General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

break on cobalt ss ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
break on cobalt ss ?

great i hope that its not hard to release the break because i had a hard time releasing the break in my sisters honda civic it was so hard to release. chevy should of put the break by the pedles like on my s10 its simple, put one foot on the break, then release it with a hand in the bottom of ur hand lol. my isister civic was a 93 or something like that. i loved that car i should of bought that car from her then i would of made that car fast and i was still in high school at the time i might of killed my self of racing lol.

i might make the cobalt ss a 10 second car after i get it paid for
Old 02-26-2005, 12:29 PM

You wouldn't want to put the e-brake as a foot pedal. It needs to be in a position where you can grab it and pull it. It would be too much work to have to push it in with your foot then reach down and pull it up. It's a hand brake not a foot brake.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:49 PM

I hate the foot pedal emergency brake, in an actual "emergency" the hand brake is so much easier to get to. My ex's 2000 Cavalier's e-brake was kinda hard to pull up, but you get used to it. And I like it there better because its just so much fun to drift around turns in the rain (especially with other peoples cars)
Old 02-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Premium Member

You can solve the hard hand brake thing by working on that arm strenght there dude. j/k
But really you don't need to yank on that sucker real hard just pull it up to the point you feel resistance.

OOORRRR

Chevy should put in one of those e-brake that are in higher end cars like the BMW, Jags, etc, etc. The button or lever e-brakes it a real simple thing you just pull up on the button to apply and push down to disengage (or is that the other way around) and thats all nothing to difficult or crazy about that. Of course we know that will never happen.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by HotSauce
I hate the foot pedal emergency brake, in an actual "emergency" the hand brake is so much easier to get to. My ex's 2000 Cavalier's e-brake was kinda hard to pull up, but you get used to it. And I like it there better because its just so much fun to drift around turns in the rain (especially with other peoples cars)

ya i guess the brake would be good, but i don't wanna look stupid trying to take the brake off,when i have people in the car lol. im just used to the foot brake, thats not hard at all though.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by JoeN
Chevy should put in one of those e-brake that are in higher end cars like the BMW, Jags, etc, etc. The button or lever e-brakes it a real simple thing you just pull up on the button to apply and push down to disengage (or is that the other way around) and thats all nothing to difficult or crazy about that. Of course we know that will never happen.

My Corvette's e-brake was to the left of the seat adjacent to the door sill, all you had to do was lift it up and press the button, you never felt any resistance. Weird place for it, but easy enough
Old 02-26-2005, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by JoeN
You can solve the hard hand brake thing by working on that arm strenght there dude. j/k
But really you don't need to yank on that sucker real hard just pull it up to the point you feel resistance.

OOORRRR

maybe that was my prob i yank on the hand brake and it took along time to take it off of brake