Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

procharger 2.2 option maybe??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJHK
Why would you do something like that?

It's called changing your turbocharger...

You should be able to find a large enough turbocharger to support the power you're aiming for and still be internal wastegated (assuming you are) even though if I were you, I'd switch to a external wastegate setup.

This is of course something you should have thought about even doing before you got your kit installed and probably even told them in the first place to save in headache of switching to something else. Now you're going to spend even more money to reach a goal that you should have aimed for from the beginning or a setup that was capable of reaching it (for sure).

EDIT: I can't imagine that you don't THAT much space or you could do some type of change to fit a slightly larger turbocharger behind your engine.

There is always the Hammer Modification...beat the **** out of the firewall! lol

Yeah, the issue i was thinking of going to a procharger would be space. I do have about an inch off my turbo to the firewall, so im sure i could fit another turbo in there. I would love to see some more prochargers out there though. they are pretty sick units. But yeah, im most likely going to upgrade my turbo if it doesnt get me to 350whp.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
Yeah, the issue i was thinking of going to a procharger would be space. I do have about an inch off my turbo to the firewall, so im sure i could fit another turbo in there. I would love to see some more prochargers out there though. they are pretty sick units. But yeah, im most likely going to upgrade my turbo if it doesnt get me to 350whp.
That sounds like a better and more cost effective way to get there. Def do that.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:07 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Matty
Just curious but for how much?
I think he wanted like $3,000 thats with piping, intercooler, custom radiator, custom stainless steel header (burns collectors) 3" crossover pipe, 3" o2 housing and down pipe..
put down 1200 hp on his 347... woot!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
That sounds like a better and more cost effective way to get there. Def do that.
Ill be getting all the parts i need here on my next paycheck, i should have my tax return by then too. ill be startin a thread on it when i get the parts in.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned

what types of prochargers are there? C1 and C2 i keep hearing. differences?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
Ill be getting all the parts i need here on my next paycheck, i should have my tax return by then too. ill be startin a thread on it when i get the parts in.
Do you have the motor built up yet?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Delta2.2
what types of prochargers are there? C1 and C2 i keep hearing. differences?
wow so um... yeah.
http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml
Old 03-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bc3tech
ok thats awsome thanks bro. so C-1 will be fine for what the hp ratings are.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:23 PM

Sorry for lacking and Halfcent i will keep it chill....

yes a C-1 will be fine...and someone said F-1R damn 5psi would blow a 2.2L apart if you could even spin the blower! lol also i do have a car here locally but for fabrications not for testing the customer does not have the money for a kit but said i can use his car to design the kit...should take maybe a day or 2 most...

what questions do you have i will post anything i know or i can do to help...tuning can be done via SMT-6 i have worked with Alpine on this and everything is a go just need to get ahold of the guy here locally and now that the weather is nice i can do this...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Banned

how much hp is est. from ur stage kits? like 220 whp??
Old 03-08-2007, 01:08 AM

Delta2.2...i believe 220whp can be achieved with proper tuning and mods like exhaust and smt-6 tuning...also my concern is not about the boost or the numbers it make it is more about how much beating with you be doing to the car...LOL Bc3tech will tell you there is not 1 day he does not do a WOT pull going to work or going home...etc that being said my concern is about the tranny...etc i know Duane is beating his up with no problems so the goal would be a conservative 10psi right around 200+ hp then if we want more power we can lower the pulley from the 3.45 (huge pulley) to a 3.25 or 2.95 pulley like bc3tech has but not yet installed...then we can see some good numbers...pm me your number and i will give you a call...

Thanks Kevin

Originally Posted by mezzanno
Yeah i am sorry if I came off like a dick. It's nothing personal against you. I just don't want people to be misinformed about what things are capable of. The first part of your statement was true that supercharger can never make the same power as a turbo of equivalent size, and cfm capability like 06blackg85ss stated earlier. Although either one can achieve power levels that are too much for the street.

D1 layin around hmmm. might be perfect to take my vette to insanity.

yeah A and A (andy) has a sick kit for the vettes...i assume you are on corvetteforums

yeah was going to go z06 or my buddies 95 vette (timmy) sick ride, but a C6 Z06 is looking good to me....

Last edited by Speed Mafia; 03-08-2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-08-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
I think he wanted like $3,000 thats with piping, intercooler, custom radiator, custom stainless steel header (burns collectors) 3" crossover pipe, 3" o2 housing and down pipe..
put down 1200 hp on his 347... woot!
Makes me want to ditch the Vortech and put them in. I am willing to bet my 383 would like a pair of turbo's.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Speed Mafia
Sorry for lacking and Halfcent i will keep it chill....

yes a C-1 will be fine...and someone said F-1R damn 5psi would blow a 2.2L apart if you could even spin the blower! lol also i do have a car here locally but for fabrications not for testing the customer does not have the money for a kit but said i can use his car to design the kit...should take maybe a day or 2 most...

what questions do you have i will post anything i know or i can do to help...tuning can be done via SMT-6 i have worked with Alpine on this and everything is a go just need to get ahold of the guy here locally and now that the weather is nice i can do this...
it was me who said F1R just to prove a point. But if an F1R was able to be pullied down to the point where it was only producing 5psi of boost on an otherwise stock 2.2 engine it would make no more power than a C-1 at 5 psi and it would not put anymore stress on the engine as opposed to the C-1. Airflow is what you have to look at. Like you said though the engine couldn't even spin the blower.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by mezzanno
it was me who said F1R just to prove a point. But if an F1R was able to be pullied down to the point where it was only producing 5psi of boost on an otherwise stock 2.2 engine it would make no more power than a C-1 at 5 psi and it would not put anymore stress on the engine as opposed to the C-1. Airflow is what you have to look at. Like you said though the engine couldn't even spin the blower.
YEP very true ^^^^^

That is why i refer customers to the C-1 head unit, spins very easy, and can pack a punch and can spin up to 70,000+ RPM...on a huge 3.45" pulley making 10psi all day long, with no issues and the cost of the C-1 is very cheap for a procharger head unit...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:33 PM

How much does a C1 cost? And do you think th C2 would be better on the 2.4's over the C1
Old 03-16-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by REDFOCZ
How much does a C1 cost? And do you think th C2 would be better on the 2.4's over the C1
its about 2100 for the c1/c2 you could use the c2 because the 2.4 meets the N/A requirements to spin the procharger but the c1 will do plenty i would think
Old 03-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 06_ion2
its about 2100 for the c1/c2 you could use the c2 because the 2.4 meets the N/A requirements to spin the procharger but the c1 will do plenty i would think
C-1 will be more then enough also i am working with BC3 Tech to do a 5rib to 8rib swap on the 2.2L more grip on the pulley
Old 03-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

The C1 Procharger (What BC3Tech is running), if I remember correctly is a intercooled system and is running about 10psi.

Im not sure specificaly on how much hp hes running, and even if theres the famous whine that many people look for in a supercharger.

Ive always recommended, if you have the money, and you want the whine....but you love the boost of a turbo.. Buy a small centrifugal Supercharger for the whine...then do a twincharge kit (Turbo & Supercharger).

Is it doable? yes. Is it feasable? No.

Personaly, a Supercharged Whipple/Eaton/Kenne Belle 2.2 or 2.4L cobalt isnt far off. Me and TurboBlackBalt(Now: AMG Passion) will be working on some kits for the cobalt (Whipple/Kenne Belle) as well as a better turbo kit.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by bc3tech
Originally Posted by ?????
bc3tech
1. how much HP you putting down now?
2. before you were on a bad tune and were almost at red line territory ...
3. so really i should be good on my internals for whatever I do until i hit 400 HP?
4. now i should just throw in some 32s-60s?..
5. should i throw in 60s just for the future so it's less i have to buy or what?
6. then again that depends on what kind of induction I'm going for does it?
7. turbo or SC I've been emailing every reputable company for forced induction i could find.

maybe I can get a group buy for the 2.4 if something is good enough...
1. last dyno showed 188whp w/ still a crappy tune. that's a 53% increase over my stock dyno tho so still not bad. i'm pushing 10psi tho so i shoul be at 210-215whp range.
2. well i was hoping for redline territory, not there yet
3. i'd say once you get near 300 crank you should go w/ at least some new pistons. rods maybe around 350-375 crank
4. only if you want to tune for them, so if you are going to get HPTuners, then no reason not to upgrade the injectors so you have 'em ready to go when you go f/i
5. 60s are really unneeded, i still don't know why some of the redline guys are using them when the time attack cobalt put down over 300whp and had 42#s in it...
6. not really, it's all about how much air you're flowing and how much more fuel you'll need for that air to keep a good ratio and whether or not the injectors can deliver that fuel. **** i'm on my stock (24#) injectors and can keep up w/ 10psi boost because i up the fuel pressure, i dont' change the IDC but that's not nearly as precise of a way of doing things, which is why my tune sucks and my whp is sub-par right now
7. how about speed mafia, they're looking to get in on some 2.4's with a procharger and turbo kit, and Hahn's still working on a turbo kit for the 2.4's.
tooken from a diffrent site hope he doesnt mind
Old 03-20-2007, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by TCarter
The C1 Procharger (What BC3Tech is running), if I remember correctly is a intercooled system and is running about 10psi.

Im not sure specificaly on how much hp hes running, and even if theres the famous whine that many people look for in a supercharger.

Ive always recommended, if you have the money, and you want the whine....but you love the boost of a turbo.. Buy a small centrifugal Supercharger for the whine...then do a twincharge kit (Turbo & Supercharger).

Is it doable? yes. Is it feasable? No.

Personaly, a Supercharged Whipple/Eaton/Kenne Belle 2.2 or 2.4L cobalt isnt far off. Me and TurboBlackBalt(Now: AMG Passion) will be working on some kits for the cobalt (Whipple/Kenne Belle) as well as a better turbo kit.
Also guys, TNT and i have worked with each other in the past and when the kit is designed and finished TNT will be offering the kit exclusively and i am working directly with procharger and GM HighTech Mag and see if we can get a feature article...so these are in the works for 2007 So i will keep you guys posted or TNT will... and the kit will include injector upgrade and tuning

Thanks Kevin...