Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Radar Detector mounting

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radar Detector mounting

Hi I have a Whistler 3450, I had it in my civic, which I didn't care about drilling and stuff, but now I'm scared to touch my ss/sc. This setup isn't a normal detector because it doesn't just plug in a lighter and hook on your windshield. It's able to mount anywhere, upside down sideways normal, the reading can be changed to accomodate all those. The problem with it is the way it works.

The first of my problems is the piece that picks up radar signals mounts near your front bumper somewhere near the raod surface, where the sunlight won't affect it but still see bounces off the road from infront behind and the sides. problems I have is, is there anywhere on the front bumper bottom that I can ziptie it to, or velcro it. Both will hold it down, just need a safe place where it can press against. Second problem, is there a place in the firewall to run a wire? just needs to be big enough for a speaker wire, I don't want to drill.

Second peice is the laser part is a little peice that mounts to the windsheild behind the rearview. Is there any easy way to run the wire around the windsheild, without having to take it all off.

Last part isn't much of a problem, is where should I mount it, I'm thinking on the cluster walls, like on the top peice or bottom peice where it's between the slots of my steeringwheel and not far out of view, only thing is it's not very concealed, but that's not to much of a problem.

Thanks all in advance, if you need pics of the pieces I can have those up tomorrow, also I have instructions that describe where it should be, where I can get you guys. It describes where it should be better then I can.