of any cars other than the Cobalt that come with the pioneer system. My question is has anyone heard any of the cars with the Bose system and how does it compare with the Pioneer system?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by lightsout
The other day I was at my Chevy dealership getting the oil changed on my Cobalt Lt and while I was waiting I decided to take a look around the showroom at some of the newer cars. What caught my eye was the new Impala SS. It had a really sporty and luxury look to it. What I also noticed was that instead of the Pioneer sound system that the Cobalts come with it had a 8 speaker Bose sound system.

Now I know that allot of other cars come with the Bose system, however I do not know of any cars other than the Cobalt that come with the pioneer system. My question is has anyone heard any of the cars with the Bose system and how does it compare with the Pioneer system?
If its got no highs and got no lows.....it's bose. I personally like the pioneer better, bose is way overated for the hype they get going.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:48 PM

Bose is all about high end audio. the clarity of the sound with no distortion. regardless of what type of Bose speakers yo get they are going to be damn good!
pioneer is good but when yo get a stock speaker system in your cobalt it is by no means their best stuff, it is mostly the quantity and volume yo get with that setup.
having Bose compared to Pioneer is like premium sound compared to base sound
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
bose speakers arent anything special... they just make complex enclosures to make them sound good. btw its really preferance ive herd both and they were both good imo but i still would pull them from my car if i had the choice because id prefer a system i designed and made
Old 05-24-2007, 05:59 PM

Bose = OK, Pioneer = OK. I wouldn't buy something cause it said BOSE...I install home theater for a local place and we do not sell Bose, we don't like to rip off our customers that much...lol. They are ok, but for there cost you can do so much better. From the automotive side for Bose, I have heard a few and was not impressed. A relatively cheap Name brand aftermarket system will sound better then a "Bose Premium factory system". I was suprised by the system in the Cobalt, much better then I thought, but after installing some decent aftermarket in it, the factory system isn't much either...

o7cobaltowner; Bose knows nothing about true High end audio....( I would take a high end Pioneer system over a High end bose....)and neither one would be my first choice (or even in my top 3.)
Old 05-24-2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by SS SCHGD
Bose = OK, Pioneer = OK. I wouldn't buy something cause it said BOSE...I install home theater for a local place and we do not sell Bose, we don't like to rip off our customers that much...lol. They are ok, but for there cost you can do so much better. From the automotive side for Bose, I have heard a few and was not impressed. A relatively cheap Name brand aftermarket system will sound better then a "Bose Premium factory system". I was suprised by the system in the Cobalt, much better then I thought, but after installing some decent aftermarket in it, the factory system isn't much either...

o7cobaltowner; Bose knows nothing about true High end audio....( I would take a high end Pioneer system over a High end bose....)and neither one would be my first choice (or even in my top 3.)
couldnt agree more^^^^^