Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

sony nav u70

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up sony nav u70

Just wanted to give a little review of my sony nav u70 i bought this week. I wanted to get a in dash set but i just dont have the money. I picked this up for 359 after mail in rebate at best buy. It works very well, and only takes 1 or 2 minutes to pick up all the satelites when you first turn it on. The unit has very good tracking, and the voice commands are very clear. The unit does about everything most navs do execpt traffic re routing, but i mean if u see traffic ahea you can just take an exit and the unit will re route you. Re routing is pretty quick, about 1 second. The Nav-u70 comes with preloaded u.s maps, it has 1gb of flash ram, and a 300mhz intel processor. It looks very clean and matches our interiors well with its silver trim, it is also not too bulky, i have it set up next to the pillar in the drivers side towards the bottom, looks very clean. The signal quality is pretty good aswell, i mean obviously your going to loose signal under over passes but its very brief and the satellites pick you right back up as soon as you are clear.

Anyone looking for a portable nav unit head to your local best buy, before the sale runs out, its probably the best your going to get for your money right now.. it is normally priced at 500, 459 with an instant rebate and then a 100 mail in rebate.