Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Radio all jacked up.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio all jacked up.

Ok so everyday for the past few days, everytime i change the radio and go back to the main station i listen too (Button 2) the radio buttons all stop workin. cant change to CDor eject cd, Cahnge to another station change to FM or go from FM to XM, the only things i can do is change the station with the knob or change the volume.

Anyone else havin these problems.. or knows how to fix.

Also i found out if you get pissed and keep jammin buttons the all the different messages on the radio pop up at once and you cant do anything but change the volume not even turn it off.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:27 PM

Havent heard of that before. I would just take it in they will fix or replace it for you if your still under warranty.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes my radio doesnt turn on with the car, it stays off for like 5minutes before booting up
Old 10-21-2006, 10:12 AM

older grand ams had alot of radio problems from the factory. They had alot of display problems where the screen would just be a blur of lights that make no real sence. There is also a way that your radio can get locked. I have heard of a few cases of this happening for no reason in the balts. I would take it back to the dealer if you haven't screwed around with anything else audio they should help you out if you are under warranty. If the stereo is locked I don't think there is any way to fix it other than take it back to the factory.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:07 PM

The radio display in my 06 LS will, for no reason, turn into something from a video game. It just scrolls numbers and letters like crazy. If I hit the info button it freezes up the display. I can still change stations fine and it seems to reset itself if I shut the car off and restrat it. It has been to the dealer twice and they can't replicate the problem. Anyone have any ideas?