Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Clutch Bypass Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I opted for non gps module. There are now 3 modules.

1 is gps/data
1 is data
1 is Bluetooth
Old 10-12-2013, 10:31 PM

But I do love it every waking moment. I'm a volunteer firefighter too. So in the middle of the night when we get calls. I roll over and start the car via the phone app. This way I can leave my keys in the kitchen as I normally do.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dobsongeorge
Not sure what you mean by "data". I know for a fact that the factory system is no longer is use. Meaning the viper system no longer operates at all with the factory alarm.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I could give u some contact info if you want for my installer(s).
That's not necessarily true. Whenever you put your viper alarm in valet mode, you can still use the functions of your factory alarm system. Actually you can use your factory remote anytime really. The only thing that will happen is the moment you lock your car with the viper remote and unlock it with the factory remote and open the door to your vehicle the viper alarm will go off.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:29 AM

Exactly what I said. It's no longer in use. I don't use the stock fob at all. So again. Factory alarm is no longer in use. I never said it was disabled. Just not in use
Old 10-16-2013, 10:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Does this mean your car isn't going to be in first when parked? Only the E Brake is going to be holding the car in place.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Sl0wbaltSS
Does this mean your car isn't going to be in first when parked? Only the E Brake is going to be holding the car in place.
Lol yes. I never parked in gear anyway.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yikes you dont park in gear?? with the ebrake failures these cars have its almost a must
Old 10-17-2013, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
Yikes you dont park in gear?? with the ebrake failures these cars have its almost a must
If you take care of your car and tighten it when needed and keep your brakes in line... There shouldn't be any issues. Back to OP. Not a thread about opinions of auto-start on manual 'Balts (which I see this is leading to).

Been remote starting for 2 weeks now without issue. Nice to hop in the seat and motor is at operating temperature already.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 AM

Separate note: when driving after remote starting... Cruise won't engage. Not that big of a deal.

Noticed it numerous times and have pinpointed it to not engaging only following a remote start.

Haven't had a chance to test if this affects trifecta since I have it run off of cruise on/off but will post results when I get a chance to test it out
Old 10-26-2013, 07:21 AM

Separate note: when driving after remote starting... Cruise won't engage. Not that big of a deal.

Noticed it numerous times and have pinpointed it to not engaging only following a remote start.

Haven't had a chance to test if this affects trifecta since I have it run off of cruise on/off but will post results when I get a chance to test it out
Doesn't effect the Trifecta Tune at all. Works like normal.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by KoriCobalt
Doesn't effect the Trifecta Tune at all. Works like normal.
Confirmed. Forgot to post.

Assuming u experience same cruise issue?
Old 12-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Confirmed. Forgot to post.

Assuming u experience same cruise issue?
Yes I am but all I do is disengage the cruise control before I start the remote start sequence. I did installed a Kenwood DNN770HD in my balt and had to take it to my viper installer. Apparently if you ever disconnect the battery the remote starter you will have a default and you'll end up going back to your installer to relearn the module. I also had them install a backup siren and a viper smart start with GPS tracking. I'll be posting up a video on how it works. It's nice to have if your like me leaving your car behind at the office or taking a flight half way around the world knowing that you know where your vehicle is at.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
I opted for non gps module. There are now 3 modules.

1 is gps/data
1 is data
1 is Bluetooth
really? well u could always change it if u want that feature I guess. nice if u borrow ur car u can set it to alert u when someone goes a certain speed.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:03 PM

So after 12 hours the Car Toys couldn't figure out the clutch bypass issue. Asked me if I just want to keep the 5706 alarm. I have no use for it without the remote start, so they took it all out. How exactly did they wire the clutch bypass setup?
Old 02-24-2014, 10:10 PM

I got mine professionally installed at a window tint place. I think they ended up getting a wiring diagram from the dealership to figure out where the clutch wire is at. Keep in mind whenever you do the remote start to depress the cruise control button otherwise your remote starter will go into default and will require a relearn :/
Old 02-24-2014, 11:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by serega12
So after 12 hours the Car Toys couldn't figure out the clutch bypass issue. Asked me if I just want to keep the 5706 alarm. I have no use for it without the remote start, so they took it all out. How exactly did they wire the clutch bypass setup?
My local best buy hooked me up...was a lil expensive but it works like a advertised. Also I can get issues resolved if any arise at the closest best buy which is great when I end up pcsing. I went car toys at first tho, but they rub me the wrong way.Take it the best buy in Tacoma ...Alex is pretty good. They also gonna do a special install for me.
I got mine professionally installed at a window tint place. I think they ended up getting a wiring diagram from the dealership to figure out where the clutch wire is at. Keep in mind whenever you do the remote start to depress the cruise control button otherwise your remote starter will go into default and will require a relearn :/
Oooooooh so your foreverzero ..saw your video last year. Help me decide on the 5704. I got it installed last Thursday and I was gonna do a video on smart start gps then I saw you had one on that couple nights ago. They are pretty good reviews. The Smart start one was comprehensive. I still gonna make a vid for for an extra I got installed. I will do the 530 module

Last edited by alerosaint; 02-24-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by alerosaint
My local best buy hooked me up...was a lil expensive but it works like a advertised. Also I can get issues resolved if any arise at the closest best buy which is great when I end up pcsing. I went car toys at first tho, but they rub me the wrong way.Take it the best buy in Tacoma ...Alex is pretty good. They also gonna do a special install for me.

Oooooooh so your foreverzero ..saw your video last year. Help me decide on the 5704. I got it installed last Thursday and I was gonna do a video on smart start gps then I saw you had one on that couple nights ago. They are pretty good reviews. The Smart start one was comprehensive. I still gonna make a vid for for an extra I got installed. I will do the 530 module
Yep that's me lol. Glad to know my vids made a difference Over here in Austin TX best buy pretty much robs you with an aftermarket alarm system so I went to a window tint place and they pretty much hooked me up. Then decided to get the 530 later on along with the 529 for the sun roof. Did you also invest in the back up siren, tilt and audio sensor? Yeah man that Viper Smart Start is well worth the money I know exactly where my LNF is "At the shop" lol.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 PM

Yep that's me lol. Glad to know my vids made a difference Over here in Austin TX best buy pretty much robs you with an aftermarket alarm system so I went to a window tint place and they pretty much hooked me up. Then decided to get the 530 later on along with the 529 for the sun roof. Did you also invest in the back up siren, tilt and audio sensor? Yeah man that Viper Smart Start is well worth the money I know exactly where my LNF is "At the shop" lol.
I could have probably did the same but I needed a national business do the install for warranty reasons. Was more expense but at least I got the credit card points...lol. I didn't get those other modules. I am probably gonna get the 530 module here in a couple months if not next month. But yeah it awesome. I love having remote start again. And the ability to see why car at is awesome. On star who?lolol. My car got broken into couple months after I moved WA.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by alerosaint
I could have probably did the same but I needed a national business do the install for warranty reasons. Was more expense but at least I got the credit card points...lol. I didn't get those other modules. I am probably gonna get the 530 module here in a couple months if not next month. But yeah it awesome. I love having remote start again. And the ability to see why car at is awesome. On star who?lolol. My car got broken into couple months after I moved WA.
Yeah man I understand that, it gets a little bit pricey with all the extra features besides the basic remote start. I got my car broken into last year in July which is the reason why I invested in the system. So far it's been good to me, the only issues I've had was the Dball remote starter but was recently replaced so I haven't had any remote start issues since then. The only bad part is anytime you disconnect that battery your gonna need to relearn your remote starter :/
Old 02-25-2014, 12:10 AM

He'll yeah the smart start gps was 100 install at best best buy but it included activation. I pieced the system together an saved money though. That's the reason I went best buy. It's like a lifetime warranty on the work. But if I'm out of state and battery runs out I can take it set back up at any best buy. But you right was an investment!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:26 AM

what exactly do you mean by "relearn the remote start"? As far as I remember, Viper/Clifford alarms automatically go into manual mode if the battery is disconnected. And we don't have a tach wire on 08+ as far as I know...
Old 02-25-2014, 09:01 AM

Oh someone mention cruise control not working. Well I tried it this morning and it worked with my setup. Just for a while since I have a previous issue plaguing my cruise control i havent figured out yet
Old 02-25-2014, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by serega12
what exactly do you mean by "relearn the remote start"? As far as I remember, Viper/Clifford alarms automatically go into manual mode if the battery is disconnected. And we don't have a tach wire on 08+ as far as I know...
You'll know what I mean when you do it. I mean at first it may do the remote start sequence but after the 2nd time it won't work any more. At least that's how it was for me before I had the remote starter replaced.

As far as the cruise control button being on while in remote start mode. You won't get the default until something happens with the remote sequence. It's happened to me 5 times since I've owned the darn thing lol. In the end my installer thinks I had a defected Dball remote starter and was replaced last month. My balt is currently in valet mode at the auto shop.

If you don't ever come across this then that means you have a damn good setup
Old 02-25-2014, 05:15 PM

Better keep my mouth shut on this one
Old 02-26-2014, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mendomar06
Better keep my mouth shut on this one
You're not about to preach about the dangers of remote starts on manual transmissions, are you?

And if you are - this is not really the thread for it. Most of people in this one already made up their minds.

Quick Reply: Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Clutch Bypass Issue