Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

stock 10 inch

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it was my misunderstanding....I have a 510 DD series,its 300 RMS and 1200 Peak. I was just going by what the salesman had told me. He had also said that it would be able to handle a 2ohm load,but when i looked up the sub,i also found that it was only a 4 ohm sub,because it was not a Dual Voice Coil. Which was fine,just don't give me Bull ****. He did'nt say what the RMS was,just the peak, and i did'nt ask. The Bazooka amp that i have is model BA1500 500 Watt Mono Amp. At the time that i was buying the sub,there was another employee that was selling an amp that he had,i bought it for $50 working and everything,But i am assuming that the installer that i bought the amp from did'nt know that the amp was only 500 Watts.{ i had thought that he knew what he was talking about working in a place like that} He told me that it was an 800 watt amp RMS<and 1500 peak....I am also assuming that he thought that was the output because of the model number. When i bought the amp it did'nt have any stickers or specs on it,so i just looked it up the yesterday and found that it is only 500 watts. The sub fits inside the stock box just fine ,and it sounds really good. I only paid $140 for the sub,he told me that it was on sale,and that the regular price was $169.So i went back to see why the hell did they give me such wrong info,unless they were just trying to make a sale....The manger told me that he did'nt know what was going on,and of all times when i told him who they were,the salesman was off,and the installer that i bought the amp from had gotten fired for stealing from them the day before i went back. I was'nt able to give back the sub because there was nothing wrong with it,and the amp i purchased it from the installer personally,and not from the shop. I just take this as a lesson learned.So when i had asked if it were possible to do what i was trying to do for the money that i only wanted to spend,they told me that basically i was going to need more money....So unfortunatly not at this time........The info that i found out about the sub,came from a friend of mine that works in an audio shop,unfortunatley i did'nt go to his shop at the time....I will next time though....

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
I meant, what are my options. I know it only fits one, I only want one. I just want something better than the OEM one, that will still fit in the same place. Follow along here...
lol Sorry i misunderstood you

Originally Posted by Spun
Thats exactly what I was talking about, you can have a box made to the proper specs that will fit in along the driver side wall if the trunk, extended up past the tire well, infact it would look cleaner than the stock box.

Yeah the 500 is what I think to, the only one that might fit but its a 300 watt sub and I wasn't sure where the thousand watt came from, at that range it would have to have been a 3500 or better and no way those are fitting in the stock box. The 500 makes more sense anyway, being SVC, but I was under the impression that the 500 was 4 ohm only, I don't know there were just alot of holes in the story if you know what i mean
Next time i'll be a little more specific....Trust me i feel like an ass...I'm not a bull *******,but i don't like to be bull shitted aswell....Is shitted even a word?? They gave me some info that was'nt even correct,and i just relayed it back,I'll do some research next time before i open my mouth.....

Last edited by Sleeper LS; 08-10-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-10-2008, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happens to the best of us, don't beat your self up about it.
If you like the way your system sounds then I guess thats all that counts but if you think it sounds good now with a proper tuned and ported box and a little better of an amp it would sould so much better
BTW all the DD subs are good, but the amp is 500@2ohms or 320 @4ohms, but thats being generous for those amps , go find that guy and beat his ass (lol) or sell it and become friendly with ebay
Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Spun
Happens to the best of us, don't beat your self up about it.
If you like the way your system sounds then I guess thats all that counts but if you think it sounds good now with a proper tuned and ported box and a little better of an amp it would sould so much better
BTW all the DD subs are good, but the amp is 500@2ohms or 320 @4ohms, but thats being generous for those amps , go find that guy and beat his ass (lol) or sell it and become friendly with ebay
Well if i can find that **** head i'll beat him down good..... But diplomacy is usually the best course of action....Then result in violence when all else fails.......lol I hav'nt had any problems with the amp yet. I use to have a Bazooka CSA 150.1 amp,before i got this one. I never really thought that they were really worthy of performing good bass for long periods of time if they were being pushed to hard. And that one was at a 2 ohm load wired to the stock 10" pioneer sub that came with my cobalt when i had bought it. The stock pioneer sub that came with my cobalt had a dual voice coil,and my friend had wired it up in a series to make run at 2 ohms.{thats what my friend had told me when he wired it up} And also that bazooka amp would be able to take it,and it did pretty good for a while,but then i had noticed that after a long period of time,the bass would cut for a second,then i noticed that i would turn my bass down it would be ok. I was told that it might be the amp,or my sub wasn't able to handle too much for to long. So thats why i changed the sub,and went with the same brand of amp. But if i had a choice i would probably rather stick with Fosgate amps. I have had a few and never had problems and the latest ones look real sleek. As far as what i have been told about DD subs,they are suppose to be the ****....The friend that works in an audio shop use to run in bass competitons. His brother builds boxes,{i may have him build one for me}.. I had seen them win 1st or 2nd place with just one sub. And it was always a DD If it was'nt with 1 15",or 18" it would be with 2 12"'s. **** i had had even seen them win 1st place against 2 15" with 4 8"s. In that class with the 8 inchs,he had 2 DD M-1's 1200 watt amps 1500 series 8's...4 of them in a ported box in the trunk of a Lexus SC400 with the gas tank in the trunk,and leather seats,in 2 classes first one was modified and the 2nd was comp 2 at 147 DB's....I'm thinking that bass competitions aren't that hot here in Satown,because they were always getting top places,or they may just be that good.......Talk about being the ****......lol I had always had that mentallity that sealed boxes were the best way to go. But then i was told that sealed boxes would strain the subs,because they would'nt have room to move as with a ported box. But i guess it just depends one what one is trying to do. I never really had any intrest i ported boxes. But after what i have been told i may change my preferences when it comes to boxes.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
most big name subs are built spec wise to work in both sealed and ported boxes. DD subs are quite different and even thou they half work in sealed boxes they really shine in ported boxes
Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 AM

Oh no wonder they were sounding bad ass....