General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

From 18-23 and not really going anywhere in life ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From 18-23 and not really going anywhere in life ?

Come to UTI with me!!! I start class nov. 6. I need a room mate. Im going to the orlando campus. I think it would be cool! We can work on our cobalts together....
Old 09-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Get low

Originally Posted by badboylb32
Come to UTI with me!!! I start class nov. 6. I need a room mate. Im going to the orlando campus. I think it would be cool! We can work on our cobalts together....
Youll like uti ive been going to the illinois campus since july
Old 09-04-2006, 10:52 PM

my boyfriend was thinking about going to wyotech any one have any opinions on that as a school and what are yens taking up at uti??
Old 09-04-2006, 11:17 PM

Is it just me or do you sound like an infomercial! Haha
Old 09-04-2006, 11:19 PM

lol boossted
Old 09-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Urinary Track Infection? thanks, but no thankss
Old 09-04-2006, 11:22 PM

i start school oct 4th for criminal justice..............good luck guys
Old 09-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Get low

Originally Posted by brandisnez
my boyfriend was thinking about going to wyotech any one have any opinions on that as a school and what are yens taking up at uti??
well wyotech is 4 year with other classes besides auto..... UTI takes 1 year for the same info and its automotive all day no math, english or that bs... no home work and they find you jobs
Old 09-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
then wyotech is a degree & uti is a certificate right? b/c you cant get a degree w/ general eduacation classes
Old 09-04-2006, 11:32 PM

I was suppose to go to NADC but backed out and ended up making more than my buddy that went!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by REIGNftSOLDIER
Urinary Track Infection? thanks, but no thankss
HA!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:55 PM

Wyotech isnt easy to get into like UTI. those guys do some amazing work. With a degree from Wyotech, you will find a better job like 500x quicker. They have worked with this guy that has a shop like 10 minutes from me. They were on overhaulin and redid this 68 Camaro for the blonde guy off of Beverly Hills, 90210. If he can get in.... GO THERE!!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:45 PM

yea wyotech isnt too far away where as uti i think is in huston and other areas which is super far away from us
Old 09-06-2006, 12:48 AM

my brother was going to go to UTI back in 96... he decided to get practical experience and started working at a garage... he's now a GM Mastertech.

****, try being 33 and going nowhere in life... it's an education

Scott
Old 09-06-2006, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Adirondack_Cobalt
****, try being 33 and going nowhere in life... it's an education

Well, I'm 26 with a technical-school background, and have realized that I hate my field after about 4 weeks of actually doing it...
Old 09-06-2006, 06:37 PM

I have been thinking about attending UTI in Houston since I live here but I'm not sure since I've alread put 3 semesters into college hours.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:56 PM

I graduated uti houston about 2 years ago, i also took ford fact which is the ford specific program and decided i would never work on ford in my life so after that i went to volvo safe in chicago which is volvo's specific program. now i work on volvos, ford bought volvo in other words i work on fords now. but anyway if you want to fix cars these technical schools are the way to go, but if you want build fast cars its not gonna be easy from a technical school. and starting out expect to make at most 40k a year until you get ase's and experience. i only kno 1 tech that makes 6 digits and thats cause hes my shop foreman and has been workin on volvos for 30 years.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:53 AM

i mean if their worth going to and what you wanna do its worth it like the schools are both good??
Old 09-07-2006, 02:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i mean if their worth going to and what you wanna do its worth it like the schools are both good??

it's a good paying job and it's one of those "can almost always find work" kinda things... but don't expect to be rich.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by BlueThunder2006
Well, I'm 26 with a technical-school background, and have realized that I hate my field after about 4 weeks of actually doing it...
I graduated high school at 17, had a $25k scholarship to a snooty ivy league ******* factory school in the mid-hudson valley of NY. Went for a year and dropped out. Did a semester at a community college here in the adirondacks. Dropped out after getting into a fist fight with an instructor. Worked with mentally handicapped adults. Hated it and quit. Bummed around for a year and then went to a tech school (ever hear of the Job Corps program). Got my diploma to be Mr. Goodwrench, but found being a mechanic in the northeast sucked ***** and bounced around for another year, working for a municipality as a low-paid hunyak. Got a job in a injection molding factory, bounced to a tile factory, back to injection molding, bounced to an extrusion molding factory, back to the injection molding place, got laid off... started working with kids, moved to tennessee and worked in an instrument panel factory making dashboards for Chevy Ventures and Olds Silhouettes. Moved back to NY and went to work for a college in Vermont. Quit after a week. Went to work as a tech support operator for a small outdoor power equipment company. Quit after two years. Went back to working with kids for two years. Contract ended. Worked as a QC in another plastic factory, quit. Worked at a home depot for two weeks. Quit. Worked at a Bond Auto Parts store for three months. Quit. Went back to working with kids. Quit that after 5 days and now work in a paper mill as a lab technician...

i just can't settle the **** down anywhere... drives me nuts. Already I am looking for another gig and I've only been at this job for a little less than a year...

Scott
Old 09-07-2006, 04:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Adirondack_Cobalt
I graduated high school at 17, had a $25k scholarship to a snooty ivy league ******* factory school in the mid-hudson valley of NY. Went for a year and dropped out. Did a semester at a community college here in the adirondacks. Dropped out after getting into a fist fight with an instructor. Worked with mentally handicapped adults. Hated it and quit. Bummed around for a year and then went to a tech school (ever hear of the Job Corps program). Got my diploma to be Mr. Goodwrench, but found being a mechanic in the northeast sucked ***** and bounced around for another year, working for a municipality as a low-paid hunyak. Got a job in a injection molding factory, bounced to a tile factory, back to injection molding, bounced to an extrusion molding factory, back to the injection molding place, got laid off... started working with kids, moved to tennessee and worked in an instrument panel factory making dashboards for Chevy Ventures and Olds Silhouettes. Moved back to NY and went to work for a college in Vermont. Quit after a week. Went to work as a tech support operator for a small outdoor power equipment company. Quit after two years. Went back to working with kids for two years. Contract ended. Worked as a QC in another plastic factory, quit. Worked at a home depot for two weeks. Quit. Worked at a Bond Auto Parts store for three months. Quit. Went back to working with kids. Quit that after 5 days and now work in a paper mill as a lab technician...

i just can't settle the **** down anywhere... drives me nuts. Already I am looking for another gig and I've only been at this job for a little less than a year...

Scott
profession ADHD at its finest
Old 09-07-2006, 04:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We can work on our cobalts together....

that part right there sounds kinda.... uhhh..... man-man love by itself.
buuuuut,, have fun in orlando. come down to the tampa scene
Old 09-07-2006, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
that part right there sounds kinda.... uhhh..... man-man love by itself.
buuuuut,, have fun in orlando. come down to the tampa scene
there used to be this group down there called Tampa Racing or something like that..,. they had great video clips on 'streetracing.com' or 'streetracing.net', something like that a couple of years ago...

And, yes, i just get bored with my job and need to move on... it's hard to leave this job I have now because it pays pretty sweet.

Scott
Old 09-07-2006, 05:27 AM

uti blows i go to the exton campus im about to graduate
Old 09-07-2006, 09:00 AM

I went to school for HVAC (heating and A/C) and actually liked it while I was in school. I graduated LAST March and just found a job in the field about 4 weeks ago. Having done it for 4 weeks, my verdict is that it SUCKS. I get to drive around in a POS work-van all day, and my work environment includes such fun places as: damp, moldy basements; hot, humid attics; houses that smell like **** (animal and human); and even filthy, smelly steel mills. I work with a bunch of rednecks who talk about nothing but bowhunting and NASCAR every day. I'm out in the rain (soon to be snow), and come home with dirt all over me every day...

Long story short, I've had enough and am actually taking today off to look for something else. I've decided I'm through with working outside and getting filthy; I'm going to look for an indoor job, preferably in an office of some sort. I'll more-than-likely end up taking classes at the community college. Whatever it takes to get away from this BS, I'll gladly do it.

Quick Reply: From 18-23 and not really going anywhere in life ?