General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Anyone trading in thier cobalt for the 2009 camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
You sir, deserve a big flaming.

1) Pure opinion. I, along with many others, think it looks great.
2) Duh. That's why it's going to come with a bigger motor. It wouldn't be an American muscle car if it wasn't heavy with a huge motor.
3) Cause your Balt is an economy compact with half the horsepower of this real sports car. Duh.
4) It has huge wheels on it (22's and 21's iirc) cause it's a concept car. The production version will have smaller wheels. That's already been said in the press about the car.
5) See number 3.
6) Boo hoo. Nothing a little modding can't fix.
7) See number 1. Is that the best you could come up with?
8) Pay to play junior.
9) Let me guess... anything RWD that puts down power can't handle curves in your eyes? You better stick to the Balt and let the real men drive the real car.
10) Real men don't need warranties. And how is that any different than any other car warranty? It's common sense. Again... pay to play.

Oh, and I will have a new Camaro. Probably in addition to the Cobalt.
Ok let me have a go then.

1. Its still ugly. Its my opinion and Im entiteld to one.
2. Bigger motors dont fix braking and steering problems that come with heavy cars!
3. The INS is going to be so high not because its not an econamy car but because people that buy this type of car drive like ass holes. Not saying you do but most do.
4. From what I have read it will have 19s front and 20s rear for the V8 cars. And thats still dumb.
5. I have the 10K but the car is not worth it. 10k more and it will get killed on an auto X couse and will only be slightly faster then the mustang that will be 5K less.
6. Mod all you like. IRS sucks for straight line and this a straight line car!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. I still say its ugly!
8. You get raped in the ass Im not going to.
9. WRONG! Lighter RWD cars are so much fun. I love the 240sx and the older RX7s. They can run with the best of them. for less then a camaro.
10. Its a new Fing car! It better have a warranty worth something for that much freaking money!
11. Go buy one and I will race you for slips! You 5 gallons of gas and I get 5 gallons of gas and we race till some one runs out!
12. Even the V6 car is going to be expensive. My last one was 18K and was much slower then the balt and got less then 22mpg most of the time. I sold it for a V8 car and sold that do to high gas and INS bills for a car I rarly even drove.

Later. And go to the camaro forums if your so in love with the thing!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Badmunky
Ok let me have a go then.

1. Its still ugly. Its my opinion and Im entiteld to one.
2. Bigger motors dont fix braking and steering problems that come with heavy cars!
3. The INS is going to be so high not because its not an econamy car but because people that buy this type of car drive like ass holes. Not saying you do but most do.
4. From what I have read it will have 19s front and 20s rear for the V8 cars. And thats still dumb.
5. I have the 10K but the car is not worth it. 10k more and it will get killed on an auto X couse and will only be slightly faster then the mustang that will be 5K less.
6. Mod all you like. IRS sucks for straight line and this a straight line car!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. I still say its ugly!
8. You get raped in the ass Im not going to.
9. WRONG! Lighter RWD cars are so much fun. I love the 240sx and the older RX7s. They can run with the best of them. for less then a camaro.
10. Its a new Fing car! It better have a warranty worth something for that much freaking money!
11. Go buy one and I will race you for slips! You 5 gallons of gas and I get 5 gallons of gas and we race till some one runs out!
12. Even the V6 car is going to be expensive. My last one was 18K and was much slower then the balt and got less then 22mpg most of the time. I sold it for a V8 car and sold that do to high gas and INS bills for a car I rarly even drove.

1) My point exactly. It's opinion.
2) Take the bad with the good.
3) The insurance will be high because of the power and the type of car it is.
4) Oh well. Your economy car has 18's. Bigger is in now.
5) It's worth it. (opinion again)
6) Oh well.
7) It's still opinion.
8) Your perrogative.
9) Then go buy that. I'll buy my Camaro.
10) It will have a warranty. You're complaining about the warranty going bye-bye when you mod/race it. That's common sense.
11) That's just redonkulous. You lost all credibility on that one.
12) Pay to play. No one is forcing you fork out the cash for it. For those of us that have the money though, it's gonna be a sweet ride.

Oh, and welcome to site with car enthusiasts... not just Cobalt nutswingers.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
No, i was planning on getting a Ferrari on trade ...
Old 02-05-2007, 11:14 AM

I hate to turn my back on the bowtie...but at that time ill have the $$ for the challenger...i will own that car ..its sex on wheels
Old 02-05-2007, 11:28 AM

We intend on getting rid of our SSR for one....... 2004 SSR in the purple color, Chrome wheels, running boards, still has factory plastic on the floor, and floor matts never installed.......... She has 2500 miles on her i believe, maybe it was 3500..... never been registered with dmv either
Old 02-05-2007, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Badmunky

4) Corvettes have 19's on the back, but do they have a problem with it? NO. The Camaro won't have 22 inch chrome gangsta wheels. They will be 20" forged alloy. The truth is, wheels and tires have come leaps and bounds in last few years. The extra inch or two will be insignificant on a 425hp engine.

5) Lets get the facts straight. Bob Lutz has been quoted in saying that the Camaro will be priced within 500 dollars of similarly equipped mustangs but is expected to have close to 100 more hp. You do the math.

Also, are you familiar with the Z28 nameplate? It was originally a stripped down/light weight roadcourse MONSTER that the average joe could afford. Heck, even the criticized 4th gen camaros were excellent handlers. The Camaro name was made known on road courses just as much as the 1/4 mile strips.

6) Since when does IRS suck? Vettes have been running IRS for practically forever and they don't seem to have a problem with it! This wont be dated GTO engineering, it will be brand new Delta stuff. Not to mention IRS has excellent autocross capabilities. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

10) Warranty will be 100k. That good enough for you?

11) Did you seriously just type that?

Don't get me wrong, our cobalts are mean little machines, but the Camaro is a performance legend that i refuse to let be downtalked.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM

once I pay off my cobalt in early 2010 I'm gonna buy me a 2010 Camaro SS convertible hugger orange w/ black racing stripes. That way the camaro is the daily driver and the cobalt will be my race/ show car
Old 02-05-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonsfire12345
once I pay off my cobalt in early 2010 I'm gonna buy me a 2010 Camaro SS convertible hugger orange w/ black racing stripes. That way the camaro is the daily driver and the cobalt will be my race/ show car
that sounds good, but it would be the other way around for me. camaro would be my special weekend cruiser. cobalt will be my daily driver...unless i throw a turbo or something in my cobalt by then.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LandonElf
4) Corvettes have 19's on the back, but do they have a problem with it? NO. The Camaro won't have 22 inch chrome gangsta wheels. They will be 20" forged alloy. The truth is, wheels and tires have come leaps and bounds in last few years. The extra inch or two will be insignificant on a 425hp engine.

5) Lets get the facts straight. Bob Lutz has been quoted in saying that the Camaro will be priced within 500 dollars of similarly equipped mustangs but is expected to have close to 100 more hp. You do the math.

Also, are you familiar with the Z28 nameplate? It was originally a stripped down/light weight roadcourse MONSTER that the average joe could afford. Heck, even the criticized 4th gen camaros were excellent handlers. The Camaro name was made known on road courses just as much as the 1/4 mile strips.

6) Since when does IRS suck? Vettes have been running IRS for practically forever and they don't seem to have a problem with it! This wont be dated GTO engineering, it will be brand new Delta stuff. Not to mention IRS has excellent autocross capabilities. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

10) Warranty will be 100k. That good enough for you?

11) Did you seriously just type that?

Don't get me wrong, our cobalts are mean little machines, but the Camaro is a performance legend that i refuse to let be downtalked.
4) Please if you have no clue as to what you are talking about, do NOT talk.

5) Does Bob Lutz know what the Mustang will have in 2-3 years? You do the fanboi thing.

6) Once again, you don't know what you are talking about. Do you know how long it took the C4 Vettes to get into the 9s on the stock IRS?? Heavy ass Camaro will never = "excellent autocross capabilities". You seem to not know much.

4th gen has CRAPPY HANDLING. Camaros were handlers when they didn't weigh so much now-a-days they are inferior to A LOT of cars.

10)bah

11) Definently agree with you here.

Personally, I have always loved Camaros(Uncle has a pretty rare split grill), but think the new ones look like boo boo and I am definently not confident in GMs ability to keep them around(sale them) sadly .
Old 02-05-2007, 08:21 PM

jst traded in my balt SS today for a sweet 02 Camaro SS ragtop 6 speed with SLP stage 3 .. 37k on it ...the balt was such a toy
Old 02-05-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by STI>>>SS/SC
4) Please if you have no clue as to what you are talking about, do NOT talk.

Uh, care to expand on that a little more without being a douchebag? The engine is expected to be around 425-450hp, and thats out of Saleens mouth himself. I don't see what i'm missing.

And bob lutz has a pretty good idea where Fords going. Hes worked for a gazillion car manfucturers

Why are you flaming me? I don't even know you!! And you call me a fanboy while your name is STI>>>SS/SC!!!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned

...i wanna put the LS7 in my balt....

Personaly i think the new camaros are ugly.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by TCarter
...i wanna put the LS7 in my balt....
That would be just plain nasty. Just a RWD-FWD conversion, custom tranny, custom rear end, custom driveshaft, reworked suspension, and custom engine mounts. But who cares! Its a friggan LS7 in a cobalt, woooooooo!!

But seriously, i did hear about a few Solstices with LS7's installed. Those things must be beyond rediculous.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Banned

hell ya...id smoke all y'all :P
Old 02-05-2007, 09:12 PM

Nothing says "get a camaro" like buying a pontiac with a Camaro engine but costs 5 grand more

Remember, pontiac will be getting streamlined in the next few years to become more of a BMW competitor. The quality/weight/luxury of the product will increase significantly, and of course so will the price.
Theres no such thing as a Camaro egnine. Its all GM powertrain
Old 02-05-2007, 10:53 PM

I'm hoping in 2011 or 2012 when I'm all done with school that I'll be able to reward myself with a brand new black SS Camaro coupe. I figure I'll give GM a few years to get all the kinks out of the 5th gen Camaro and by then I hope I'll be able to afford it. I'm just hoping that I can keep my cobalt running that long because my plan is to keep the balt until I get the Camaro in 5 years or so.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by roccobladr
that sounds good, but it would be the other way around for me. camaro would be my special weekend cruiser. cobalt will be my daily driver...unless i throw a turbo or something in my cobalt by then.
thats true. It would be nice to drive w/ an automatic tranny during rush hour.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Banned

Uh, care to expand on that a little more without being a douchebag? The engine is expected to be around 425-450hp, and thats out of Saleens mouth himself. I don't see what i'm missing.

And bob lutz has a pretty good idea where Fords going. Hes worked for a gazillion car manfucturers

Why are you flaming me? I don't even know you!! And you call me a fanboy while your name is STI>>>SS/SC!!!!!
Do you know the guy that you flamed???

And read everything I put in BOLD. One or two inches of rotating mass is never insignificant.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:11 AM

I personnaly like the design of the new Camaros. GM purposely went with a completely new design with a few old school touches. They wanted something that was different and that would stretch the imagination.

Do I plan on getting one?? Of Course..I will be waiting on the second model year though. This way GM has the first year to work out the quirks as well as, if they do with the Camaro like they did with the GTO, the next year will have more HP and some finer details also.

Why does it seem, that anytime someone starts a thread to get peoples opinions, it ALWAYS ends up in some sort of whack ass argument?? How old are ya'll?? I mean for real... Ya'll need to either get some booty an relax, get something to eat, cause I know i get cranky if I'm hungry, or go for a drive and calm down. BACK ON TOPIC....YUP, YOU DAMN SKIPPY I'M GETTIN THA NEW CAMARO!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:36 AM

[QUOTE=1gmfanatik;816484
Do I plan on getting one?? Of Course..I will be waiting on the second model year though. This way GM has the first year to work out the quirks as well as, if they do with the Camaro like they did with the GTO, the next year will have more HP and some finer details also.

Why does it seem, that anytime someone starts a thread to get peoples opinions, it ALWAYS ends up in some sort of whack ass argument?? How old are ya'll?? I mean for real... Ya'll need to either get some booty an relax, get something to eat, cause I know i get cranky if I'm hungry, or go for a drive and calm down. BACK ON TOPIC....YUP, YOU DAMN SKIPPY I'M GETTIN THA NEW CAMARO!!![/QUOTE]

good points.

Don't atuomatically count on a 2nd year power increase--thats pretty rare. IN th case of the GTO and CTS-V--it was more by nessesity then any plannning to due so. THe 5.7L LS1/LS6 was no longer being made so they had to switch to the 6.0. Or skip 04s and start in 05 but that wouldn't have made any sense
Old 02-06-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
Why does it seem, that anytime someone starts a thread to get peoples opinions, it ALWAYS ends up in some sort of whack ass argument?? How old are ya'll?? I mean for real... Ya'll need to either get some booty an relax, get something to eat, cause I know i get cranky if I'm hungry, or go for a drive and calm down. BACK ON TOPIC....YUP, YOU DAMN SKIPPY I'M GETTIN THA NEW CAMARO!!!
Because on this site, if it's not a Cobalt, then it's slow and it sucks.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 AM
360 L337 User

no. maybe the 2010 one. no more first year cars for me.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by STI>>>SS/SC
Do you know the guy that you flamed???

And read everything I put in BOLD. One or two inches of rotating mass is never insignificant.
I didn't flame him, but i apologize if my remarks seem a little heated. I probably should of put some smileys in because i was not angry when i typed to that guy. But he did make some rather immature statements. (the whole "lets have a gas mileage race")

However, i will stand by my theory that the wheels will not slow the camaro down. Chevrolet has 18's on a 205hp compact and 19's on a 400hp sports car. Yet neither seem to be lacking in performance in there respective classes.

The Camaro will have (at most) one inch bigger rims the the C6 vettes and will have around 25 more hp yet cost around 30K. If the big rims were such a hindering factor, then the vette designers (who were obsessed with weight savings) would not have even considered them.

Regardless of its criticims, if the only thing your worried about is the wheels being to big, then just order base model rims

Lets try to keep this civil, i'm willing to hear you out as long as you don't attack my intelligence every post
Old 02-06-2007, 01:02 PM

But everyone knows that it's impossible to replace your wheels. So if you don't like the stock ones, you're most definitely stuck with them for the life of the car.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned

I didn't flame him, but i apologize if my remarks seem a little heated. I probably should of put some smileys in because i was not angry when i typed to that guy. But he did make some rather immature statements. (the whole "lets have a gas mileage race")

However, i will stand by my theory that the wheels will not slow the camaro down. Chevrolet has 18's on a 205hp compact and 19's on a 400hp sports car. Yet neither seem to be lacking in performance in there respective classes.

The Camaro will have (at most) one inch bigger rims the the C6 vettes and will have around 25 more hp yet cost around 30K. If the big rims were such a hindering factor, then the vette designers (who were obsessed with weight savings) would not have even considered them.

Regardless of its criticims, if the only thing your worried about is the wheels being to big, then just order base model rims

Lets try to keep this civil, i'm willing to hear you out as long as you don't attack my intelligence every post
I agreed with you about the "gas race" thing.

18s are too big for the Cobalt, and it is evident that have an effect since the car can't break into 13s stock.

The Vette has HUGE brakes. The Camaro probably will too. So I know big wheels are somewhat needed. But the Cobalt can fit 16s and even 15s with MINOR modifications so there is no purpose for them to have 18s, except to fill that huge fender gap.

I could careless about the wheel size, I sadly think the new Camaros are ugly especially compared to the new Challengers.

Quick Reply: Anyone trading in thier cobalt for the 2009 camaro?