Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Wiring my deck, got a problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring my deck, got a problem

Alright, so this weekend i took the time out to wire my new pioneer h/u to replace stock

was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram showing which wires acted for which functions...my deck works and everything, i just accidentaly wired the solid blue to the blue and white coming out of the deck, not a biggy i can fix that when i get home from work, also when i hooked my deck up everything worked fine, than couple seconds later my DIC cut out and the gas tank levels went down to 0...wtf would cause that?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:01 AM

i dont know ****!

Last edited by tombomb; 07-10-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tombomb
woah woah woah! any chevy 2002 and up has the deck wired into the ECU, you need a harness, you CANNOT wire strait, thats whats causeing the F'ups.. many people have had their airbags deploy because of this, so your best bet is to go to A&B, and get the 150 dollar harness, i know... its insanley expensive but 100 times safer, and 100 times easier, its just plug and play, it has all the color codes written on the back of the harness bag
No, you DON'T NEED the $150 harness!! How many times has this been hashed out here?? The $10 harness works just fine.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bandit2941
No, you DON'T NEED the $150 harness!! How many times has this been hashed out here?? The $10 harness works just fine.
lol..anyways...i bought the $10 harness, actually it was like $18, but anyway...still doesnt answer my question, anyway got a schematic or an idea of what those wires do?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:34 AM

woah woah woah! any chevy 2002 and up has the deck wired into the ECU, you need a harness, you CANNOT wire strait, thats whats causeing the F'ups.. many people have had their airbags deploy because of this, so your best bet is to go to A&B, and get the 150 dollar harness, i know... its insanley expensive but 100 times safer, and 100 times easier, its just plug and play, it has all the color codes written on the back of the harness bag
What is with idiots like this, you obviously have no idea about the cobalt so please refrain from posting again about this subject. You DONT need the expensive harness. Your DIC is not connect to the radio wiring so your problem is most likly somewhere else. Did you buy the wiring harness or did you cut and rewire everything?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:41 AM

cut and rewire...thats where i ahd the problem with the blue and whtie to blue, accidentaly got that mixed up
Old 07-10-2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Taro
What is with idiots like this, you obviously have no idea about the cobalt so please refrain from posting again about this subject. You DONT need the expensive harness. Your DIC is not connect to the radio wiring so your problem is most likly somewhere else. Did you buy the wiring harness or did you cut and rewire everything?
yo taro i edited my post for you, there is no discribing how sorry i am, i just hope you can find it in your heart to realize that you need to calm tha FACK down queerbait
by the way: "you obviously have no idea about the cobalt"??? "you obviously have no idea about the grammer"
so far is sweet!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:14 PM

yo taro i edited my post for you, there is no discribing how sorry i am, i just hope you can find it in your heart to realize that you need to calm tha FACK down queerbait
by the way: "you obviously have no idea about the cobalt"??? "you obviously have no idea about the grammer"
so far is sweet!
gettin a little off topic, anyone got any idea?..im gonna take a better look 2night after work
but ideas would help me out....i know ive gotta fix the blue and white and the black and white wires
Old 07-10-2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by NoleafClover
Alright, so this weekend i took the time out to wire my new pioneer h/u to replace stock

was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram showing which wires acted for which functions...my deck works and everything, i just accidentaly wired the solid blue to the blue and white coming out of the deck, not a biggy i can fix that when i get home from work, also when i hooked my deck up everything worked fine, than couple seconds later my DIC cut out and the gas tank levels went down to 0...wtf would cause that?

with that mixup u probably blew a fuse, check the fuse box under the hood, and theres also 1 on the passenger side of the radio console
Old 07-10-2006, 01:03 PM

so far is sweet!

Grammar?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:10 PM

so far is sweet!
My grammer seems fine to me, its yours that has a few issues. Sorry for biting of your, but so many people say this and cause people to waste their hard earned money on somthing they dont need.

Your problem is most likly a fuse, which was said above. If not that you should try reconnecting the wires back to the plug and by the GM harness that costs about 10 bucks and go that route.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:13 PM

well...i hooked the stock deck back in to see if it worked, and everythings fine...ive got DIC, gas tank levels and the speakers work just fine...so thats why i had assumed it was a prob with teh wiring i did
Old 07-10-2006, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by NoleafClover
well...i hooked the stock deck back in to see if it worked, and everythings fine...ive got DIC, gas tank levels and the speakers work just fine...so thats why i had assumed it was a prob with teh wiring i did
dude u get a wiring harness and plug it into the stock wiring....color for color but dont hook orange wires...hook all blues together..make it easy..the only thing u really have to do is run a new accesory wire...go to the fuse box find a fuse that turns off w/ the car..run a new wire from that fuse to the red wire and done.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:13 PM

Yeah i did all that...however...i get no sound out of my speakers, checked the stock wiring harness and they do not match up, some1 said that the way it looks almost seems as if its amplified somewhere, but that doesnt make sense because there should not be an amplifier...i will c if i can take pics of my issue
Old 07-10-2006, 10:27 PM

There's a seperate amp for the subs and component speakers hidden in the back if I'm not mistaken. *Search for the stock amp location* You'll probably have to re run wires to the locations for your aftermarket deck. Not sure on it though. What I had to wo wiht my T/A after I pulled the Monsoon system out.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 PM

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...&highlight=Amp
Old 07-11-2006, 09:53 AM

when adding just a deck to your stock system you have to tie in the remote line on the harness to the radio...this will turn on the amp in the car. you have the pionner set up or not? yet it should be the same with any car. check all your connections...wut are u using to connect all wires(tap,crimp connectors)?
Old 07-11-2006, 10:32 AM

I dont have the pioneer set up, and im using crimp connectors
Old 07-11-2006, 10:38 AM

you probably blew a fuse and sory for not getting you that diagram. i will post it tonight when i get home from work
Old 07-11-2006, 10:39 AM

Checked the fuse box, replaced one of em, there fine...and yeah that diagram would be awesome thx
Old 07-11-2006, 11:23 AM

that has to be wut it is...u touch any wires together while installing? if so u would of blown a fuse...is the radio turning on? if so check the fuse for amp if not radio....hope for the best
Old 07-11-2006, 12:19 PM

i think ive got the problem sorted out, im going to get a dif harness, just talked to a retailr who has the harness i need...and yeah i did blow a fuse, but than i replaced it and still nothing, but thats because the wires dont match up on the harness i had...i will let u know how it goes 2night..

also i just picked up some kylron fusion spray paint for the trim around my radio and what not, il post that to
Old 07-11-2006, 02:18 PM

What you probably did is connected a wire wrong. If you connect a the wrong wire to the wire that gives information to the radio it will take out the DIC. I forget which wire it is. But I remember when I was working with my harness I got something mixed up and that happened and I had to switch a wire around and then I had no problem. But thats what you did I'm positive. Just get a new harness and wire it that way dont try to cut and splice it.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 PM

Yeah thats what im doing....anyway....does anyone have or know where i could get a wiring diagram anyway? ive been looking but with limited success
Old 07-11-2006, 03:46 PM

If you look at the top of the audio forum you will so a topic that says pin outs. That should help you.

Quick Reply: Wiring my deck, got a problem