General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Bad Girl Cobalt Lives

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07LSJ
triple gauge pod in both pillars huh?
also, im pretty sure those are the crappy ebay ones, just painted. notice how they stick out a lot instead of being flushed. and sub'd for engine bay pics.
Originally Posted by 06_cobalt
No they are Cobalt Addiction ones. There is nothing ebay on her car.
Originally Posted by 07LSJ
do you have a link to them? i couldnt find any.. still think zzp's are wayyy nicer
Cobalt Addiction no longer exists. Donna and her boyfriend/husband can't remember what he was lol owned it. And a lot of **** went down and he ran it into the ground. Sorry.
Those are even before Cobalt Addiction started making their own. These are factory A-Pillars with the Autometer Pods molded in to them.

I bought the Cobalt Addiction 2 guage pod back in 2007 and still have it in my car. Color is not correct as they are tan and not grey and do not have a recess for the screw, they only gave you a button cover that falls off within a day or two.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh ok. but you see the difference that im telling you right?
Old 07-16-2012, 07:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cobalt Addiction no longer exists. Donna and her boyfriend/husband can't remember what he was lol owned it. And a lot of **** went down and he ran it into the ground. Sorry.
Donna never owned or worked for CA. She was just trying to help out the community and Kenny when she was dating him by hopping on here and expediting or explaining things...

She didn't work there and neither did Paul (06blackg85ss). Common misconceptions from back in the day.

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
badg1rls car was twincharged WAYYYYyyyyyyyYYYYYYyyyYY years before kangolriot
Old 07-16-2012, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernMotorsports
We are actually looking to do a RWD conversion on a Cobalt with a T-56 transmission. The plans are in the works, and we will begin once we hit a minimal funding amount.
What the fark??!?! Why not just use a sol/sky trans? Better yet.. why not just buy a sol/sky to begin with? LOL
Old 07-16-2012, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by CSRT4U
What the fark??!?! Why not just use a sol/sky trans? Better yet.. why not just buy a sol/sky to begin with? LOL
Someone just wants to build another Rod build.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Edubs
Donna never owned or worked for CA. She was just trying to help out the community and Kenny when she was dating him by hopping on here and expediting or explaining things...
Oh well. They might as well have

Originally Posted by dtabbs
Those are even before Cobalt Addiction started making their own. These are factory A-Pillars with the Autometer Pods molded in to them.

I bought the Cobalt Addiction 2 guage pod back in 2007 and still have it in my car. Color is not correct as they are tan and not grey and do not have a recess for the screw, they only gave you a button cover that falls off within a day or two.

Not what her info says..........but ok...

Last edited by 06_cobalt; 07-16-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by dtabbs
Someone just wants to build another Rod build.

Damn right. Go overboard with the LS1 conversion and T-56 in a Cobalt chassis. Just because we can. But it is going to cost a lot. I like a challenge.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cranemaster
Show cars are rice lol <_< and that thing looks like **** to me, just saying. Not trying to say someone didnt pour insane time and money into it. But yeah, I wouldn't drive that in public unless there was a gun to my head.
Waaa? Show cars to me mean NOT driven or used daily and garaged/trailered...which does not make it rice...as its done to the extreme to win shows.. Maybe i have the concept of a "show car" all wrong... If i saw this drivign down the road THEN i would then be like wtf?

Car is a peice of cobalt history. Should be displayed forever
Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 AM

Name:  Cobalt1.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  125.4 KB

Engine Rev Video
Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 AM

06cobat^^^ oh im sorry you must know EVERYTHING about me then. So sorry...

I think its funny after all these years people THINK they still know what went on with the demise of CA etc after i must have explained it about 400 times. I think Paul legitimately is the only one that can say that he knows me pretty well...and can attest to me NOT working at CA.
Yes for the benefit of kenny and his business, i supported the CA name back in the day. I will not support GM addiction, Cobalt Addiction or any other addiction site that kenny runs now or ever again.
I dont often even come back on here...but yes i know...my signature and my profile still have all that crap...which i am going to remove.

So again,...for the newbs.
Kenny and i dated for 6 yrs. he wound up running my credit up 40K + for his businesses etc. Not MY business ...his. We had many issues as many couples do..most stemmed from him using me and there was never any commitment from him at all...i was more of a friend to him then a GF. and as an almost 30 yr old woman at the time, i wanted to get married, do the baby thing etc. none of which interested him at all....He would never so much as say he loved or cared about me. Most girls wouldnt tolerate that for 6 months...yet i did it for 6 yrs. I was stupid.

i was on this board as help to other owners and customers and i never made money off of anything we sold. In the end, he wound up doing some shady **** behind my back by taking my credit card and maxing it out. After about 400 ultimatums, i decided we couldnt be together any more. he never really gave 2 ***** about me anyway and our breakup proved that. He already had a new girlfriend etc. before i was gone...
I sold my cobalt to pay off the remaining debt he put me in.
So yeah..i hate the ******* guy...he doesnt know how to run a business at all and never did. if anything i kept him afloat for many years. I chaulk it up to just being a good person who really tried to help out and just got screwed in the end.

I have not been around him for over 3 years. I am married now and i have moved away from him and his bulls-hit. It took me about 2 years to settle my debt with him and get my life on track as well. he really messed so much stuff for me almost ruining my credit and my life. Luckily i am a fighter and a hard worker and got through it.

second- call what you want rice.. everyones definition is different. my opinion is non-functioning parts or parts made to make the car look fast etc. make it as a whole RICE or distastful parts..like decals or bolt on exhaust tips from autozone.

Some parts may be a little ricey on my old car...and its not to everyones liking..but at the time, it was mine and i was happy with it. And at the time, it was the first of its kind...it is now a legend in the cobalt community as well as the car show community so i am NOT complaining. My car did EVERYTHING it set out to do....

It did run and it was is great shape when i sold it, i took very good care of it....WHICH BTW I SOLD THE CAR FOR RIGHT AROUND 20K. Kenny in the end i found ripped a bunch of things out and then sold them for his own profit...yet another thing i hate about him. He was only concerned about himself. He tinted the windows for the people who bought it, installed an alarm and did some other crap and then charged them making more money off of me since the car was ALWAYS mine..always paid for by me and registered and insured by me. None of the new stuff was authorized by me to be done.

His wiring also was not shot to **** back then either...when we built it all the wires were zip tied and labeled to what they ran to in case we had an issue...so i have no knowledge of what was done to that car after it was sold or when kenny started ripping it apart.

He did rip out the side TVs and such through...disconnected some pieces and like i said removed stuff that i didnt find out about until after the fact when the guy who bought it started emailing me about things. But to my knowledge it was to make it easier to drive and legal.

Unfortunately, through our terrible breakup etc. it was very messy and i was not permitted to go back to the house we shared and i paid bills at...so i never got to see the car again after September 2009 after the last streetwheelz show we did.

If anything i was forced in to selling to save myself from bankrupcy....all of which he caused. I was working 2 jobs to pay my bills. I am still working 2 jobs...he sat at home eating, getting fat, and doing NOTHING at home to help me out etc.

So again there is the whole run down....

So does anyone else want to tell me something about myself?????????
Old 07-17-2012, 10:26 AM

btw as you can tell i care very little about airing my dirty laudry on line. LOL
Old 07-17-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
Waaa? Show cars to me mean NOT driven or used daily and garaged/trailered...which does not make it rice...as its done to the extreme to win shows.. Maybe i have the concept of a "show car" all wrong... If i saw this drivign down the road THEN i would then be like wtf?

Car is a peice of cobalt history. Should be displayed forever
agreed, and agreed some people just don't get it lol

was waiting for you to chime in, donna lol

Last edited by taerae86; 07-17-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 AM

i am actually happy to see the car again. i didnt know what happened to it.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 AM

It's amazing how many people claim rice on anything and everything they see. Donna, all of us old members know the stories and know what this car meant to this forum and the community. Glad to hear you pulled yourself out of the hole and life is going well.

Gotta be strange to see your car though. It seems like everytime it is forgotten it pops up in some random place.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Donna,

The side TV's are back in the car, and most of the wiring has been fixed. Only the audio system, and ground effects are not functioning at this time. We thoroughly enjoy your car, and it has been a pleasure to work on. It is in good hands.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by badg1rl
i am actually happy to see the car again. i didnt know what happened to it.
i dont think anyone knew what happened to it lol at least it's still in pretty decent condition and getting taken care of and not trashed somewhere...
Old 07-17-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt
It's amazing how many people claim rice on anything and everything they see. Donna, all of us old members know the stories and know what this car meant to this forum and the community. Glad to hear you pulled yourself out of the hole and life is going well.

Gotta be strange to see your car though. It seems like everytime it is forgotten it pops up in some random place.

i know the older members followed my build when it was taking place...its the new members of the forum (cobalt owners, not the owners of MY car)who just make me shake my head in disbelief over the comments they make.
If they only knew...
Everything done to the car was done about 7 years ago...but i bet ...put the car back in any car show...and it will STILL KICK ASS!
HAHA.
I think it was a pioneer for many parts.

Its missing the detachable steering wheel though. awww. LOL
and i am sure there are some other things missing.
I am glad its being taken care of...its all i could ask for. I did not want to sell it trust me...there are days i kick myself...but i look at my life now and know it would not have been possible had i kept it in my posession.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:45 AM

i know the older members followed my build when it was taking place...its the new members of the forum (cobalt owners, not the owners of MY car)who just make me shake my head in disbelief over the comments they make.
If they only knew...
Everything done to the car was done about 7 years ago...but i bet ...put the car back in any car show...and it will STILL KICK ASS!
HAHA.
I think it was a pioneer for many parts.

Its missing the detachable steering wheel though. awww. LOL
and i am sure there are some other things missing.
I am glad its being taken care of...its all i could ask for. I did not want to sell it trust me...there are days i kick myself...but i look at my life now and know it would not have been possible had i kept it in my posession.
We still have the Momo steering wheel, just not the hub to put it on, but we are missing the alternate gauge package. The current owners are in the market of selling the car. And it has won quite a few awards at the shows it has been to in our area.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:49 AM

get it, Donna!

mad props to you. you're right the car may not be up to everyones "taste", but that car was a show car.
a badass one at that.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 AM

southernmotorsports... there is a classified that is online for strictly show cars and modified cars.
I am unsure of the URL but i remember seeing it somewhere. it might be helpful to list it on there. I am sure a google search will find it.
but i will say this...it took us a year or so to sell the car in the first place...was very hard..
Old 07-17-2012, 11:05 AM

southernmotorsports... there is a classified that is online for strictly show cars and modified cars.
I am unsure of the URL but i remember seeing it somewhere. it might be helpful to list it on there. I am sure a google search will find it.
but i will say this...it took us a year or so to sell the car in the first place...was very hard..
We were thinking of putting the car on Modified Car Trader. The current owners just don't have the resources to continue working on this car as they have other projects that require their available funding. We know it will probably take a while for the car to sell, but we will continue working on it, and fixing the flaws that have come up until then. It is still a beautiful car, and we will hate to see it go when it does. Until then we are going to continue to take it to shows. We really like the looks on peoples faces while we are driving it down the street.
Thank you for building such a great looking car, and we hope to restore it to it's previous glory before it's sold.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Well this is fun!

ok well by todays standards, many will call stuff on this car 'rice'

however, most of this cars work was done a good few years ago (idk how many) which is something you all need to realize... a few years ago this type of styling was where it was at! the scene has completely changed since then!

now i'm not gonna call anything rice on this car, because whether i like how it looks as a whole or not does not determine that. there are plenty of touches i agree and disagree with but **** it thats why its an all out show car, it gives people something to look at, love, hate, and talk about and hopefully walk away having learned a thing or two.

my favorite parts on this car gotta be the speedo lcd screen setup, i like the seats, how the dash was painted. its cool to be running a twincharge setup. definately nothing rice on this car because none of it was just bought from autozone and slapped on. when you're dealing with tons of custom work, that's hard work and deditcation. blood sweat and tears, even. not rice.

riceburner out!

Last edited by riceburner; 07-17-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
Donna I vote you go out and see the car one last time! and take pics. itd be like a family reunion!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:34 PM

I can tell you that car is not worth 23k
Old 07-17-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ecotecturbo
I can tell you that car is not worth 23k
Really? And what makes you say that? Because YOU don't like something about the way it looks?

I can tell you that this car is probably worth as much or more than any cobalt on this forum. The only one that would compete with it would be Rod's RWD when he finishes it.

Quick Reply: Bad Girl Cobalt Lives