Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

SPAL actuators don't work ONLY when remote started (prostart starter)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPAL actuators don't work ONLY when remote started (prostart starter)

Hey guys,

wondering if anyone can shed some light on this and give me some ideas on where to begin diagnosing this. I have SPAL door actuators installed that work flawlessly. The only scenario in which they don't work would be if I have remotely started the car and have it running on the prostart ct-5072 remote starter.

The locks work fine with remote unlock/lock 100% of the time if the car is not remote started

The locks seem to lose power when remotely started and the remote starter is running the car. If I hit the brake with the key in the ignition it disengages the starter and they instantly start working again.

There is a direct line from the jumper post in the engine bay feeding power through a 25A fuse to the SPAL locks system, and it is grounded on the driver's side behind the panels in the center column of the car. The ground wire is behind one of the 2 bolts there.

I called up the starter people and the first guy said it sounds like it is losing ground, the second guy said to check voltages going out from the starter to make sure it isn't dropping off.

What do you guys think? Normally if I push down on the lock stick coming out of the door panel it will lock them all since it senses them being locked, but when remotely started and running they have no power to them.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
test green and brown with a meter while its remote started to see if they drop from 12v to 0 like they're supposed to...that's where i'd start.

taking a wild guess though, maybe they have a shared onboard relay with something else and can't output the proper or voltage current to trigger the relay for your acuators.....