General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

'08 LNF Cobalt SS/TC Links

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 LNF Cobalt SS/TC Links

I decided to put together links to the threads that I think have the most useful information on a possible '08 LNF 'Balt. The flame wars that these posts always start show that everyone does not have the same information.

I believe these two have the most useful info at this time:

08 Balt Turbo'd in my parts catalog?
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...&highlight=lnf

GM insider forum post started about 2 months ago
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51752

I urge those that want to jump in here and flame to read each thread to the end.

I'm not starting another war and frankly don't care whether anyone else believes this car will/won't happen or when.
I'm posting these links so that those intelligent people who plan ahead can get some info that they may not have seen before, and make their own decision.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 PM

I Love You Right Now
Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 PM

dude there is no 08 turbo balt, just like santa clause isnt real, open your eyes.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Banned

If the turbo 08 Cobalt SS was going to happen, I'm sure GM would have said something about it. Instead they're being morons and sticking in the rainbow warrior hhr.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
dude there is no 08 turbo balt, just like santa clause isnt real, open your eyes.
Santa isn't real? But my mom and dad always said he was.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Banned

then how come santa keeps giving me gifts at christmas??? explain that meany lol
Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 PM

The SS/SC won't even be in production for much longer.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:58 PM

psssh next thing your going to tell me, is the easter bunny isnt real....

Doubtful for 08 lol they would have said something, but maybe 09, maybe they will push it up to a v6 or something. Any previous GM cars ever come stock Turbo'd ?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WunSick
Any previous GM cars ever come stock Turbo'd ?
To name a few:

Buick Grand National, T-type, and GNX
Pontaic Trans Am's in the late 70s, GTAs, some Grand Prixs
GMC Typhoon and Syclone
Not to mention the Duramax
Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by WunSick
psssh next thing your going to tell me, is the easter bunny isnt real....

Doubtful for 08 lol they would have said something, but maybe 09, maybe they will push it up to a v6 or something. Any previous GM cars ever come stock Turbo'd ?

Buick GN, GNX
TransAm/Firebird
Sunbird
GMC Typhoon
GMC Syclone

edit~i am SLOOOOOOOOW
Old 09-03-2007, 12:47 AM

dude there is no 08 turbo balt
Hey, just show us what proof you have. That's all I care about, proof, facts. That is all that matters.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by DrPuttsSS/SC
Hey, just show us what proof you have. That's all I care about, proof, facts. That is all that matters.
It will be an 09 model coming out in 08.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Banned

Believe it when i see it. Why wouldn't they announce it if it was going to be available?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:26 AM

ok how about every major car magazine confirming the only sport model in 08 is the 2.4.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Banned

It's not coming out guys. You're getting your hopes up for nothing.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:54 AM

ok how about every major car magazine confirming the only sport model in 08 is the 2.4.
They printed the information that GM had released at that time. GM has not released any more info on the Cobalt since. GM hasn't said a word about a SS/TC and I never said they did.

I started this thread to point to information that people could read and use to make their own decisions. I didn't start this to begin another argument, there are plenty of those already.

I made a mistake, I shouldn't have responded to anyone here. The last two lines of my original post explain things pretty well, I think.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:04 AM

They printed the information that GM had released at that time. GM has not released any more info on the Cobalt since. GM hasn't said a word about a SS/TC and I never said they did.

I started this thread to point to information that people could read and use to make their own decisions. I didn't start this to begin another argument, there are plenty of those already.

I made a mistake, I shouldn't have responded to anyone here. The last two lines of my original post explain things pretty well, I think.
they printed the information GM released BECAUSE THAT IS THE TRUTH. the reason they didnt release anymore is BECAUSE THEY ALREADY RELEASED ALL OF IT. gm hasnt said anything else about an 08 turbo balt BECUASE THERE IS NO SUCH THING.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Banned

If it was true there would be bettery spy phots out there than one that shows some different wheels. There were lots of photos floating around this time last year for the HHR ss that actually showed signs that it was a turbo. Go look at the 08 Cobalt brochures, is there a SS/TC listed? No.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:25 AM

they printed the information GM released BECAUSE THAT IS THE TRUTH. the reason they didnt release anymore is BECAUSE THEY ALREADY RELEASED ALL OF IT. gm hasnt said anything else about an 08 turbo balt BECUASE THERE IS NO SUCH THING.
Geez man, relax, it seems like you are gettin' pissed off or something. Just chill.

Your opinion means nothing to me and mine means nothing to you. Does that really matter to anyone? Opinions are just like ********, everyone has one and they all stink! That's why I'm only interested in facts.

You're right, GM and the magazines haven't said anything about a SS/TC. Someday they might, or they might not. I'm not trying to predict the future, only idiots do that.

I never said that I believe the car will appear. My sig line says I am waiting to buy one and I am. And if it doesn't come out I will be disappointed and will have to get something else. I'm ok with that, there are a lot of cars out there that I like just as well. But since some people seem to believe that there is a chance we will see a LNF SS/TC, for now I am willing to wait. If they do make that car it will be amazing, and I really hope they do it.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:53 AM

AGAIN its going to be an 09 model. If I am wrong I will leave the site for good, thats how sure I am.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:27 AM

I'm just sitting here chuckling because this reminds me of a UFO thread. Is there evidence that Aliens have visited the earth? Most people say yes. Is there any concrete evidence that Aliens have never visited the earth? No. How could you prove that?

Look at the two links I posted above. Don't cheat, read every word of every page. Is there evidence that there will be a '08 LNF Cobalt? Yes! You can't ignore that parts book, those pages are clips, not hand written, and they show parts for a LNF engine in a Cobalt in '08. Then read toward the end of the thread when I asked the parts guy if he has ever seen GM put out a parts book for a car that wasn't built, and he said NO. He's on the inside and he is telling me that the car will be a reality in '08.

Has any manufacturer ever introduced a new model mid-year? Of course they have, everyone has heard of them because they all do it. They need more than only one shot a year to be able to bring out something new.

All the magazines and the current '08 brochures don't show a LNF version because that is all the info they had at that time. Does that mean that GM has to live by that brochure until the '09s come out? No, brochures change all the time. Is that "special edition" listed in the brochure yet?

I don't know why GM hasn't announced the car yet because I am not GM, and I can't read their minds. But I do know enough about marketing that I can think of at least one reason why they might not want to announce it yet:
There are still new '07 SS/SC cars on the lots. If you were set to buy a new car and the maker announced an improved model with much more power for about the same money, what would you do? Would you buy the '07 when you knew that by waiting a little while you could get one that will absolutely blow yours into the weeds? I know some of us like the whine of the SC, but once the LNF was announced (if it is) most of those SS/SCs would have to be deeply discounted, and GM doesn't like to do that.
If there were an HHR SS sitting next to a Cobalt SS/TC, which would you buy? I know we're all 'balt people here but isn't there a chance that some of the HHR people might wait to see the Cobalt if GM announced it? Is it possible that knowledge of the 'balt might make some HHR buyers wait to give GM their money? I know they are different cars and I don't think a lot of people will switch, but does GM want to do anything to possibly hurt sales of the HHR?
So what would GM gain by announcing a '08.5 SS/TC now? Not one damn thing.

Finally, all of the development work has been done just by fitting this engine into the HHR. The HHR got the press, all the attention. There have been no secret rumors of this car because it took maybe a week to fit a LNF into a 'balt. They may have had to redesign a few of the parts because of the different engine compartment, but that was nothing. This project didn't merit any attention because it was a non-issue.
There haven't been any fuzzy Motor Trend shots of a SS/TC with cloth covering the body because they didn't have to change the body!

So I don't care what the magazines or brochures say, I only care about what GM hasn't said, which is whether or not they will build a SS/TC. The only proof I will accept is a statement from them saying yes or no.

Is there any evidence that GM will build a '08 SS/TC? Is there any proof that GM will not build a '08 SS/TC?

Can you prove that those weren't Aliens???

Last edited by DrPuttsSS/SC; 09-03-2007 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:47 PM

lmao, ive decided im goign to stop posting in here and just sit back and laugh like everyone else
Old 09-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned

I don't see why everyone is so worried about an LNF Cobalt for anyway. The aftermarket for the LNF sucks right now.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:31 PM

the Cobalt SS has taken a year's hiatus until the end of 2008, which is when they release the 2009s

but even thats still a shot in the dark

but gm did state they were working on the next generation of cobalt SS
Old 09-03-2007, 01:52 PM

There will be a future high performance version of the Balt. (As stated in Sept 07 Motor Trend "08-09 New model cars"pg. 114 Drivers Choice) Weather it's the redesign or not, I'm not sure.
I would like to think and hope that it is with it being an 09'.
But I do agree with this, when announced it will be introduced as an 09' model released in the second half of 08'.
The way things are going right now It just makes sense this way.

Quick Reply: '08 LNF Cobalt SS/TC Links