General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Blowing some steam!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Blowing some steam!

Ok this will make me feel so much better after i get this off my back. Heres a little history on my story. I went to wal-mart the other night to do some shopping. My ex girlfriends roomate happend to check us out. I happened to be with the girl who im currently dating. Well the next day I wake up and my right rear tire is flat with a nice little slit in the sidewall. I think it was my ex but I cant prove it.

Anyways thats not even the best part. So now im sitting here riding on a donut for the next few days. The first thing I thought was lets see if the dealer has any spare ss tires. Call them up and they said nope none in stock but we can get em for 256. I about crapped my pants. If the parts department guy wasent so nice I would have hung up right there.

So then I go to a local tire shop after calling all the tire shops for replacements and no one in tulsa has a damn tire they all have to order them. The local shop told me they can try and repair it. Heres the good part.

I get there and they ask for my keys. I say what for. He says so they can get the tire that I had told many times was in the trunk. All I wanted was the tire fixed. I did not want it mounted since I was going to go home and rotate my tires anyways.

This greased up guy gets in my car and I see the lights go on. At this point I wouldent be surprized if steam was shooting outa my damn ears. I figured id keep my mouth shut and just see what happens.

Well after about 2 mins the car starts to roll backwards very slowly. I was thinking to myself this moron does not know how to get my car into reverse. I whent up to the service manager and asked why my car was in a port. He said so they could fix the tire my reply was my damn tire is in the trunk why are you driving my car into the port just to get the tire outa the trunk and on top of that your employees dont know how to drive a standard after i watch one have trouble backing mine up.

So he goes out to talk to the guy who had driven my car then comes back in and says hes sry that they drove my car and that yes the guy in fact did not know how to get my car into reverse. He offered that I could back the car out when they where done.

So then to kinda ease me a little bit he starts asking me questions about my car. The first thing outa his mouth is "is that a supercharged cavy" I was like no sry. Then he asks me about the transmission. I told him it had reverse lock out and that you had to lift up to get it to go into reverse. The nex thing he says "O really kinda like the imports huh" I was like no dumb ass kinda like a safty feature.

So then the guy comes out and says that they cant fix my tire. I was so tired I just took my keys and left.

I went home and called tirerack.com. Man I cant say enuff about these people. Answered the phones fast. very nice and helpfull. Now I have a new tire that is a oe replacement and should get here by friday. All for the low low price of 214 bucks.

One last thing. NOW MY DAMN YELLOW LEATHER ARM REST AND SEAT INSERTS ARE DIRTY! Well not anymore I cleaned them as soon as I got home.

Sry for this post I was mad and im not proof reading this.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:51 PM

I hear ya bro
Old 09-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Premium Member

Sorry to hear you had to go through all of that. Especially if you told them the cut was in the sidewall, they should of known they couldn't repair any damage in the sidewall. That should be basic tire shop knowledge.

5 days after I bought mine (only 250 miles) I got a nail in my tire that couldn't be repaired. I had a scarily (is that a word?) similar experience to yours. Took me 3 weeks and $300 to replace mine.

Did you know there is a road hazard tire replacement program available in addition to the GM extended warranty? My dealer failed to mention that. I would have most certainly have gotten it if I had known it existed. When I read up on the warranty and saw that, I called my dealer. His response after I asked why I wasn't told about it was "oh sorry, well, you probably wouldn't have gotten it anyways". It costs an additional $100, but with these tires, it would only take one flat to make it worth while. (I live in central Florida, there's roofing nails everywhere you look right now)
Old 09-14-2005, 12:15 AM

Here's one for you i'm at my brothers last night to rap with him for abit then went to take off get down the street a little ways look in my mirror and see something on my window so I stop get out and look somebody egged the hell out of my car I went nuts got my brother so he could see it . He's like bro i told him if heres anything to let me know. so theres a car behind me waiting to pull in the driveway so i get my car put it in gear and just light it up and take off well when i get home my brother calls me and tells me the guy that was behind me accused me for bracking his windsheld. I told my bro to tell him he's on crack.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:21 AM

sorry for the bad typeing still learning
Old 09-14-2005, 12:28 AM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jees, never ceases to amaze me
Old 09-14-2005, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by mken
Did you know there is a road hazard tire replacement program available in addition to the GM extended warranty? My dealer failed to mention that. I would have most certainly have gotten it if I had known it existed. When I read up on the warranty and saw that, I called my dealer. His response after I asked why I wasn't told about it was "oh sorry, well, you probably wouldn't have gotten it anyways". It costs an additional $100, but with these tires, it would only take one flat to make it worth while. (I live in central Florida, there's roofing nails everywhere you look right now)
Well Im glad that I opted for that service. BTW it also covers wheel damage and covers aftermarket wheels and tires.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by mken
Learn something new. Damn dealers all they care about is getting the car out the door with your name on the papers anyway possible. Im thinking about new tires and wheels come tax time. what do you guys think about these rims. I know its kinda off subject but I was looking and dident wanna make another post. Let me know what ya think.

Rims
Old 09-14-2005, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mike74055
The first thing outa his mouth is "is that a supercharged cavy" I was like no sry
Just out of sheer curiousity... how come you lied to him? Didn't want the dumb ass messing with anything?

Anyway sorry bout all your troubles... ex's can be a bitch lol...

-Rich
Old 09-14-2005, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by astrocrep
Just out of sheer curiousity... how come you lied to him? Didn't want the dumb ass messing with anything?

Anyway sorry bout all your troubles... ex's can be a bitch lol...

-Rich
Ummm...he didn't lie to him, it is NOT a supercharged Cavalier.

Sorry to hear about your problems w/the Ex and that tire place Mike74055.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:25 PM

There would of been an ax mass murder story on the news that night if that was my day - seems like you handled it with good sport.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by SS_Canuck
Ummm...he didn't lie to him, it is NOT a supercharged Cavalier.

Sorry to hear about your problems w/the Ex and that tire place Mike74055.
Lol... read to fast and my mind made cavy chevy...

-Rich
Old 09-14-2005, 04:34 PM

ooooh - I get it now - I thought maybe you were a cobalt hater astrocrep and were trying to insult us by saying it's just a supercharged cavy
Old 09-19-2005, 08:32 PM

What was a supposed 'tire shop' thinking? In my experience working with tires, a Z-rated tire CANNOT be plugged. Also, a slit on the sidewall is also a no-fixer. Jeez, some people are morons.

Here, I came out of a job interview and had a Saturn parked so close that I couldn't even open the drivers door. There was a guy sleeping in the passenger side of the Saturn and I tap on the window, ask him to move the car. He says, "No. It's a standard." My 300lb ass had to crawl across the console to get in my car. It was an empty lot and this fuckstick couldn't park 6 extra inches away from my car?
Retard.

Scott
Old 09-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The tires for the SS/SC are expensive and a rare size, so don't expect them to be cheap or in stock at any run of the mill tire shop, those shops put tires on grocery getters, not performance cars. As such they really have no need to stock the almost one of a kind tires on the SS/SC.... How many stock cars are there on the road with R18 tires?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:02 PM

You know if you ever figure out who did it, I'm sure thermite on their car hood would more then repay the damage they did.... especially when it’s raining. It creates a chain reaction smiliar to the atomic bomb on a much smaller scale but is limited to how much water is added after the thermite is ignited. Thermite burns so hot (around 4000 degrees) that it will actually split the water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen atoms, the hydrogen atoms explodes with tremendous force while the oxygen atoms feed the fire. Oh yeah, you can't light it with a match, you have to use another chemical reaction to trigger thermite, magnesium ribbon works VERY well.

http://unitednuclear.com/chem.htm
That place sells it, 4 ounces for 8 bucks should be MORE then enough to burn through their engine block and down into the pavement without adding a drop of H20. You can also make it but I don't recommend it for anyone with anything less then chemistry II education.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:53 AM

Whoa, dude! Sounds like someone has payed back SERIOUSLY. Are you an Explosives expert for the FBI? Damn.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:45 PM

i dont have that tire problem i work at kal tire here in saskatoon and we stock all kinds of strange sizes in fact i just recived my 18" winter tires and they look awsome. as for those morons at that tire shop no hole in any sidewall can be fixed thats basic knowlegde on the first day of work at a tire shop
Old 09-24-2005, 03:57 PM

Mmmm thermite. Iv played with that stuff before. I could get it for free if I really wanted some. My dads work uses it to weld gas piping when they cant do it with a welder. That stuff is pretty damn crazy. I really wouldent wanna do that as it honestly would melt right through the block and into the ground like a hot knife through butter.

But hey that was a good idea for a minute. Made me smile just thinking about it.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:38 PM

This is why I hate people.