Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

What The F@(k?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you order your head unit from crutchfield or somewhere like that. they include a harness that loops the air bag signal.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Fail Less.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
never had an airbag light or any problem on the half dozen cobalts i have done installs on and never used any harness with a loop. just a basic GM harness.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss
ummmm. no
actualy the air bag does hace a sensor that goes into the radio harness.
the cobalt uses lan lines through the computer and other electronics i belive that the onstar is also ran through the radio for mute purpouses. belive me the first time i replaced the cd player i forgot to loop the air bag lines and i had a air bag light on.

the air bag wires are green in color and alls you have to do is splice them together. mines an 05 by the way.
So If I just splice the wires together, will everything stay the same? The performance shop I always go to are skeptical about removing the stock deck. Should I chance it?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Fail Less.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you dont have to worry about the stock deck. just do it you'll see there is nothing to worry about. i drove my 06 ls (work car) for an entire day with no head unit at all, nothing in the dash. and i didnt have one single thing happen.