Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Subs

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subs

hey guys i just installed my subs yesterday, and I was wondering while im working on adjustments to get best sound what are some hot spots for vibrations and what is the best way to get rid of em ... thanks guys
Old 06-18-2008, 03:02 PM

dynamat works well.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:03 PM

exterior door handles for sure. I am not sure how to fix this. Everything on the Rear deck seems to rattle, even with the stock system. to fix this just use like double sided tape under the spots that raddle. not sure if its the best way to do it but... it worked for my shitty system. The mirror on the passengers side seems to rattle when there is no one sitting in the passengers seat. it may just be coincidence or it may be that my mom hit the mirror pulling out of the driveway.

thats about all i have problems wih but there are probably other people that have different problems

are you looking for just a small fix? or are you looking to fix it so theres no vibration what so ever? if you want to do no vibration ... dynamat FTW
Old 06-18-2008, 03:51 PM

it's much easier to open the back seats, pop the rear deck loose, and stuff it with foam that will actually apply upward pressure on the deck lid.

Once that is done, put 5 rubber pegs(like ya use on the bottom of furniture, small rubber pegs) along the back where the deck lid meets the rear window.

Right there you've taken care of the deck lid rattle.

Pop your roof liner loose and place foam throughout. While your at it take apart the dome light and place some foam along as many of the plastic intersections as possible. Now, if you've done it right, your roof liner should be relatively tight and actually push down a little harder where the headliner hits the other interior pieces. There goes a good amount of rattle.

The interior door handles rattle a bit, but the dealership should be able to take care of that. if u don't wanna go that route you should try and get some foam to fit in the handle cracks as much as possible. That helps some.

In your trunk now look towards the deepest left and right areas, pull the carpet out a lil and you will see a gaping hole on each side which leads to the side cushions of the back seat. Stuff foam like a mean mug in there. Helps a bit with the sides.

From this point the only thing left you can do is dynamat. you could most likely get away with just a trunk kit once you've done what i described.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:05 PM

my system used to rattle and all i have are 4 infinities and a 300 watt amp....i put some 2" foam underneath the rear deck, but the head rest plastic cover things won't go back on...anyway, it killed most of it, but the fabric fluters over the speaker grills and that causes some noise.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:05 PM

alright thanks alot guys helpful as always haha I apreciate it