Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

please help with p4000dvd HU. im goin nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is exactly why I joined the other site, people over here are idiots.

So why don't one of you explain to me how the RCA's are the problem if they are working fine how he has it hooked up now.

And no the problem is not with the head unit. It worked perfectly when I took it out.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by thesteed46
This is exactly why I joined the other site, people over here are idiots.

So why don't one of you explain to me how the RCA's are the problem if they are working fine how he has it hooked up now.

And no the problem is not with the head unit. It worked perfectly when I took it out.
analyze the ops post

and i quote:

"I currently am bumping thru the little black box thing off of the rear mids. But I want the rcs'a to go thru the deck so I can fine tune my sound quality and actually pound my subs."

and:

" ya I tried that all again too. its the exact directions in the book. When I plug the rca's in I get nothing."

Hrm, seems like he's having issues getting the RCAs to work coming directly from the head unit. and please do leave the forums if you're butthurt about people trying to help someone out.

also, if you're so in tune to what the problem is, you should be pm'ing the op (the person you sold the h/u to) providing assistance as needed.

I rest my case. Have fun in the other forums!

P.S. Statistically speaking, the first things to go on a touchscreen H/U are the CD loading tray motor and the RCA pigtails or jacks. I also guess its not possible for a unit to be damaged during the shipping process either. Entertain me with more ideas of your troubleshooting school of thought. I'd love to learn anything I can.

Last edited by c4w18; 01-06-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by c4w18
analyze the ops post

and i quote:

"I currently am bumping thru the little black box thing off of the rear mids. But I want the rcs'a to go thru the deck so I can fine tune my sound quality and actually pound my subs."

and:

" ya I tried that all again too. its the exact directions in the book. When I plug the rca's in I get nothing."

Hrm, seems like he's having issues getting the RCAs to work coming directly from the head unit. and please do leave the forums if you're butthurt about people trying to help someone out.

also, if you're so in tune to what the problem is, you should be pm'ing the op (the person you sold the h/u to) providing assistance as needed.

I rest my case. Have fun in the other forums!
Ok, maybe one thing you didn't know is that he has done a lot of audio systems before. He's not a noob at it. Maybe I have been talking to him about it. Would you like me to copy all of the pm's?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:04 PM

P.S. Statistically speaking, the first things to go on a touchscreen H/U are the CD loading tray motor and the RCA pigtails or jacks. I also guess its not possible for a unit to be damaged during the shipping process either. Entertain me with more ideas of your troubleshooting school of thought. I'd love to learn anything I can.
Somebody must have really thrown i around when it was shipped then. It was packed tight. Like I said, everything worked great when I took it out.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:06 PM

Ok, maybe one thing you didn't know is that he has done a lot of audio systems before. He's not a noob at it. Maybe I have been talking to him about it. Would you like me to copy all of the pm's?
I don't care; the fact of the matter, as JJ stated before, if you guys are so sure its a configuration issue with the OS, and have reviewed the manual as well as online instructions on the matter, why are you asking for help and then shittalking us for it? It just doesn't make sense and offends me that we're being called dumbasses for the following reasons:

a) trying to help

b) making a suggestion as how to remedy the problem based on vague information given by the OP

and c) suggesting that the unit was damaged (when we didn't point the finger at you at all)
Old 01-06-2011, 01:08 PM

Somebody must have really thrown i around when it was shipped then. It was packed tight. Like I said, everything worked great when I took it out.
quite possible. i've had a jensen vm9022hdn shipped to me brand new from factory and it it did not read CDs or DVDs upon installation. it happens dude, and its not necessarily anyones fault other than the shipping company, which is why i suggested he test for voltage from the preamp outs. the p4000 has 4v preamp outs, test for it, it may or may not be the issue.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 PM

First of all, I didn't call you that.

I apologize if I offended you. I was just basing my judgments and interpretations on the information that I had.

And with the OP, he couldn't even find how to get to the spot to turn the subs on. I was just asking for someone to tell how to get there because I don't remember.

And if I didn't damage it, who did? Not the shipper, and if they did I had insurance on it.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:29 PM

"Ok, maybe one thing you didn't know is that he has done a lot of audio systems before."

"And with the OP, he couldn't even find how to get to the spot to turn the subs on."

=contradiction?

Doesn't sound like someone with tons of experience to me.

And as for the insult:

"This is exactly why I joined the other site, people over here are idiots."

Referring to me and EmperorJJ.

Anyways, I'm over it dude. I don't have any beef with anyone here, I'm just appalled at the types of responses I got from my suggestion. Hope you guys figure it out.

Good day to you sir.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:15 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
pioneers do have a factory fault with their rcas that only becomes a problem with bad installs. google pioneer pico fuse. but thats just a wild guess the OP still hasn't responded or given any more useful information. sorry that u had to be pulled into it thesteed but come on, you didn't have to be a dick about it. as far as the whole not a noob thing goes... most people who know what they are doing are somewhat humble and will admit they don't know everything. but the know it alls are the ones who rigged up 2 systems for their cousins in someones driveway and yes it may have worked but barely and they just got lucky.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:21 PM

"Ok, maybe one thing you didn't know is that he has done a lot of audio systems before."

"And with the OP, he couldn't even find how to get to the spot to turn the subs on."

=contradiction?

Doesn't sound like someone with tons of experience to me.

And as for the insult:

"This is exactly why I joined the other site, people over here are idiots."

Referring to me and EmperorJJ.

Anyways, I'm over it dude. I don't have any beef with anyone here, I'm just appalled at the types of responses I got from my suggestion. Hope you guys figure it out.

Good day to you sir.
I was referring to the wiring as him having the experience. It took me a while to figure out how to work the head unit properly.

I was referring to the exact name that I "called" you, which I did not. You said I called you something else.
Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
pioneers do have a factory fault with their rcas that only becomes a problem with bad installs. google pioneer pico fuse. but thats just a wild guess the OP still hasn't responded or given any more useful information. sorry that u had to be pulled into it thesteed but come on, you didn't have to be a dick about it. as far as the whole not a noob thing goes... most people who know what they are doing are somewhat humble and will admit they don't know everything. but the know it alls are the ones who rigged up 2 systems for their cousins in someones driveway and yes it may have worked but barely and they just got lucky.
I'm just trying to help him figure it out. If you don't like my posts, don't respond to them. Honestly, I don't know how many or how well done his systems were. I was just basing what I said on what he told me.

But I'm tired of explaining myself.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Sorry I didn't differentiate between "*******" and "idiot".