Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

what is going on?!? lol

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is going on?!? lol

Hey guys.

Here's my set-up:

OEM MP3/CD headunit

7 speaker Pioneer sound system option

OEM amp

--

Pioneer 800 watt mono amp

2 Infinity 10's

sealed box

Here's how we went about doing this:

I have all of this in my car right now, installed. Me and a few friends installed the subs into the car. I already had them together, in the box, and the amp wired up from my previous car. So that part wasn't ghetto rigged. lol. We put the subs in the car, and wired it all up. I have a toggle switch instead of a remote wire to activate the Infinitys. I used the ghetto little 6x9 adapters for the subs. Everything is nestled into the trunk nice and cozy.

Here's the quandry:

Today, I was on my way to work. I noticed my bass was much louder today. Instead of a nice accompanyment, it was like a G-Unit video. I was surprised. I had to turn the bass boost down on my amp. When I look in the trunk, I noticed one of the wires the was supposed to be in the one 6x9 came out. So I plugged it back in, and suddenly all of my delicious bass was gone. It was just like before. Only from the one Pioneer sub, and a tiny bit from the Infinitys. So I took out the wire again, let it dangle, and was reintroduced to all 3 subs working well.

What's going on? Why does that one wire have to be out for me to apparently get good bass? I mean, it sounded good from just the Pioneer and a little from the Infinitys...but why have 3 subs if you can only use 1 of them? I'm thiking that since the OEM amp powers the Pionner 6x9's, that the subs might only be getting signal from the OEM amp instead of the 800 watt one. But I don't know. I'm pretty new to actually fine-tuning my system. Also, I actually have an aftermarket Pioneer MP3/CD player from my last car, still in the box. If I use that, will this solve any of my problems...AND will it sound any better? I know the deck made my last few cars sound amazing. I just don't want to have this little deck look stupid in that big space. Any pics of Cobalts with aftermarket units?

Please help!!!!!

Old 11-07-2005, 12:20 AM

I dun have pics but i got a pioneer premier head unit in my car and it makes everthing sound better.. o yea but i have a base cobalt to.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:39 AM

Everyone would always ask me in my Accord if it had a sound system. I said, "Nope...just a headunit, bitches!!". lol. Stock speakers are great in Hondas IMO. Well...at least these ones.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:40 AM

Yea because the aftermarket ones have so many settings you can do it's insane