General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Arrrggggg

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Arrrggggg

im soooo pissed i have been waiting a month now to get that phone call that says "hello my name is joe shmoe and im calling to let you know that your lease pull ahead is due, feel free to come down and pick up your new SS" every time my phone rings i cross my fingers hoping to god its the chevy dealer....any how, i went to the dealership AGAIN...(the sales persons practicly know me by first name now from going up there to gawk at the SS's so much)...and to my dissapointment they told me that they and area chevy dealers will not be carrying any manual non sc'd ss's due to the fact that they are not in popular demand....hmmmm....somethings fishy here.....when i told him that i insisted on having a manual he then RIGHT AWAY began to blab on and on about the SS S/C and said that well if you want a stick than this is what you want....and i was like uhhhh no this is not what i want...the 2.4 which has a much better looking interior and so on and so forth....but the point is, i think its bull **** that they are not only gonna not carry manual 2.4's, but also they going to try to push over the S/C SS on people who want the manual and sort of indirectly lead the less educated (about the car) people into beliving that if you want a stick you MUST get the SS, just to make a few more bucks on people. Total bs i think....u?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:35 AM

You will need to do some lage work. You should be able to find a Cobalt on the net that you are looking for and see if they can get it for you. They are just trying to sell there stork on hand and you will have to remain ferm on what you want. Remember were there is a will there is a way.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:36 AM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure the interiors are the same

However, you should not let them bully you into a deal you do not want. If they do not honor your agreement, or meet your demands, simply walk and go where you are more apprecieated as a customer.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Python467
im soooo pissed i have been waiting a month now to get that phone call that says "hello my name is joe shmoe and im calling to let you know that your lease pull ahead is due, feel free to come down and pick up your new SS" every time my phone rings i cross my fingers hoping to god its the chevy dealer....any how, i went to the dealership AGAIN...(the sales persons practicly know me by first name now from going up there to gawk at the SS's so much)...and to my dissapointment they told me that they and area chevy dealers will not be carrying any manual non sc'd ss's due to the fact that they are not in popular demand....hmmmm....somethings fishy here.....when i told him that i insisted on having a manual he then RIGHT AWAY began to blab on and on about the SS S/C and said that well if you want a stick than this is what you want....and i was like uhhhh no this is not what i want...the 2.4 which has a much better looking interior and so on and so forth....but the point is, i think its bull **** that they are not only gonna not carry manual 2.4's, but also they going to try to push over the S/C SS on people who want the manual and sort of indirectly lead the less educated (about the car) people into beliving that if you want a stick you MUST get the SS, just to make a few more bucks on people. Total bs i think....u?

The salesman can just be ignorant of the car. It wouldn't suprise me if he honestly didn't think the 2.4 has a manual, because I can tell you that I've yet to see a MTX one. Only ATX's around these parts.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:56 AM

same here.....automatics everywhere.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by MarcS
I'm pretty sure the interiors are the same

However, you should not let them bully you into a deal you do not want. If they do not honor your agreement, or meet your demands, simply walk and go where you are more apprecieated as a customer.
for the most part they are, however, the non SC has only black insert leather, or the option of cloth...also the Non SC has heated seats as well...i feel like im missing somthing........
Old 09-21-2005, 01:07 AM

They are just trying to boost sales and their commission. greedy salesmen as usual
Old 09-21-2005, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by phxSS
The salesman can just be ignorant of the car. It wouldn't suprise me if he honestly didn't think the 2.4 has a manual, because I can tell you that I've yet to see a MTX one. Only ATX's around these parts.
Exactly, some slaesmen treid to tell me there was no 2.4, when it was right on their lot.

look around, find one, and tell the dealer you are going to go get that one, he will change his mind in a hurry.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:37 AM

They are just definately just being @$$ because they just don't feel like ordering the car for you.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:19 AM

It sucks cause there is a manual black 2.4SS right here in town, and everytime I ask the guy if I can test drive it he says yeah, then goes off and does something else. Salesmen suck.
Also, the problem my girlfriend is having with her car now (long story), she called up GMAC and they've been helping her out alot. And with the way the manager of the dealer she bought her car from was talking to her (he was talking to her like a complete ******* ******* last time she called), we think she's gonna get what she wants.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Python467

It's hard enough to get a manual in NYC too. Trust me I know. I had to ORDER mine the way I wanted it. Put a deposit down and had the paperwork drawn up. Now I'm in the waiting game. BTW I think the fact that I got a SS sedan in Sunburst Orange didn't help. I really do not forsee that being a big time seller here in the big city. Anyway, maybe you should try that approach?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:47 PM

Do the 2.4 leather seats have the "SS" embroidered on them like the 2.0? Or is it just plain black leather?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:53 PM

i dont think it has an "ss" on the leather. its on the dash though.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:03 PM

chevy proof the one with the chick in the car. Dont take this 100 percent though, if you notice under the caption they say its a sedan! they need to get their **** together.
here's an even better question: is she getting in or out of the car?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:05 PM

most I have sen on dealer lots were autos. Maybe 75%
Old 09-22-2005, 12:07 AM

mine is auto but i know you can get 5 speed, he's just an idiot. just talk money to him. tell him if he wants any commission at all he'll get you the car you want and if not you'll go elsewhere. its worth it to get the car you really want.