Featured Car Showcase Featured car submissions, voting, and showcasing.

My Custom 2005 Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
27th, your car is HOT. I'm not a fan of the 20's (i think). I think 18's are a good size for this car. But that paint is HAWT!
Old 09-01-2006, 03:44 PM

jbird nice ride , think everyone has his own opinion on different subjects why do we all have to like the same mods,,who cares if they say its ricy, , ithink its freakin bad ass and the second car i saw too... and how are those sprint springs so far are they bumpy.. and how loww did it drop the car....is it an ss/sc????
Old 09-02-2006, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by marzbarz
jbird nice ride , think everyone has his own opinion on different subjects why do we all have to like the same mods,,who cares if they say its ricy, , ithink its freakin bad ass and the second car i saw too... and how are those sprint springs so far are they bumpy.. and how loww did it drop the car....is it an ss/sc????
I have the Easystreet airride. It would be hard to get springs or even coilovers to give 9" of lift/drop. Also, it is an S/C. I agree w/ you. I hate when people say "rice" What does a tiny piece of white rice have to do w/ cars anyway? People that use the word rice just make themselves look stupid or jealous!
Old 09-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Banned

First and foremost,

Jbird, your car is sweet looking in person. Very clean and has quality touches on the finished custom work. I met you in person and we talked a while at Smedleys in Vandalia. I'm the one with the silver SS, projectors, lowered.
My only question is when are the rims coming? Rims can make or break a ride instantly so be careful what you choose. If I see you cruising, I'll honk.

2nd,
Let me say this. 27th Element. Your car is sweet no doubt about it. Custom paint enhancement with white pinstriping, air ride, custom drilled 20's etc... Very attractive to the eye. You get high props man. But...
I really don't think it's cool to jack someone elses post when the topic is on that persons car. It would be a whole lot better for you, and the other person if you just started your own thread about your own car. Besides that, your car is nice man.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:00 AM
MaJ

Originally Posted by The 27th element
I have the Easystreet airride. It would be hard to get springs or even coilovers to give 9" of lift/drop. Also, it is an S/C. I agree w/ you. I hate when people say "rice" What does a tiny piece of white rice have to do w/ cars anyway? People that use the word rice just make themselves look stupid or jealous!
Rice is a racial term. Anyone who uses it is a racist, and there is no denying that. Rice became a term here in NA to insult Asians who tried doing up their cars. It was the uptight muscle car fanboys that were making fun of these imported Hotwheels look-a-likes.

So yeah.. Rice became a term based on racial discrimination.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=The 27th element]Does my car get a bag of that to shortbus?

I love the look very much! I plan on going 2 - tone as well once I pick out body kit components.

The only thing I would change on yours is the stock antenna. All it needs IMO is a 6 - 9" shorty antenna. The stock antenna is just too freakin long.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:21 AM

hey

people dont flame because its a beautiful car just because it has a vinyl and a body kit dont make it rice hes done some really nice things to this car to make it custom!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by 06CobaltssOrange
people dont flame because its a beautiful car just because it has a vinyl and a body kit dont make it rice hes done some really nice things to this car to make it custom!
Some of us like beating on cars. Some of us like to show them off. If someone says your show off car is rice hes not jealous. He just dosent understand how you could have fun in a car with so much money invested in it for no reason other than to look good.

Cars look nice none the less. Props guys.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:07 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I personally like this car a lot. Both of the cars posted here. In my opinion they aren't 'rice' in the least. I'm not a fan of the Drifter 2 Body Kit, but I think this car makes it look VERY nice. I think he has a pretty complete car. The engine mods, as well as a nice body to go with it. A bit of show and go in my opinion. And the other Cobalt looks nice to, has a clean look about it. To both posters great job and keep up the good work. I can't wait to start on my Yellow SS.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
I really must say that those crator size wholes in the front are totally not appealing, to me, and the lambo doors do nothing for me either. As already asked was anything done for performance and a couple of bolt ons is not what I mean. I am going to do major performance mods but very little exterior because a car like this with next to no performance mods screams rice in my ears.
His car looks better then yours =P

beautiful car man , love it!
Old 09-10-2006, 01:00 AM

I dont think rice is racist against asians who do their cars up. I use the term to stand for anyone who takes an imported car (which 90% are from asia IE rice) and puts stupid **** on it to look "cool" but won't go fast. It deals with a lot of crap put on cars to make them look way overdone rather than simple and pleasant. There's a difference between a nicely decorated house on christmas and the ones with a MILLION things that light up in the front yard.

That being said, the OP, I'm not really a fan. I I'm sorry. To the dude who added his car into the thread, i really like the paint scheme, it looks really cute with the 2 color and the pin stripe.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:15 AM

Way to revive a dead ass thread.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:07 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by CloudyDaysBehind
I dont think rice is racist against asians who do their cars up. I use the term to stand for anyone who takes an imported car (which 90% are from asia IE rice) and puts stupid **** on it to look "cool" but won't go fast. It deals with a lot of crap put on cars to make them look way overdone rather than simple and pleasant. There's a difference between a nicely decorated house on christmas and the ones with a MILLION things that light up in the front yard.

That being said, the OP, I'm not really a fan. I I'm sorry. To the dude who added his car into the thread, i really like the paint scheme, it looks really cute with the 2 color and the pin stripe.

I think that sort of groups in show cars as well. At HIN: Nightshift in chicago I saw an SRT-4 that had lambo doors, speakers and neons and flashing lights everywhere, but it looked nice. His license plate read 'all show', so I take he had no performance mods. I also never looked under the hood, but I think that all in all, its just a preference. Some people like show a little bit more than go. I don't see a problem with it myself. Some people like sleepers, which is also nice. I like both a lot.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:55 PM

Dude, i swear i saw this car in troy yesterday
Old 09-10-2006, 10:03 PM

man ignore the haters that are callin your **** rice!! it looks awesome!!