Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Stereo Problem in Friends PT Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stereo Problem in Friends PT Cruiser

My friend has an 03 PT and just recently we installed a new Clarion stereo in it.

We did the head unit and all speakers. Everything seemed ok for about a week but now when he turns on his stereo all he gets is a quick tick sound from the rear left speaker and then nothing,

The stereo still displays that the MP3/CD is playing and shows the volume control but theres no sound.

It's the same for the radio. Any one have any ideas?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it was working and it just all of the sudden quit I would take it back to were ever you bought it and try to get it swaped out, if they wont call clarion and find a service center. To me it sounds like an internal amplifier problem, I am a MECP Tech (mobile electronics certified professional) and that my opinion.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sscobalt06
If it was working and it just all of the sudden quit I would take it back to were ever you bought it and try to get it swaped out, if they wont call clarion and find a service center. To me it sounds like an internal amplifier problem, I am a MECP Tech (mobile electronics certified professional) and that my opinion.

Thanks for the info bro, I think we figured it out, we were the ones who installed it because we are the Clarion Dealer.

I'm pretty sure the head unit may have some kind of heat related defect because we cooled it down and threw it on the test bed at work here and after about 30 mins it ran fine, then we cranked it a little and it cut out again to the point where we could hear music but only if the volume was at MAX and it was fussy and extremely quiet.

We're prolly gonna order a new deck and recheck the wiring in the speakers and the harness.