Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Sound Deadening my car!!! PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by syP
btw.. that vent is for cabin air pressure.

so your ears dont pop when a door closes.

no wonder I don't get that ear pop when I close my window.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:02 PM

this will definately make your bass clearer. I didn't use this but i did use dyna mat. However you wasted a lot of it on the bottom. You could of done the sides, behind the license plate area, put some actually on your license plate on the back, then used the rest to do your pillars. However you do this once and you learn. The bottom part is rarely needed to be done.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
ya um no fatmat sucks... its an asphalt deadener so i wouldnt waste my money. Im sorta surprised at tiny thou. What did you buy? any good butly mat shouldnt fall off ever and liquid works but a good mat vs good liquid the mat would help more with the same thickness
Fatmat is not asphalt, it's butyl. It's pretty much the same as Dynamat only thinner. I would recommend sticking with Dynamat Xtreme though. It's far more effective than thinner products. Fatmat sticks extremely well, but won't perform as well in the damping department. I have some of both in my car. Fatmat is 45 mil thick. Fatmat makes another product called "Rattletrap" that is 75 mil thick, so it should be closer to Dynamat Xtreme as far as damping qualities. Look for it on eBay.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:49 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
oh my bad but after reading the site both the fatmat and rattle trap are listed as a "rubberized compound" or "butyl based"... i was positive fatmat was asphalt especially since my uncle got a bunch of it and had problems with it sticking but i guess butly based is a step in the right direction (although know one knows how much of the compound is actually butyl but im assuming not much)
Old 08-03-2007, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by 1stbluSS
this will definately make your bass clearer. I didn't use this but i did use dyna mat. However you wasted a lot of it on the bottom. You could of done the sides, behind the license plate area, put some actually on your license plate on the back, then used the rest to do your pillars. However you do this once and you learn. The bottom part is rarely needed to be done.
Thanks for the comment. I used a lot of it on the sides and back. I put 2 layers on the liscence plate. I even did the trunk hood. I also used spray foam for down in the pockets of the lid. I wanted to put a lot on the bottom because I am buying the gmpp exaust. My friend (black_bullet_ss) has the same exhaust and it is really noisy in the car. I was trying to eliminate some of that.