Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

What Autozone Just Told Me

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkulrey13
i hate autozone. Advanced is where i go if something is needed. They seem to know a little more.
napa
Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't like any of these parts stores......compared to years ago they stock nothing worthwhile. My preference here is Pep Boys. Best of the three. I actually prefer to buy OEM for most things.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by comptekkie
I just got back from Autozone, went to price a battery, he took my info and looked it up in there system, it showed there is a Duralast listed but they do not have it and can not order it because it is not in there supply chain? OK so I ask the price of the Optima yellow top(D34),
He tells me I can NOT use a Optima battery because my battery is a group 90 and has a vent tube, I tell him I know, but the opt. is a sealed batt., he tells me since the opt. has no vent it can not be used in cabin, has to have a vent? What **** is this, tons of cobalt owners are using Optima batts. I just left.
I have been running an Optima Red Top for almost 3 years now. That guy is retarded plain and simple.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WHen I lived in Georgia, the guy's at Advanced seemed better then the 'tards of Autozone.
Then when I moved to Michigan, I noticed the same.
Then when I moved to Alabama, its reverse. Autozone here is abit better then the local advanced.
Well anyways, my company gets us a 10% discount on some stuff at Autozone. But mostly I buy basic stuff there. THey never have any thing more advanced anyway so I end up going to the stealership.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 PM

I just could not believe he was telling me that the Yellow top could not be used because it does not have a vent.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by comptekkie
I just could not believe he was telling me that the Yellow top could not be used because it does not have a vent.
lol. "Sir, if the battery doesn't have a vent...what will you use your vent tube for?"
Old 06-11-2010, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
you are dumb.

advance and autozone do some pretty dumb **** sometimes, but there local store is good about getting me parts at work. however, they also tell me that the fuel filter is not serviceable in the cobalts, and ive replaced it twice lol. napa is your best local parts store hands down, o'reilly's and B2B being behind them.
hatrick? wow man. way to be a douche. pretty rough considering i'm right about the battery being available for purchase from autozone, perhaps i'm being dumb due to the honda part? very few honda forums i'd trust....like g2ic(know one of the old mechanic badasses from there, dan platt, engineer for Xerox).

i use autozone myself, even though i have a bud that works for napa as a store mgr. autozone's flexibility is what wins my business. or i go to schucks/o'reily's down the road further for flexibility of the same caliber.

Originally Posted by blk06cbltss
warren wasnt it you that crashed into a fence at a meet or something like that? haha but still isnt cool to call my washington friend dumb.
no sorry definitely wasn't me. I was 2nd in the pack behind Tom. The dude your talking about....I told him not to be behind me because he was driving like a ******* noob. Sure nuff, he got out from behind me and 10 minutes later nailed that fence. if you had been there i could imagine joking about the guys predicament, but not from you which was never even on the scene. no offense man, but some of us feared the worst because of the roads out there. looking back some of us joke about it, but still, wow.

personally i was kinda pissy because one of the ss's and the ion redline with us that day decided to go shooting off ahead of the group(GOT THE POLICE'S ATTENTION IN THE FIRST PLACE), to then have this dude wreck drawing more cop attention. those 3 drivers, they were cool, but that was kinda bullshit. pretty much the reason i've not been back to washington for a meet since then. i felt the ss and redline's pain, but the fastest car there wasn't even with them. ssyeller was there with the 300+ hp lsj turbo, but he wasn't going off like some 16 year olds with a fresh set of keys. to give the ss and redline some credit, the pack had been stopping every 5 minutes which was killing me just as much as them. only diff is i knew with a large pack ya don't go driving off like idiots as they did.

blk, u must not of been to the meet I went to, wouldn't be a jerk to me if ya actually knew me :-P pretty sure we'd actually get along from what i've read hahaha. and yea....i'm from oregon. hahaha

Last edited by warrenb213; 06-11-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by warrenb213
hatrick? wow man. way to be a douche. pretty rough considering i'm right about the battery being available for purchase from autozone, perhaps i'm being dumb due to the honda part? very few honda forums i'd trust....like g2ic(know one of the old mechanic badasses from there, dan platt, engineer for Xerox).
your right, honda forums are fail. sorry im going to get back to learning some of the tricks of the trade on honda-tech. you know, a honda site with a plethora of 8-9 second hondas.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

i use autozone myself, even though i have a bud that works for napa as a store mgr. autozone's flexibility is what wins my business. or i go to schucks/o'reily's down the road further for flexibility of the same caliber.

no sorry definitely wasn't me. I was 2nd in the pack behind Tom. The dude your talking about....I told him not to be behind me because he was driving like a ******* noob. Sure nuff, he got out from behind me and 10 minutes later nailed that fence.

personally i was kinda pissy because one of the ss's and the ion redline with us that day decided to go shooting off ahead of the group(GOT THE POLICE'S ATTENTION IN THE FIRST PLACE), to then have this dude wreck drawing more cop attention. those 3 drivers, they were cool, but that was kinda bullshit. then again we had been stopping every 5 minutes which was killing me just as much as them. only diff is i knew with a large pack ya don't go driving off like idiots as they did.

blk, u must not of been to the meet I went to, wouldn't be a jerk to me if ya actually knew me :-P pretty sure we'd actually get along from what i've seen hahaha. and yea....i'm from oregon. hahaha
im never mean to you. i just dont like tom haha
Old 06-11-2010, 12:38 AM

your right, honda forums are fail. sorry im going to get back to learning some of the tricks of the trade on honda-tech. you know, a honda site with a plethora of 8-9 second hondas.
another good option u listed there hatrick. but the majority are le fail man.

as if i've never been to honda-tech? haha wow man, used to own an EJ6(99 sedan) slow as **** on H&R(the premo ****, stiffest standalone spring probably still to this day yea?) with KYB AGX's. I loved my honda, was in a whole crew of folks with em. hell they were my life for awhile. the downside....most forums and people on the forums didn't know jack ****.

way to get butt hurt bro.

im never mean to you. i just dont like tom haha
lol true. forgot that. lol
Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 AM

another good option u listed there hatrick. but the majority are le fail man.

as if i've never been to honda-tech? haha wow man, used to own an EJ6(99 sedan) slow as **** on H&R(the premo ****, stiffest standalone spring probably still to this day yea?) with KYB AGX's. I loved my honda, was in a whole crew of folks with em. hell they were my life for awhile. the downside....most forums and people on the forums didn't know jack ****.

way to get butt hurt bro.

lol true. forgot that. lol
im not butthurt i just get tired of the morons on here assuming every dipshit they come across is a honda driver.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:59 AM

hehe, ya know they do say sometimes that stereotypes exist for a reason.

like cavalier's for instance. there are exceptions, always exceptions, but most people see a tricked cavalier and associate it to a race, class, or type of person and the view ain't good.

im personally not that way, i just like poking fun at an obvious stereotype of my old community.

sorry hatrick.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:09 AM

I went to autozone once to get a new clutch, guy laughed when we said we had an '05 cobalt ss supercharged.
And he argued back and forth with us.
'They didn't make cobalts until '06 and they never supercharged them, haha.'
So we told him, okay, give us one for an '06.

He gave us a 2.2 clutch and we didnt realize til we got home and it was alot smaller than the old one.

Sorry if you consider this a thread jack, but I needed to share haha.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned

i dont see anything wrong with being a honda driver. i borrowed my buddies s2k a few times and i want one lol

Originally Posted by SS_NH
I went to autozone once to get a new clutch, guy laughed when we said we had an '05 cobalt ss supercharged.
And he argued back and forth with us.
'They didn't make cobalts until '06 and they never supercharged them, haha.'
So we told him, okay, give us one for an '06.

He gave us a 2.2 clutch and we didnt realize til we got home and it was alot smaller than the old one.

Sorry if you consider this a thread jack, but I needed to share haha.
thats pretty funny actualy

Last edited by blk06cbltss; 06-11-2010 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-11-2010, 01:15 AM

I thought so, he didnt like it when dad threw the clutch on the counter.
I think he pissed himself actually. haha.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Banned

you are dumb.

advance and autozone do some pretty dumb **** sometimes, but there local store is good about getting me parts at work. however, they also tell me that the fuel filter is not serviceable in the cobalts, and ive replaced it twice lol. napa is your best local parts store hands down, o'reilly's and B2B being behind them.
only worthwhile thing reading in this thread lol....napa is def ftw they always know their ****.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:24 AM

i dont see anything wrong with being a honda driver. i borrowed my buddies s2k a few times and i want one lol
hahaha!! s2k's feel so damn sporty. 5 years back or so for the community college i went to the dealer asking them to come show off the insight at this renewable festival we were working on. ended up going to lunch driving a yellow s2k top down with one of the dealer folks to lunch. i miss that digital gauge cluster. i miss winding out those gears!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone ever ask them for power steering fluid? And to show you where to put it? Hahaha It's a spoof off the old Coolant joke from the old Air cooled VWs.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Premium Member

Yea Autozone sucks theyre always rude and never help you out with anything. I usually go to Advanced, they seems friendly enough and dont ignore you when your talking to them...I have a buddy who works for O'reilly and he hooks me up with deals so I don't have a problem with them either.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:16 AM

one guy at autozone tried to tell me that my car had a six bolt pattern for my wheels and that it was a v6. lol
Old 06-11-2010, 11:35 AM

put him i his place and tell his bitch ass to get you the bat. they cant turn down a customer
LOL hell yeah, I like your style, that's what I would have siad I don't take **** from those asses at all
Old 06-11-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline
only worthwhile thing reading in this thread lol....napa is def ftw they always know their ****.
wtf happened to your car? run in with the ghetto?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
eh, what do you expect. Most of their customers don't have a clue... just average salesman selling to average joes.

You don't see any repair shops going there for parts: They go to either NAPA or Carquest, because those places have better parts and hire people that are knowledgeable. You take some funky part that you don't know what the name is into one of those two places and I promise you 9 times out of 10 at least one of the people working will know what the hell it is without having to look at a computer screen like they do at Autozone or the other fake parts places.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kingg5
wtf happened to your car? run in with the ghetto?
what u tryina hate???

Originally Posted by arkkornkid
eh, what do you expect. Most of their customers don't have a clue... just average salesman selling to average joes.

You don't see any repair shops going there for parts: They go to either NAPA or Carquest, because those places have better parts and hire people that are knowledgeable. You take some funky part that you don't know what the name is into one of those two places and I promise you 9 times out of 10 at least one of the people working will know what the hell it is without having to look at a computer screen like they do at Autozone or the other fake parts places.
yup you can actually have an intelligible automotive conversation with them too. always cool. autozones 2 mins away and napas 10 mins away if it's anything other than cleaners i go to napa.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:03 PM

Autozone guy: "Can I help you?"
Me: "I need a 3/8" brass compression fitting"
Autozone guy: "What year?"
Me with a dumbfounded look on my face: "It doesn't matter!"

Quick Reply: What Autozone Just Told Me