General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Autoglass prices for the cobalts...Low comprehensive ded. advised.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autoglass prices for the cobalts...Low comprehensive ded. advised.

ok, so I work for Safelite Autoglass out here in Hampton. It's a national corporation, that specializes in autoglass replacement. Anyhow, I got a bit bored at the shop today, and decided to run OEM list prices for Cobalt glass. Be advised, these are only list prices, they do change, and you may want to reconsider your comprehensive deductables.

Windshield: 489.90

Door glasses: 196.05 each

Quarter glasses: 726.70 each

Backglass: 1026.30

Again these prices are for GM glass as listed. Just thought you may want to know what to expect if you need to replace anything. Keep in mind though that glass companies sell for less than list, but not much for OEM parts. Personally I say stick with the more expensive OEM glass, from what I've seen in the aftermarket options, you won't be happy with the glass fit, and yes, we install the OEM.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:02 AM

good info.

im kinda surprised at the cost of the quarter glass.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:02 PM

Don't be. Due to the way tempered glass is manufactured, the smaller and/or more curved a lite(piece) of glass is, the harder it is to temper it evenly. As a result, more lites break in the process than actually make it to the market, resulting in the higher cost to offset. Be glad you don't own a 1st gen Saturn. The windshield on an SL/SC 1 lists at 1496, the backglass at 1523. The small size of our quarter glasses is why they are so expensive. Now once the cars become more prevalent, the cost should go down.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:33 AM

good lord ... that is some pricey glass...
now I am even WAY more happy that the tree branches landing on my car the other night didnt damage anything (that I have been able to spot so far anyway)...

we had a freak heavy rain+snow storm that really devastated trees around here. Small tree used to shade my parking spot here at home. Luckily it was allready sagging down low before it actually broke and came down on the car so it only feel a couple feet onto the roof.
I actually got to see it crack and fall.. I was headed out to either remove more snow off the tree branches or move my car when I saw it collapse on it while I was about 40 feet away still ... took me and several others about 45 minutes to get enough small branches cut off (during which, the other half of the tree collapsed, luckily to the other direction) before we could lift the remainder up off my car for me to drive it out to safety..
all at about 1:00am of course lol
then the power went out from around 1:30 until 8:30 what fun!