Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

for those of you who are pro installers/shop owners...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those of you who are pro installers/shop owners...

just a few questions. im 18 and about to head off to college and i am very interested in becoming a pro installer and to own a full car customization shop with a few of my buddies. enough about that but i was wondering for those of you who already are a pro installer and maybe a shop owner, how did you get to where you are now? if you went to college, where did you go and what did you major in? if no school then what did you do? just looking for some information to help follow what i want to do. thank you.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:56 PM

i know some of you on here do this or know people who do. i read it all the time haha
Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 PM

eh... i learned by doing... and the owner of the shop i work at, as well as the manager did the same... and both of them have records in their names, so i guess that works lol...
Old 02-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Banned

yup, no reputable shop will hire u without massive experience. i am only 21 but already a first class mecp installer, have had write ups on several installs, and been in several magazines as well as knowing ther owners of most major audio/electronics companies in the country. not because i went to school or took a class, just by doing. it really is the only way. its why i think ASE certification for mechanics is a joke. all u have to do is memorize a book and then write on some paper. lol. no applied logic. car electronics and integration...it takes lots of practice and skill. thus the reason mechanics makes shitty installers, but installers are always good mechanics too. a major in electronic engineering would help too.