General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Bought My Ss Today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought My Ss Today!!!!

Ok this morning (Saturday, April 30, 2005) I went to the dealer to ORDER my blue Cobalt SS.. Well it turns out they had 2 Cobalt SS's one red and one black...I talked to the saleslady earlier in the week and she said they had one coming in....So when we pull up she walks out hands me the keys to the red SS and I drive it AWESOME!!!! I fell in love LOL....Walk into the showroom a black one with the performance package, sunroof and the side curtain air bag option...I immediatly wanted that one so all in all after 2 hrs I drove off with my Black 05' Cobalt SS ....PICTURES WILL BE UP LATER!!! It needs to stop raining!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:40 PM

Oh one more thing! I feel sorry for you all who are waiting on yours to come in and all I did was walk into the showroom and they had one, BUT it's worth the wait BELIEVE ME!!! LOL
Old 04-30-2005, 01:41 PM

Congratulations!!

Feels great to own an Awesome New Car huh!!!

Don't forget to pickup a quart of EOS Assembly Lubricant from the dealer and pour into the engine.. it'll help with break-in wear and keep that baby purring!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:43 PM

You said ti has G85... PLEASE get some pics with the seats and such I'm getting a balck one fully loaded so I would love to see some pics of yours
Old 04-30-2005, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltchris
Congratulations!!

Feels great to own an Awesome New Car huh!!!

Don't forget to pickup a quart of EOS Assembly Lubricant from the dealer and pour into the engine.. it'll help with break-in wear and keep that baby purring!
wait hold up, whats this stuff, i got a couple hundred on my SS, can i use this, does it help, whats it do!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
You said ti has G85... PLEASE get some pics with the seats and such I'm getting a balck one fully loaded so I would love to see some pics of yours
Yea it does, it's just like the one you want except it doesnt have XM nor Onstar but it has everything else!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:52 PM

S couple hundred or thousand miles... everyone should use EOS. It's kind of the magic engine formula that not too many people know about, but bottom line, it lets you use your new car to the extreme without bruising tyhe engine. EOS mitigates run in wear, piston scuffing and all the things an engine goes through and makes sure everythings lubed up just right. You can never have enough lube!

It's called EOS Assembly Lubricant. JUST DO IT!

Sold at GM Goodwrench parts counters everywhere.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by theBLUEone
Yea it does, it's just like the one you want except it doesnt have XM nor Onstar but it has everything else!

AWESOME!!!
PICTURES PLEASE
Old 04-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by theBLUEone
I have had sirius and now xm in my cobalt. XM isn't that great, in fact I will probably not even sign up for xm. Wish I could get a sirius receiver for my stock system. (I kown I could get the add on, but it is not as nice as having it built in.)

Sirius has much better programming in my opinion.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by zinner
I have had sirius and now xm in my cobalt. XM isn't that great, in fact I will probably not even sign up for xm. Wish I could get a sirius receiver for my stock system. (I kown I could get the add on, but it is not as nice as having it built in.)

Sirius has much better programming in my opinion.
Wish there werent different companies for one type of radio... you should only need 1 kind of receiver for all satalite radio just like you dont need a different stereo for FM and AM
Old 04-30-2005, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltchris
S couple hundred or thousand miles... everyone should use EOS. It's kind of the magic engine formula that not too many people know about, but bottom line, it lets you use your new car to the extreme without bruising tyhe engine. EOS mitigates run in wear, piston scuffing and all the things an engine goes through and makes sure everythings lubed up just right. You can never have enough lube!

It's called EOS Assembly Lubricant. JUST DO IT!

Sold at GM Goodwrench parts counters everywhere.
is this it
EOS - Engine Assembly Prelube
Specifically formulated as an engine assembly lubricant. E.O.S. provides outstanding protection against run-in wear and piston scuffing as well as run-in camshaft lobe and lifter scuffing resulting from insufficient lubrication.
'found it for like 4 bucks on gmpartsdirect.com should i buy! GM PART # 1052367

and how and when should i use it, how long, how often, everything, thanks alot
Old 04-30-2005, 02:46 PM

sweet man,, glad you love the car. you guys are making me want an ss more and more each day lol. can't wait to see some pics. now all these ss owners needs to start getting the the 1/4 mile track and show the non-ss believers that it will run consistant mid 14's. 14.6 or lower. come on lets GET ER DONE. YOU CAN DO IT.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:45 PM

New owner of Red SS

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago off the floor as well. Same deal, after a test drive I couldn,t stop smilling This car is built very well and hauls ass. Motor Trend tested the SS this issue and ran 14.4@100. After I get the engine broke in, I'm heading out to Keystone Raceway. I'll post the slips as soon as I can. Not getting much time in the car though, it won't stop raining.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:54 PM

Thumbs up

Don't forget to pickup a quart of EOS Assembly Lubricant from the dealer and pour into the engine.. it'll help with break-in wear and keep that baby purring![/QUOTE]................................................

GM dealers have selling this additive since 1967...Its graphite based ,,and many engine bldrs. use it for pre assy , and break in.
Bill Jenkins used it and promoted it when he ran the 66 NOVA 327350hp.
..Ive used it often.....it esstianlly polishes the metal surfaces ..at breakin and seems to speed up the sealing of the rings and prevents galling of the cam lobes.
Use at least every other change.
It will turn the oil black.,thats normal.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:44 PM

Oil Additive

Originally Posted by bobd1950

GM dealers have selling this additive since 1967...Its graphite based ,,and many engine bldrs. use it for pre assy , and break in.
Bill Jenkins used it and promoted it when he ran the 66 NOVA 327350hp.
..Ive used it often.....it esstianlly polishes the metal surfaces ..at breakin and seems to speed up the sealing of the rings and prevents galling of the cam lobes.
Use at least every other change.
It will turn the oil black.,thats normal.[/QUOTE]

I am assuming that the graphite is small enough to pass through the oil filter. Not to dought you because I don't, I know graphite fills imperfections and reduces friction. BUT, if this is such good stuff ( and sold by GM ) why is it not recommended in the manuals in the break in paragraphs? Is there anyone out there from GM that can shed some light on this?

In my younger days I was an engine builder (84 thru 92) for a local Street & Strip shop sponsered by Bob Bond Racing. We had 14 cars running several divisions across the country.
I built stock (very few) engines with warranties to 3000 HP V8s sporting 8-71 blowers running alcahol. Yes, graphite was around back then
In not one engine had we ever used grahite nor have I heard of any other builders using griphite for anything in an engine, let alone breakin. Are there any builders on this forum? If so, what do you use to break in an engine?

YES, our compition engines were durable, example of our best selling engine:
440 Chrysler bored to 510 (solid block-water running through heads only)
15:1 compression natually asperated, 850 HP on VP-14 fuel.
This engine was good for a min 200 1/4 mile runs before rebuild.
What did we break in with?
White Lithium Grease!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:32 PM

C'mon man, we're dying for some pics of the Recaros... No one else on here seems to own an SS with the G85 package. Please!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:58 PM

im soooooooo jea lous
Old 04-30-2005, 10:09 PM

SRY for all the pics im a pic ***** now LOL but anyway I do not have many pics of the front end because it is missing the front lip, it was damaged during shipping ill have it in a few weeks...ENJOY
Old 04-30-2005, 10:29 PM

HOT!
Old 04-30-2005, 10:33 PM

sweet, recaros definatly look better on the ss than the redline. just my opinion. did they take money off for it being damaged?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
sweet, recaros definatly look better on the ss than the redline. just my opinion. did they take money off for it being damaged?
Actually they did about a mesial $500 , I didn't get much of a deal they wouldn't even give me my GMS discount (parents work at GM)....Since they are so hard to get and in demand but oh well I dont care I have the car and im VERY happy
Old 04-30-2005, 10:45 PM

Nice! Where exactly is that "GM Performance Division" emblem located? Is it on top of the radiator area?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bad A$$! Black is so hot. Congrats
Old 04-30-2005, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by jerm
Nice! Where exactly is that "GM Performance Division" emblem located? Is it on top of the radiator area?
Yea, the radiator support shroud....

Originally Posted by JonelZ
Bad A$$! Black is so hot. Congrats
Thanks man...you can't go wrong with black on any car
Old 04-30-2005, 11:59 PM

yeah that black is way nice, thats the color i want. man it looks so good...

Quick Reply: Bought My Ss Today!!!!