General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Air Bag Failure!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Bag Failure!

Took My 05' LS Sedan into the Dealer. I was Driving home Monday 09/19/05. The
air bag light popped on. A few seconds later, information center displayed "AIR BAG
FAILURE". I was only a few miles from home so I drove it home. Looked in the owners
manual, it had a warning in it that the air bag may not deploy in an accident. (Worst,
though it could deploy spontanously!). Took it to the Dealer, they say the module
on the air bag in the steering wheel was defective. They had to "order" new air bag
from Lansing MI. Will be here (Indianapolis) in a couple of days. Also, I have a water
leak (during heavy downpours) from frt right corner of winshield. They are taking care
of that problem too. Just wonder if anyone else had any of these problem too.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:11 PM

Waiting.........

Originally Posted by blkcobalt
Took My 05' LS Sedan into the Dealer. I was Driving home Monday 09/19/05. The
air bag light popped on. A few seconds later, information center displayed "AIR BAG
FAILURE". I was only a few miles from home so I drove it home. Looked in the owners
manual, it had a warning in it that the air bag may not deploy in an accident. (Worst,
though it could deploy spontanously!). Took it to the Dealer, they say the module
on the air bag in the steering wheel was defective. They had to "order" new air bag
from Lansing MI. Will be here (Indianapolis) in a couple of days. Also, I have a water
leak (during heavy downpours) from frt right corner of winshield. They are taking care
of that problem too. Just wonder if anyone else had any of these problem too.

It's now Friday the 23rd, still don't have car back. Parts didn't come in yet. (that's
b.s., 4 days from Lansing, MI to Indianapolis, IN) Water was actually from body
seam where roof mets drip rails. I'm alittle torqued about not having my car for
this weekend.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:22 PM

1 of the ladies that works with my g/f has a saturn with the side air bags , and she had a front tire blow out on her going to the dealer to take it in for a vibration (the tire that ended up blowing)

and it ended up setting of the side airbags , dealer told her 1500.00 to fix them

after i talked with her , she went back and argued with them , and they are now replacing the air bags under warrenty