Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Post all pictures of DVD systems in Cobalts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what if u have a girl in ur car and want to get her in the mood for some road hed or for when u get home. I'd also turn up the sound at red lights when poeple had their windows open.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by stonny9
what if u have a girl in ur car and want to get her in the mood for some road hed or for when u get home. I'd also turn up the sound at red lights when poeple had their windows open.

im not a dog... my girl can give me head when i get home... dont wanna kill or be killed over someone getting a piece of ass.. just imagine.. a girl giving you head.. your enjoying it ofcourse, your concentrating on whats going on and not paying attention, then u hit a lil kid on a bike... all for a piece of ass.. worth it? doubt it
Old 05-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sempher55
im not a dog... my girl can give me head when i get home... dont wanna kill or be killed over someone getting a piece of ass.. just imagine.. a girl giving you head.. your enjoying it ofcourse, your concentrating on whats going on and not paying attention, then u hit a lil kid on a bike... all for a piece of ass.. worth it? doubt it
dude you dont do that while driving in the residential streets. Some of the best head was on the road or tractor (my brother said she couldnt ride with me any more for the harrow tracks were not straight lol just kidding). really you sound like a prude. maybe you know your limits. it is less distracting then cell phone use. and it is done mostly on interstates.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote: Originally Posted by victory_red_SSI must be old and you guys must be young, because why the hell do you want a dvd or playstation in your car? You can't use it while your driving and if you can afford it your not homeless. I definitely don't want to drive around so someone else can finish their movie or play a game. I really don't get it

Originally Posted by Sempher55
i totally agree!!!!!!!!! a dvd player in a car is ******* stupid unless you have a long roadtrip suv with headsets for kids and others in the back seat... its just more distraction from the road for others.. oh and ur not the old guy hating these... im 20 and i think they are stupid... buti will say they do look really nice in our cars...its just not for me
You know what. I do have kids 4 and 6. cruising an evening with music videos and movies is just cool for them. and navigation is useful. we do go to different cities. plus did you know you can hook up diagnostics like A/F and performance like G-Tech pro through it and save it and annalyze it on your compurter. no idea how useful it is though for I dont own one. plus you can use cameras. I was going to do a front cam and rear came at street level and be able to pipe it all in to all screens (front and two rear). and if you think this money would be better spent on performance your half right. I am planning for a build up that may be $3,000 to $10,000. not sure what I am doing to it yet. we shall see. that is why other little stuff is being built up. plus I like to see the aftermarket grow. HP tuners is the most exciting thing out there right now.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:06 PM

i think the one loooks awesome but it has a pretty ridiculous mont for a/c controls.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:58 PM

lol for real. Would suck to have my a/c **** in my glovebox.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by l Sh1ft l
lol for real. Would suck to have my a/c **** in my glovebox.
I totally agree. I was considering putting it i the console or on the roof of the car. Console would loose the front cup holders. I dont like it. that is why I am going with Double Din most likely.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:41 AM

I thought there was a new safety precaution that didn't let you play movies and stuff while the car was in drive? Or does it just depend on if the installer hooks that up or not?
Old 07-09-2006, 04:57 AM
Banned

You just hook up the e-brake cable to the ground wire and it thinks the e-brake is always on. Then you can have it on when ever you want.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Newt_177
I love my clarion...no external decoder...all contained in the dash...comes ipod ready so you can store your ipod anywhere and use the touch screen controls to operate it...playstation hooks up real easy...don't have pics with me in Iraq but will send some if you want when I get home...let me know
Come home safe. Appreciate your input. Think of you guys often (CDN and US TROOPS, just an assumption that your not there on vacation but on business). Not to change topic but I heard it is hot there. 58 celcius - I dont know the conversion but that is like over 110f I think.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:19 AM

My In-Dash

This a Pioneer AVH P-5700DVD. Its a got a 6.5 inch touch screen, plays dvd's, mp3 cd's, vcd's. You can add XM, or Sirius, or both (I have XM) rear view camera, iPod Interface Adapter, Vehicle Dynamics Processor, even a TV tuner.

Closed view. (Dont mind the mess)

Another full view. ( cleaner )
Old 07-09-2006, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by eddiegaz25

This a Pioneer AVH P-5700DVD. Its a got a 6.5 inch touch screen, plays dvd's, mp3 cd's, vcd's. You can add XM, or Sirius, or both (I have XM) rear view camera, iPod Interface Adapter, Vehicle Dynamics Processor, even a TV tuner.

Closed view. (Dont mind the mess)

Another full view. ( cleaner )
I know this off topic, but where did you get those WHITE FACED gauges? I have been looking for some of those.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Cop
I know this off topic, but where did you get those WHITE FACED gauges? I have been looking for some of those.
The white faced gauges come standard in the SS na... unless your talking about some gauges other then the speedo and tack
Old 07-09-2006, 05:31 PM

I think they are part of the sport package...When I got my car they asked if there were any accessories I'd like added before I picked up my car. I asked for the white gauges and she said I'd have to contact their parts supplier becuase they didn't have anything like it in their inventory.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by ssnipes
I was trying to get a pic but this is likely what I am going to get........

Pioneer AVIC-Z1 DVD/30GB Hard Drive Navigation/7" LCD

In-dash DVD player/navigation system with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
Fits double-sized dash openings
Motorized 7" video screen with touch-panel controls
Turn-by-turn map and voice guidance
Built-in 30GB hard drive performs all navigation functions
Stores up to 10GB of music files
Voice command capability; microphone included
Text-to-speech technology announces the names of most roads
Learning capability: remembers frequently traveled roads and suggests familiar routes
Smart routing algorithm takes data such as posted speed limits and number of turns into account to suggest the most efficient route possible
Plays DVDs, DVD-R/RWs, DVD+R/RWS, CDs, CD-R/RWs, and MP3/WMA discs
Navigation antenna included
Nearly 11 million points of interest
Roadside Assistance display
64MB internal memory
3-band parametric EQ
XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (subscription also required)
Compatible with Pioneer's iPod interface adapter, Bluetooth adapter, and DVD/CD changer
Audio/video input
Rear-view camera input
Front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
Tri-zone capable
Supertuner IIID AM/FM tuner
18 FM/6 AM presets
Designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Warranty: Onlinecarstereo.com 1 Year warranty.

I will sell you my Z1. PM me.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:33 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by berndogz
It just looks hot!

Can have music videos going as well.

I'm not getting a dvd screen though, just a sick deck
hell ya same here (but im getting a screen) the best part about dvd is music vids. although i wouldnt mind hearing the tv thou.... once i get my **** installed (fitment isses but ill get them worked) im putting a switch for the screen so i can have actual video when i want to... i sorta wanted a camera like someone else here stated but i dont know how to wire that correctly
Old 09-11-2006, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by PlaysWitCars
Just painted it with the same color paint as the car
hey did you do a clear coat too? for some reason the actual dash kit doesnt look as shiny thou... thanks for the idea
Old 09-11-2006, 09:36 AM

Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 AM

Old 09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Former Cobalt Owner

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
hey did you do a clear coat too? for some reason the actual dash kit doesnt look as shiny thou... thanks for the idea
they are clear coated. but the dask kit itself doesnt seem as shiny at certain angles.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:05 AM

hmm... if i do that ill double up on the clear coat
Old 09-16-2006, 06:07 PM

keep this in mind on pioneer nav units... their pre-outs supposed '4volt' is bullshit... i have the n2... and im reading an rms of .8volts... and that sucks ass... nothing wrong with it, thats just all they read... and yea...needless to say highlevel is the way to go for pioneer lol
Old 09-27-2006, 12:14 AM

yeah i got the n1 and the same problem occurs