Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Viper Remote Start Help Please :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Viper Remote Start Help Please :)

05 SS/SC Manual

So over a month ago I had a viper remote start system installed " Viper 5701 " All functions work " Door Locks, Trunk are ok " However the remote start doesn't work.

I have installed :

*Viper 5701
*Xpresskit Nexgen DB-ALL Bypass Module

Anyways when i click on the remote start button, the car seems to get power the headlights turn on radio starts heater and fuel pump etc, it seems that its going to start but doesn't.

The guy that installed it for me doesn't remember if he did a clutch bypass or not, I do remember seing him updating the module on the computer, he said something about needing an extra passlock module which i doubt, coz all the other installers told me that u don't need to, and he prolly hooked up the wires wrong for the bypass.

I will be taking it apart tomorrow ! so if anybody ran into this problem or has any advice please chime in

I did search so please don't tell me hit the search button, been here long enough to do that before starting a new thread

Thanks !

Last edited by SunburstSS; 01-14-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont think you would want a remote start on a manual but just make sure you leave it in neutral or it will be bad.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:23 PM

I don't know how many times I've had to post this, but for the 1000th time, this isn't 1999....It's safe to install a remote start on a manual car if you PROPERLY install the remote start with the safety shutdown procedure (reservation mode) which does not allow you to remote start the car unless you do a shutdown sequence that makes SURE the car is in neutral.....anyways, yes, the problem is that this guy did not do the clutch bypass. Tell him he needs to pop off the change holder (where your trunk button is to the left of the steering wheel)...behind that theres a yellow wire in the loom of wires that is the clutch wire (he should meter it to ensure it's the correct wire of course). Tell him to take the violet wire from the ignition output harness of the remote starter brain (dei 5701) and connect it to the yellow wire in that loom. It will bypass the clutch ONLY when the brain outputs 12 volts to starter, ensuring your remote start will function and that you retain your clutch safety feature otherwise.

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

P.S. You don't need "another passlock module" The DB-ALL does every-*******-thing and is the only module you need for that install.

Also, if this was a shop, I'd chew them the **** out. Who the hell rolls out a car after installing a remote start and doesn't check that the remote start works....what the **** is that.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:26 PM

Just noticed you're from VA too, where you at?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by c4w18
I don't know how many times I've had to post this, but for the 1000th time, this isn't 1999....It's safe to install a remote start on a manual car if you PROPERLY install the remote start with the safety shutdown procedure (reservation mode) which does not allow you to remote start the car unless you do a shutdown sequence that makes SURE the car is in neutral.....anyways, yes, the problem is that this guy did not do the clutch bypass. Tell him he needs to pop off the change holder (where your trunk button is to the left of the steering wheel)...behind that theres a yellow wire in the loom of wires that is the clutch wire (he should meter it to ensure it's the correct wire of course). Tell him to take the violet wire from the ignition output harness of the remote starter brain (dei 5701) and connect it to the yellow wire in that loom. It will bypass the clutch ONLY when the brain outputs 12 volts to starter, ensuring your remote start will function and that you retain your clutch safety feature otherwise.

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

P.S. You don't need "another passlock module" The DB-ALL does every-*******-thing and is the only module you need for that install.

Also, if this was a shop, I'd chew them the **** out. Who the hell rolls out a car after installing a remote start and doesn't check that the remote start works....what the **** is that.

Hey dude thanks for the response, i did try connecting the heavy gauge violet wire off the 10 pin connector off the module to the clutch wire " the yellow wire lit my tester when i stepped on the clutch so i know its the right wire" However i still have the same problem.

Heres the funny part thou, i hit remote start it seems like its going to do something, i put the key in the ignition i start the car normally then i take the key out and the car is still running then shuts ff after the timer runs down or if i hit the remote start button again on my remote, so it stays on :x however it seems that it needs some kinda bypass for key transponder.

I think i might need a 556LW or some sort of that module. But it seems that DBALL will do everything which is why im confused

It was actually a guy that i used to work with who did the install for me and it only cost me a bottle of vodka lol.

Im actually in prince william county at the moment Thanks again for your help ! Any other thoughts on whats going on ? again mine is an 05 ss/sc so im not sure if that's make a difference

thanks
Old 01-15-2012, 11:38 PM

It seems the transponder portion of the dball may be connected improperly if you have to put the key in to be able to remote start the car, or the module wasn't programmed correctly after the install.

The car should remain running however, after you apply the ebrake, put the car in neutral, and take your foot off the brake and clutch. At that point, you hit the remote start button on your remote, open the door and exit the vehicle, close the door then arm it and it should shut down. That's the manual safety shutdown sequence.

What do you mean by it seems like its going to do something? Do the gauges light up and then the car doesn't crank? If so, after connecting that starter wire to bypass the clutch, you most likely have a transponder bypass issue....double check the dball connections.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:33 AM

Talking

It seems the transponder portion of the dball may be connected improperly if you have to put the key in to be able to remote start the car, or the module wasn't programmed correctly after the install.

The car should remain running however, after you apply the ebrake, put the car in neutral, and take your foot off the brake and clutch. At that point, you hit the remote start button on your remote, open the door and exit the vehicle, close the door then arm it and it should shut down. That's the manual safety shutdown sequence.

What do you mean by it seems like its going to do something? Do the gauges light up and then the car doesn't crank? If so, after connecting that starter wire to bypass the clutch, you most likely have a transponder bypass issue....double check the dball connections.
*So lets assume the following scenario

Step 1 : Car is armed, I push remote start, the lights come on , dash lights up i hear the fuel pump going, radio, heat turn on, everything is like the car is on position but doesn't crank.

Step 2 : "Still remote start is on " Right after this, I disarm, turn the car like i would normally do,take the key out, the car remain on, i exit the car lock the car and stays on till the timer dies. "

This happens if i have the bypass wire connected or not as instructed earlier. Now with that being said I'm not an expert with this stuff, All I saw is a bunch of wires all over the place lol so I don't even know where to check, Im gonna wait till I get a day off, get some schematics and go over them and see whats going on or just take it to somebody to fix it
Old 01-16-2012, 09:15 PM

try this....disconnect your bypass.....leave the key in the ignition and remote start your car...then tell me if it works.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:17 PM

have you put the car in reservation mode?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 PM

try this....disconnect your bypass.....leave the key in the ignition and remote start your car...then tell me if it works.
Alright i did that, i diconnect the db-all module completley and attempted to remote start but it still doing the same thing, even with the key in, " off postioon or on " everything else works thou so yeah it seems that dball isnt doing its job or something...

Originally Posted by Cefaln452
have you put the car in reservation mode?
I honestly have no idea what that means

Last edited by SunburstSS; 01-17-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-17-2012, 08:03 PM

reservation mode is a safety feature for manual cars, but your car shouldn't be throwing out accessory and ignition if reservation mode was the problem. somethings screwy with the install, or the equipment.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:17 PM

Alrighty, so here's the update,

Remote start works, well partially at least, today my friend looked at it, reprogrammed the Dball module, and the remote start started working, after 5 startups it stopped working , he reprogrammed it again and started working working again. After several startups again it stopped working.

*** He bypassed the clutch completely, the clutch doesn't have to be pressed at all to start the car even with a key " I don't mind that at all, i always leave the car in nuetral eversince i started driving a manual "

*** I'm not sure if this is causing the problem with the remote start not working properly everytime or what but i will rewire the clutch bypass again as c4w18 recommended in the top post as the car might not like the idea of the clutch being bypassed completely

Now here's the funny part, I hit remote start then power came on but car didn't start, I put the key in started the car, took the key out and then the car kept running, i shut it off with the remote start button and it shut off. I try to remote start it and it started working magically again. I tried about 10 times and so far its working so I have no freaking clue...

I can tell you one thing my car has gotten my buddy and a veteran installer and my self dazzled lol

BTW you were right, I didn't have to use any other modules, at least for now

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks !
Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 PM

Damn. this is one of those things i'd have to get my hands on with a DMM in hand to figure out. **** sounds so fishy. How did he make the connections? I hope he didn't use t-taps?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by SunburstSS
Alrighty, so here's the update,

*** He bypassed the clutch completely, the clutch doesn't have to be pressed at all to start the car even with a key " I don't mind that at all, i always leave the car in nuetral eversince i started driving a manual "

Thanks !
Same symptoms with mine. I was putting my viper in and could not get it to bypass the clutch switch, so i just pulled mine out.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:08 PM

Damn. this is one of those things i'd have to get my hands on with a DMM in hand to figure out. **** sounds so fishy. How did he make the connections? I hope he didn't use t-taps?
Haha I gotcha man I'll see what im gonna do with this

Originally Posted by dillw33d
Same symptoms with mine. I was putting my viper in and could not get it to bypass the clutch switch, so i just pulled mine out.
So when u disabled the permanent clutch bypass and did the temporary one, it started working properly for ya ?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:08 AM

I remember that thread dillw33d posted. quite an odd scenario, and he knows what he's doing too...
Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 PM

Hey dude thanks for the response, i did try connecting the heavy gauge violet wire off the 10 pin connector off the module to the clutch wire " the yellow wire lit my tester when i stepped on the clutch so i know its the right wire" However i still have the same problem.

Heres the funny part thou, i hit remote start it seems like its going to do something, i put the key in the ignition i start the car normally then i take the key out and the car is still running then shuts ff after the timer runs down or if i hit the remote start button again on my remote, so it stays on :x however it seems that it needs some kinda bypass for key transponder.

I think i might need a 556LW or some sort of that module. But it seems that DBALL will do everything which is why im confused

It was actually a guy that i used to work with who did the install for me and it only cost me a bottle of vodka lol.

Im actually in prince william county at the moment Thanks again for your help ! Any other thoughts on whats going on ? again mine is an 05 ss/sc so im not sure if that's make a difference

thanks
back when I had a remote start installed into a manual I had to go threw quite the procedure to arm the alarm/remote start. If a motorcycle went by and set my alarm off my remote start would not work. I remember the car had to be on then I hit some buttons on the fob. The lights would flash and I would then take the key out. The car would continue to run into I got out and pressed the lock button. The car would then lock and shut off arming the alarm and setting the remote start. But like I said if something set the alarm off for any reason I would lose the ability to remote start it. That is until I went back in the car and redid the procedure.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:21 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by VapeWI
back when I had a remote start installed into a manual I had to go threw quite the procedure to arm the alarm/remote start. If a motorcycle went by and set my alarm off my remote start would not work. I remember the car had to be on then I hit some buttons on the fob. The lights would flash and I would then take the key out. The car would continue to run into I got out and pressed the lock button. The car would then lock and shut off arming the alarm and setting the remote start. But like I said if something set the alarm off for any reason I would lose the ability to remote start it. That is until I went back in the car and redid the procedure.
That sounds about right it seems that when i have the car on and hit the remote start and then shut it off the remote start works fine at least for a couple of times, mind you that i have a motion detector module hooked up to my viper so my alarm goes off when the sligthest thing passes by my car even lol...

I havent done any extra trouble shooting since last week, so no update on that, I will keep everybody updated on this thread and hopefully be some good info for other peeps planning on doing this in the future

Thanks for everybody sharing their ideas and tips ! I really appreciate it !
Old 01-29-2012, 09:49 PM

That sounds about right it seems that when i have the car on and hit the remote start and then shut it off the remote start works fine at least for a couple of times, mind you that i have a motion detector module hooked up to my viper so my alarm goes off when the sligthest thing passes by my car even lol...

I havent done any extra trouble shooting since last week, so no update on that, I will keep everybody updated on this thread and hopefully be some good info for other peeps planning on doing this in the future

Thanks for everybody sharing their ideas and tips ! I really appreciate it !
ha that might be it...didn't know you added a prox....... If the alarm is activated in any way shape or form, reservation mode becomes "unset" because they assume that if your car was broken into, the gear shifter may have been bumped into gear, so the brain does NOT allow the car to remote start. Many things can undo the reservation mode, e.g. door triggers, shock sensor, motion sensor, etc.

Motion sensors also have a very high false rate, and have to be set over and over to get it just right. Your sensor may be the reason your car is failing to remote start.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:57 PM

Talking

Alrighty time to update this thread once again, So after calling DEI technical support, my installer finally got a hold of a senior technichian that have seen this shyt before, apparently my car is one of those gm cars that needs some special wiring, btw this is a case by case basis, eventhough other 05's might not have this problem, but one in thousand would jeeez, so the guy sent us over the new wiring scheme, that **** was ridicilous and involved two relays and a couple of resistors, apparnetly the signal sent didn't have the correct resistance and was stopping the car from turning on every single time...But after the setup was done, the car works perfectly with no problems...Wohoo, im very happy, imma try to get a hold of the scheme and post it on here so it can be used as a reference incase it happens to anybody

I was really debating returning it or selling it, but now im keeping it

Thanks for everybody in this thread for the help
Old 02-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned

Sub'd
Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 AM

Smile

Alirghty, I have spoken to my installer, he will be sending me the wiring diagram pretty soon, for the time being here's a couple of pics of what it looks like, yikes lol

I'm doing this to hopefully have other people benefit from this !

You can see the dual relay setup along the resistor setup :x

Old 02-28-2012, 08:07 PM

2 relays and a resistor? that sounds like a passlock 2 bypass instead of a pk3...interesting. Let me know when you have those diagrams.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:39 AM

So did anything ever happen to this? I need this to wire up my 08 SS...

That diagram would help greatly.