General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

About to buy a 09 Cobalt SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine was 23,000 out the door but then again i was one of the first ones to own a cobalt ss/tc and am very impatient
Old 11-11-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Poppn
Good news, I didn't get the white one! The car didn't drive right, sunroof leaked air, needed an alignment and had all sorts of rattles....plus someone smoked in it at one point(the cig lighter was used). Went down the street with a couple friends to the first SS I was looking at. Victory red, high rise, g85, but no RPD. Got a decent deal on it, 23,500$ out the door brand new 44miles. Definitely loving the car, glad I didn't get into the white one
for brand new its not too bad for 23.5k but value drops down on these cars rediculously fast, got mine 08 loaded w/g85 with 150 miles (not thousands) for 17.5. I think if you would do some more window shopping you could've found a better deal, after all I didnt buy locally, I had it shipped from ohio, Pat O'briens chevrolet,but it was worth it.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:44 AM

You guys didn't read....23.5 OUT THE DOOR. That includes dealer fees, doc fees, registration and tax.

God damn.
Who cares

I paid like 16,600 OTD with 7K miles.

Is having 6,966 miles less really worth spending an extra 7 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Cause with that logic the car will be worthless after 24K miles. Do you see my point? You paid an extra thousand dollars per thousand miles the car didn't have, Is that really worth it???????

NO

A) It has a warranty and if anything goes wrong take it in. Drive the car for 3K miles and if anything goes wrong, warranty

b) Even if the car was ragged out and modded and did blow your motor , building a forged motor will cost way less than 7K and you will have a FORGED MOTOR.

Great forum I joined. Thanks for the help guys.

No wonder I never wanted to be part of the "tuner" community. Good thing I still have my LS1 camaro.
Yeah and the people on LS1 Tech would have told you the same thing and same with the people on LS1 GTO. Don't be upset we think you got a raw deal on your Cobalt purchase.

Could have told them, you let if go for 16,500 Ill buy it today.VVV

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ategory=116476

16,500 would have walked with this one.

http://dealers.autouplinkusa.com/v/?...&DealerID=7865

Last edited by Spins All Day; 11-12-2009 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2009, 03:12 AM

damn everyone is a bunch of ass holes who cares what he paid for it its his car he likes it and that is all that matters. nice car i hope yo uhave fun with it and **** all the haters
Old 11-12-2009, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Spins All Day
Who cares

I paid like 16,600 OTD with 7K miles.

Is having 6,966 miles less really worth spending an extra 7 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Cause with that logic the car will be worthless after 24K miles. Do you see my point? You paid an extra thousand dollars per thousand miles the car didn't have, Is that really worth it???????

NO

A) It has a warranty and if anything goes wrong take it in. Drive the car for 3K miles and if anything goes wrong, warranty

b) Even if the car was ragged out and modded and did blow your motor , building a forged motor will cost way less than 7K and you will have a FORGED MOTOR.

Yeah and the people on LS1 Tech would have told you the same thing and same with the people on LS1 GTO. Don't be upset we think you got a raw deal on your Cobalt purchase.

Could have told them, you let if go for 16,500 Ill buy it today.VVV

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ategory=116476

16,500 would have walked with this one.

http://dealers.autouplinkusa.com/v/?...&DealerID=7865

Sometimes its just nice to be the first person to own the car. Simple as that.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Premium Member

Is this the community I just joined?
Css is full of E-thug wannabe's - Internet toughguy's - Know it all's...but don't - know it all's ....but really do - Trailblazers - and their leg humpers . People who want to help .....

You just have to over look the bad and look for the good here lol.

The RPD is available as an add on if you want to do a little wiring . I'll see if I can find the how too for ya . Congrats on the new car ......they are a blast with a tune .

5hizn1t did a great write up on how to splice in an RPD .......
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...&highlight=RPD

Last edited by rukkee; 11-12-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackSS
I didnt buy locally, I had it shipped from ohio, Pat O'briens chevrolet,but it was worth it.
That place is ten minutes away from me.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by CordiaDOHC
Sometimes its just nice to be the first person to own the car. Simple as that.

Exactly. I wanted a brand NEW. Something no one has owned before. I've owned at least 4 used cars before this, and everytime I ask myself, "I wonder what this car has been through...". Driving off the lot with 44 miles on the odo, I pretty much know what this car will be through until the day I sell it.

Yes, it was worth it to me.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Glad you love the car. I love the white, but I don't blame you for backing out. 12k is a lot of demo miles.
My last car was a Crossfire that was a chrysler executive car and had 3k miles. I could tell that it had been driven mostly by women because behind the door handle were a ton of fingernail scratches haha
Old 11-12-2009, 05:14 PM

Exactly. I wanted a brand NEW. Something no one has owned before. I've owned at least 4 used cars before this, and everytime I ask myself, "I wonder what this car has been through...". Driving off the lot with 44 miles on the odo, I pretty much know what this car will be through until the day I sell it.

Yes, it was worth it to me.
Im the same way. I wondered if my 2.4 had been driven hard. But when I found a strawberry vanilla breakfast bar under the spare tire I knew it hadnt been.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:33 PM

You come on here asking for advice and then when you don't like the advice you get pissed.
We don't need people like that on here.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by JL-KA
You come on here asking for advice and then when you don't like the advice you get pissed.
We don't need people like that on here.
I asked for advice. I took it, I didn't buy the white demo car. Instead I went the way I originally wanted to and bought one brand spanking new; no demo, no owners, just me and the many thousand miles ahead.

What the **** is up with all these e-thug sons of bitches around here? Christ.

Originally Posted by rukkee
Css is full of E-thug wannabe's - Internet toughguy's - Know it all's...but don't - know it all's ....but really do - Trailblazers - and their leg humpers . People who want to help .....

You just have to over look the bad and look for the good here lol.

The RPD is available as an add on if you want to do a little wiring . I'll see if I can find the how too for ya . Congrats on the new car ......they are a blast with a tune .

5hizn1t did a great write up on how to splice in an RPD .......
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...&highlight=RPD
thanks for the link. I plan on doing this sometime next year

Last edited by Poppn; 11-12-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

Is this the community I just joined?
Sure is!
Welcome to the 2nd most retarded forum on the planet.

I'd pay to see anyone get a much better deal than you got. The car was sold to you for $21,500 brand new. Anyone saying much less than that is flat out lying.

Cmon' naysayers, lets see your sales slips, scan em up!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:53 PM

2nd? gosh dammit we have to get it to number 1 haha
Old 11-12-2009, 10:57 PM

hey poppn, welcome, you'll love your car and have a great time modding it. ignore the ignorant on here and it's not too bad.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:38 AM

Im picking my new one up today. I am somewhat surprised at how people have taken over this thread with the negative comments. I guess I shouldnt be but I thought I would add my positive comments. I was also going to get a used one because the new ones are so rare now. I found one with a couple of hail dents and got a real good deal for it and it only has 75 miles on it. They fixed the dents with PDR so no biggie. So anyway, Im very excited as well poppn.

Besides I just wanted this for the motor. Not to excited about the looks of these cars. My wife has the HHR SS and I have a 93 mustang 5.0 right now. I have 2 small children and dont have time for car tinkering right now but I still wanted the sports car feel. This motor is the closest thing I have seen out there that feels like a v8 but gets great gas milage.

Anyways, congrats poppn. It was a great deal for a new one as far as Im concerned
Old 11-13-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by travis123
Im picking my new one up today. I am somewhat surprised at how people have taken over this thread with the negative comments. I guess I shouldnt be but I thought I would add my positive comments. I was also going to get a used one because the new ones are so rare now. I found one with a couple of hail dents and got a real good deal for it and it only has 75 miles on it. They fixed the dents with PDR so no biggie. So anyway, Im very excited as well poppn.

Besides I just wanted this for the motor. Not to excited about the looks of these cars. My wife has the HHR SS and I have a 93 mustang 5.0 right now. I have 2 small children and dont have time for car tinkering right now but I still wanted the sports car feel. This motor is the closest thing I have seen out there that feels like a v8 but gets great gas milage.

Anyways, congrats poppn. It was a great deal for a new one as far as Im concerned
Sounds great what mileage and price?
Old 11-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Banned

You really are dislexic.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:26 PM

Do you read at all?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:46 AM

Lol. Simmer down now people. Dont really want to say the price, but it was a real good deal. I really like the car. It is an amazing drive, but I dont like that stupid wing on the back. It really blocks the view in rear view.

At this point you take what you can get. Not many of these left. Only thing mine didnt have was the fancy boost gauge. I think its called RFD or something like that.

One question to everyone, is about the front seat. Im a big guy and the sides of the seat really stick out and wrap around your back. Its comfortable I guess but I cant get in the damn car without rubbing my butt on them big time. Im afraid I will wear the cloth out by doing this all the time. Is there a way to adjust these or something. I have the seat almost all the way back which is comfortable to drive but I cant dip my head enough when getting into the car feet first without rubbing the seat. Anyone have that problem or figured out how to solve it.

Besides that, this car is amazing. It is way faster than my mustang. I cant compare it to my wifes HHRSS because hers is an automatic but it does feel more responsive and a stiffer steering. I give it a huge thumbs up. Here are pics... Not like you have not seen em before but I thought I would post anyway.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 AM

Good deal.. but i got my rally yellow 09' SS, for $18,000 with 84 miles on it, hellz yea. had to bargain with the dealship for a couple weeks. That white is throwed though, it was what i wanted.. only 118 of the 09'SS's are white.. 120 are yellow!! i think they stand out the most of all the colors
Old 11-17-2009, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by SLoW LT1
Do you read at all?
He didn't say price in that post ass clown.

Lol. Simmer down now people. Dont really want to say the price, but it was a real good deal. I really like the car. It is an amazing drive, but I dont like that stupid wing on the back. It really blocks the view in rear view.

One question to everyone, is about the front seat. Im a big guy and the sides of the seat really stick out and wrap around your back. Its comfortable I guess but I cant get in the damn car without rubbing my butt on them big time. Im afraid I will wear the cloth out by doing this all the time. Is there a way to adjust these or something. I have the seat almost all the way back which is comfortable to drive but I cant dip my head enough when getting into the car feet first without rubbing the seat. Anyone have that problem or figured out how to solve it.
Originally Posted by N3CROKiLLA33
Good deal.. but i got my rally yellow 09' SS, for $18,000 with 84 miles on it, hellz yea. had to bargain with the dealship for a couple weeks. That white is throwed though, it was what i wanted.. only 118 of the 09'SS's are white.. 120 are yellow!! i think they stand out the most of all the colors
Whenever you all want to get some runs in let me know.

Last edited by Spins All Day; 11-17-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-17-2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by tREBs
Hey Dumb ****, Notice how it also says WHITE

read back again, he bought a red one... With 44 miles on the clock...
Its the typical DUMB IGNORANT ***** like you that make me post the way I do... way to put you're foot in your mouth. I am flabbergasted at your stupidity!!

Incase you do not believe me

But hey, maybe if you read 2 lines above the one you highlighted you would have seen that... And look at post #23, a post from the OP, Note the car color...

But hey, you ALMOST got ACEY on that one... **** you're a moron.
enjoy your ownage