General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Cobalt 2.4 or Mustang GT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rissa
Wow 2 mustang guys going at it. Interesting.
No one guy just bought it thinking hes a badass the other actually bought it to race and be different.

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
It always ends up this way because skilless wonder over here like arguing with me on everything. As I said, he obviously has nothing better to do.
HAHA dude anybody can drive a stick on the street, you act as though you have done something no one else has ever done.

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 07-15-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-15-2008, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Ok. What ever make you feel better. Honestly is that the only thing you have to bring up?

Lests see you have a slower car than me, you internet, race, you know nothing about the car you drive, you got screwed BIG TIME on the car, you've never been to the track, I can go on forever.

I drive and automatic but went 10.85@128mph so I don't know anything abou racing. Gotcha

I guess anything is 14s for you to run since you've never even been to the track.
Yes skilless wonder, I got screwed when the same exact car sells for 19k. But Im wrong. heres an entire page worth of cobras for ya!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/search...4&aff=national

I got really screwed though. Look at that, I payed $15,990, and got an awsome trade for my cobalt. But i still got screwed, ur completely right skilless wonder.

You know nothing about driving. All YOU know how to do is put parts into youre cobra wannabe GT. Even ur front end has a cobra look to it. Im sorry you have cobra envy, but you own a shelby now, so there is no need to make ur GT look like a cobra, which it is not.

I am not a poser wannabe who cannot drive my car, and just throws parts into my car and brags how fast it is without skill.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by twzted
GROW UP!!!

or take it to the mustang forums...we dont care
HAHA I do this just see how much **** will come out of his mouth, I did this with CODYBS too.

Hey you're from Auburn Hills, that place is pretty cool. I've been to a couple concerts up there. I'll be up there in August for another one.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:05 PM

You Will Not Beable To Beat Him, But You Wont Fall 5 Cars Behind Either, An Sc With A Good Driver Should Be A Close Race
Old 07-15-2008, 03:09 PM

Yes skilless wonder, I got screwed whan the same exact car sells for 19k. But Im wrong. heres an entire page worth of cobras for ya!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/search...4&aff=national

I got really screwed though. Look at that, I payed $15,990, and got an awsome trade for my cobalt. But i still got screwed, ur completely right skilless wonder.

You know nothing about driving. All YOU know how to do is put parts into youre cobra wannabe GT. Even ur front end has a cobra look to it. Im sorry you have cobra envy, but you own a shelby now, so there is no need to make ur GT look like a cobra, whcih it is not.
Keep going dude what else do you got. All you want to do is TALK about what your car SHOULD do. Maybe my bumper has a Cobra look to it because it is a 03/04 Cobra bumper which I bought since my IC couldn't get much air with the GT one.

I really envy you Cobra so much its sick. I have it as my desktop and keep a picture of it in my wallet. I just whish I could have your car. Then I could tell everyone it SHOULD go 12s.

Also I can put my car on Autotrader and asking $50k for it but it doesn't mean its going to sell.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:19 PM

Keep going dude what else do you got. All you want to do is TALK about what your car SHOULD do. Maybe my bumper has a Cobra look to it because it is a 03/04 Cobra bumper which I bought since my IC couldn't get much air with the GT one.

I really envy you Cobra so much its sick. I have it as my desktop and keep a picture of it in my wallet. I just whish I could have your car. Then I could tell everyone it SHOULD go 12s.

Also I can put my car on Autotrader and asking $50k for it but it doesn't mean its going to sell.
Those are dealers, and they do sell for that amount. Ive called around I would know. If they didnt they wouldnt sell for that much. You just have nothing to say because Im right and ur wrong.

Maybe I would go 12's with an uber awsome auto tranny. Auto's are garbage training wheels. You can talk to me when you drop a 6 speed stick into that car and do 10's.

And all you do is drop parts into youre car and drive. Ill bet I could run 10's in ur GT. Cant be that hard if you can do it. All you need is to put your foot on the gas just right. WOW! That must be reallly really HARD! OOO, you should teach me how to drive an auto! Takes lots of skill!

I see now youre one of those cobra posers. Ill bet u put the cobra emblems on the car too. Ill bet anyone who thinks about buying ur Gt will think, Wow, what a queer poser, he put cobra emblems on his GT.

youre not only a skilless wonder, ur a skilless wonder poser. Congrats on failing at life.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It always ends up this way because skilless wonder over here like arguing with me on everything. As I said, he obviously has nothing better to do.
I gotta agree with 1BADSS/SC on this one, from what I can see Yellow, whenever a mustang is brought up in any thread you come running in guns blazing saying NOTHING can beat a mustang, even when the post isn't about that. At least 1BAD can admit when a Cobalt can beat a Mustang. Heaven forbid a 4banger can beat a rustang.

PS. Cobras sell for more than GT's, that's just how it is, if you think you can find a comparable Cobra for LESS than GT then you're smoking some good ****.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:34 PM

I gotta agree with 1BADSS/SC on this one, from what I can see Yellow, whenever a mustang is brought up in any thread you come running in guns blazing saying NOTHING can beat a mustang, even when the post isn't about that. At least 1BAD can admit when a Cobalt can beat a Mustang. Heaven forbid a 4banger can beat a rustang.

PS. Cobras sell for more than GT's, that's just how it is, if you think you can find a comparable Cobra for LESS than GT then you're smoking some good ****.
X2 on that go home to your mustang forums.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:39 PM

How is that? Where have I said that? I said at the beging stock vs stock a GT would slightly beat a SS/SC from a dig and an SS/SC would pull the GT from a roll. Obvioulsly you talk about a stock or near stock GT vs a pullied Cobalt then the GT is going to lose pretty good. GTs are nowhere near unbeatalbe and I've never said otherwise.

Whats funny is anyother mustang than a 99-01 Cobra is slow in 1BAD's eyes when in fact a Vert 99-01 is nowhere near blazing fast.

Yes quite aware that Cobras sell fore more than GTs. When 03-04s are selling for low 20s (21-24k) how do you expect a 99-01 which is 4-5 years older and is no where near the performer the 03/04s were to pull even close to what the 03/04s do?

It also seems like no one can read that I picked my 04 up in July of 2005.

99-01s are wouth 12-15k and 96-98s are worth 9-11k and an 04 GT is worth around 10-12k.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM

PS. Cobras sell for more than GT's, that's just how it is, if you think you can find a comparable Cobra for LESS than GT then you're smoking some good ****. /QUOTE

Originally Posted by 07LaserBlueSS
X2 on that go home to your mustang forums.
thanks for the support. This idiot ( yellow ) hasnt even owned a SS/SC, yet hes trolling on here like hes entitled to be here in the first place.

How is that? Where have I said that? I said at the beging stock vs stock a GT would slightly beat a SS/SC from a dig and an SS/SC would pull the GT from a roll. Obvioulsly you talk about a stock or near stock GT vs a pullied Cobalt then the GT is going to lose pretty good. GTs are nowhere near unbeatalbe and I've never said otherwise.

Whats funny is anyother mustang than a 99-01 Cobra is slow in 1BAD's eyes when in fact a Vert 99-01 is nowhere near blazing fast.

Yes quite aware that Cobras sell fore more than GTs. When 03-04s are selling for low 20s (21-24k) how do you expect a 99-01 which is 4-5 years older and is no where near the performer the 03/04s were to pull even close to what the 03/04s do?

99-01s are wouth 12-15k and 96-98s are worth 9-11k and an 04 GT is worth around 10-12k.
You should get off these forums. Youre not wanted here, and you HAVENT EVEN OWNED A COBALT.

Which just shows how much MORE you fail by trolling on another car forums website, when you havent even owned the car. You would argue with the world if it were up to u. Do you see that no one wants you on here? How many more people have to chime in before youre small brain kicks in and says, " hey *******! Maybe people dont like me because Im an ass! And maybe I should leave now while Im ahead!"

Take the blatently obvious hint everyones trying to give you and leave.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 07-15-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 PM

PS. Cobras sell for more than GT's, that's just how it is, if you think you can find a comparable Cobra for LESS than GT then you're smoking some good ****. /QUOTE

thanks for the support. This idiot ( yellow ) hasnt even owned a SS/SC, yet hes trolling on here like hes entitled to be here in the first place.

You should get off these forums. Youre not wanted here, and you HAVENT EVEN OWNED A COBALT.

Which just shows how much MORE you fail by trolling on another car forums website, when you havent even owned the car. You would argue with the world if it were up to u. Do you see that no one wants you on here? How many more people have to chime in before youre small brain kicks in and says, " hey *******! Maybe people dont like me because Im an ass! And maybe I should leave now while Im ahead!"

Take the blatently obvious hint everyones trying to give you and leave.
I know you want me to leave so you can spread you bullshit with out someone caling you out on it.

I love how this is the only site where members actually complain that a non owner is on the site. If you go to anyother site there is a mixture of owners and non-owners and no one says anything but god forbid some doesn't own a Cobalt on this site.

I got on here because I was looking at an SS/SC for a DD a long time ago and just kind of hung around but never posted. Then people would make bogus claims about a mustang or another or even a few bikes for that matter and I would chime in.

The funny thing is I haven't talk **** about any SS/SC or even your Cobra and thats all you've done about my car. All I have done is stated facts and expressed my opionin on the out come of the OPs race.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:07 PM

I know you want me to leave so you can spread you bullshit with out someone caling you out on it.

I love how this is the only site where members actually complain that a non owner is on the site. If you go to anyother site there is a mixture of owners and non-owners and no one says anything but god forbid some doesn't own a Cobalt on this site.

I got on here because I was looking at an SS/SC for a DD a long time ago and just kind of hung around but never posted. Then people would make bogus claims about a mustang or another or even a few bikes for that matter and I would chime in.

The funny thing is I haven't talk **** about any SS/SC or even your Cobra and thats all you've done about my car. All I have done is stated facts and expressed my opionin on the out come of the OPs race.
havent talked sh%t my ass. Youve been arguing ever since u started trolling in this thread. And BTW, YOU started this sh*t, not me. YOURE the one who came in here and started up with me, then everyone else. The only one to blame is yourself.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:53 PM

There is another thread regarding a sc st2 verses a mustang GT with bolt ons I believe and you came in and did the same song and dance. And although you may have started out saying the SC had the edge, as soon as someone says it's easy for a cobalt to beat a GT [It is, with the right mods, and for mine it'll be a piece of cake] you change your tune and turn in to a raging defender of the mustang. Which is funny, and hypocritical, now that you're arguing with a fellow mustang owner. I think it's great that you have pride in your car, you should love what you drive, but you have to be able to admit when you can be defeated. And in all honesty, who really gives a **** what your resale value is anyway? All American cars depreciate, that's a fact of life. Go race your 2 cars, see who wins [Cough 1BADSS/SC cough] and end it.
And I'm all for non-cobalt owners to talk in these forums, but not if they're just gonna cause problems whenever they do.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
Yup, but even if you increase it's power output......the body is essentially drag limited at ~160mph.
So if you were to add 100 HP, it might top out at 155 MPH

Add another 100 HP (500 total), it might top out at 160 MPH

Add another 100 HP (600 total), what happens? Does it go faster? Or does the body fall off? After all the body is limited to ~160 MPH...

And you 2 just keep going back and forth at eachother. You will never agree on this topic.

Last edited by YSUsteven; 07-15-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-15-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by YSUsteven
So if you were to add 100 HP, it might top out at 155 MPH

Add another 100 HP (500 total), it might top out at 160 MPH

Add another 100 HP (600 total), what happens? Does it go faster? Or does the body fall off? After all the body is limited to ~160 MPH...

And you 2 just keep going back and forth at eachother. You will never agree on this topic.
Its not necessarily drag limited, its governed. If the gearing will allow a higher top speed, and the HP is there, then you could get the GT up there.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:42 PM

WOW.....there are 99billion mustangs out there. Always gonna have factory freaks. Yellow, what day did the first mustang come out? Color? Style? Who bought it? Who designed it? Ever heard of a '62 mustang? I know more about your car than you do. LOL
Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 PM

There is another thread regarding a sc st2 verses a mustang GT with bolt ons I believe and you came in and did the same song and dance. And although you may have started out saying the SC had the edge, as soon as someone says it's easy for a cobalt to beat a GT [It is, with the right mods, and for mine it'll be a piece of cake] you change your tune and turn in to a raging defender of the mustang. Which is funny, and hypocritical, now that you're arguing with a fellow mustang owner. I think it's great that you have pride in your car, you should love what you drive, but you have to be able to admit when you can be defeated. And in all honesty, who really gives a **** what your resale value is anyway? All American cars depreciate, that's a fact of life. Go race your 2 cars, see who wins [Cough 1BADSS/SC cough] and end it.
And I'm all for non-cobalt owners to talk in these forums, but not if they're just gonna cause problems whenever they do.
Maybe you should go back and read what I said again because you are WRONG. I never once started throwing a fit about a modded Cobalt beating a GT actually that wasn't the point to my first post all. I know a modded Cobalt will beat a GT and I never said other wise. Honestly I really don't care because my car is as far from stock as you can get.

My whole point was him trash talking another car like he always does. Calling a car dog **** slow and a POS when he drives almost the exact same car is stupid and pointless and shows a real good loyalty to the brand. I guess if he had a 03/04 Cobra or at least raced his car whether it be good or bad times I could understand a little where he is coming from but he doesn't.

This all coming from a guy that’s never seen the track, which is what pisses me off the most. Who the hell is he to say whats slow when hes never even raced his car, the car could run 12s or it could run 14s. Then to talk **** to me about having an auto. He trys telling everyone what his car should run or what its going to run like that means something. Multiple people that actually race tell him hes shooting a little high and all of the sudden we are wrong and are noobs because 2 guys on the internet did it.

I hope the “cough” wasn’t intending that 1BADSS/SC would win because I will assure he wouldn’t even come close.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:36 PM

Maybe you should go back and read what I said again because you are WRONG. I never once started throwing a fit about a modded Cobalt beating a GT actually that wasn't the point to my first post all. I know a modded Cobalt will beat a GT and I never said other wise. Honestly I really don't care because my car is as far from stock as you can get.

My whole point was him trash talking another car like he always does. Calling a car dog **** slow and a POS when he drives almost the exact same car is stupid and pointless and shows a real good loyalty to the brand. I guess if he had a 03/04 Cobra or at least raced his car whether it be good or bad times I could understand a little where he is coming from but he doesn't.

This all coming from a guy that’s never seen the track, which is what pisses me off the most. Who the hell is he to say whats slow when hes never even raced his car, the car could run 12s or it could run 14s. Then to talk **** to me about having an auto. He trys telling everyone what his car should run or what its going to run like that means something. Multiple people that actually race tell him hes shooting a little high and all of the sudden we are wrong and are noobs because 2 guys on the internet did it.

I hope the “cough” wasn’t intending that 1BADSS/SC would win because I will assure he wouldn’t even come close.

I actually did read that thread, and you did indeed throw a hissy fit.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JimzSS
WOW.....there are 99billion mustangs out there. Always gonna have factory freaks. Yellow, what day did the first mustang come out? Color? Style? Who bought it? Who designed it? Ever heard of a '62 mustang? I know more about your car than you do. LOL
They made quite a few prototypes in 62' the one alot of people remember is the 1962 Mustang I which was a 2 seater vert/roadster which I belive was YELLOW (didn't look anything like the Mustang in 64 though.). I have a huge book that shows every mustang made including the first prototypes. Id have to take a look at the book again.

I actually did read that thread, and you did indeed throw a hissy fit.
Show me some posts then.

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 07-15-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-15-2008, 07:50 PM

Skilless wonder poser is BACK! Wow now hes arguing with a girl. Congrats newb sauce, you are a REAL winner!

Dont try to lecture me, or her on driving skill when u 'DRIVE' an auto. Ill bet you wouldnt fair a 14 sec 1/4mi in ur GT with a 6 speed, because U SUCK AT DRIVING.

YOU LOST ALL ROOM TO TALK when u bought an auto and claimed that you have 'driver skill'.

You are a skilless wonder with a touch of poser.

They made quite a few prototypes in 62' the one alot of people remember is the 1962 Mustang I which was a 2 seater vert/roadster which I belive was YELLOW (didn't look anything like the Mustang in 64 though.). I have a huge book that shows every mustang made including the first prototypes. Id have to take a look at the book again.

Show me some posts then.
HOW BOUT THIS ONE SKILLESS WONDER:

Quote:
Id be bored of that POS stock GT too.

Shelby..... Riiiiiigggghhhhtt.

He will blow his tranny before he gets to use it on the street.

Tell him an SVT owner called him a TOOL, and an IDIOT. Also tell him that hes a retard to think he can just drop a shelby engine into the GT and make it work with the stock transmission.

I WILL HELP U BEAT HIS ASS.

TAKE THIS THREAD: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/calling-all-ss-scs-michigan-stock-gt-needs-whooping-122289/

Dude STFU. You run your mouth consistently talking **** about other cars; your car is not that fast either.

Also for being an all mighty SVT owner you have one of the lowest cars on totem pole and you are just as big of a TOOL and IDIOT as the GT owner is. You are prolly one of the least informed "SVT Owners" I know.

THAT looks like trolling to me newb sauce. Especially since it WAS UR FIRST STATEMENT IN THIS THREAD ^^^

Waaa waa goes the poser

cry more

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 07-15-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Show me some posts then.
Hmm I may have gotten some of that bologna boys posts confused with yours, you're both spouting the same dribble though so you 2 seem one in the same but regardless I know you did have some words in that other thread, and I have a good feeling that if more threads pertaining to mustangs were created you'd be first in line.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:05 PM

Skilless wonder poser is BACK! Wow now hes arguing with a girl. Congrats newb sauce, you are a REAL winner!

Dont try to lecture me, or her on driving skill when u 'DRIVE' an auto. Ill bet you wouldnt fair a 14 sec 1/4mi in ur GT with a 6 speed, because U SUCK AT DRIVING.

YOU LOST ALL ROOM TO TALK when u bought an auto and claimed that you have 'driver skill'.

You are a skilless wonder with a touch of poser.

HOW BOUT THIS ONE SKILLESS WONDER:

Quote:
Id be bored of that POS stock GT too.

Shelby..... Riiiiiigggghhhhtt.

He will blow his tranny before he gets to use it on the street.

Tell him an SVT owner called him a TOOL, and an IDIOT. Also tell him that hes a retard to think he can just drop a shelby engine into the GT and make it work with the stock transmission.

I WILL HELP U BEAT HIS ASS.

TAKE THIS THREAD: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122289

Dude STFU. You run your mouth consistently talking **** about other cars; your car is not that fast either.

Also for being an all mighty SVT owner you have one of the lowest cars on totem pole and you are just as big of a TOOL and IDIOT as the GT owner is. You are prolly one of the least informed "SVT Owners" I know.

THAT looks like trolling to me newb sauce. Especially since it WAS UR FIRST STATEMENT IN THIS THREAD ^^^
Once again you do realize I have a GT500 with a 6pd which at this time has been to the track as much as your mighty car. So actually I’m as "Skilled" as you are Napoleon.

Also the first post you sounded like an ass. Telling him his stock tranny will blow when the wouldn't even bolt up to it and to be stupid enough to think someone that would actually do that type of a swap would not use the 6spd T-6060 that came with the GT500.

Then to say "Tell him an SVT owner called his a Tool" like being an SVT owner means your something special. Come on do you know arrogant that sounds. You didn't even have a clue that an IRS is a crappy setup to race with and you going around telling someone they are a tool.

As for the last post of mine I don’t know how that’s throwing a hissy fit. I just stated that the cars have gone faster than 14.7. Kid of like when you said Cobras have gone low 13s even though very few have, especially verts.

Also since your all about “SKILLS” I thought you might like this. Actually this might be you.

Hmm I may have gotten some of that bologna boys posts confused with yours, you're both spouting the same dribble though so you 2 seem one in the same but regardless I know you did have some words in that other thread, and I have a good feeling that if more threads pertaining to mustangs were created you'd be first in line.
Hmm thats what I thought.

Well you might have problems finding them since I have from day one said its a close race from a dig with the advantage to the GT and from a roll the SS/SC wins. Once the cobalts modded lights out for the GT unless its got some serious boltons or a power adder.

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 07-15-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-15-2008, 08:15 PM

damn this has gotin good scenes yesterday!!! im still NOT a fan of the mustang
Old 07-15-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shibito
So, my friend has a 99 Mustang GT bone stock and he likes to talk about how pathetic Cobalts are... I have a 08 Cobalt Sport 2.4L bone stock. He refuses to believe that even the S/C's or T/C's could even keep within 5 car lengths of him and from what I've read around he is completely wrong. Now, my question is would I be able to run with him from a dig or any roll? By the way he says he's had his Mustang up to 180 mph and still hasn't topped it out which I personally believe is BS. Anyways, I run 93 octane gas and he runs 87 octane if that makes a difference. Any chance for my Balt?
He could easily outrun your Cobalt. Either of the FI Cobalts could run with the older ones and arent far behind the newer ones. No Mustang even the GT500 will run more than about 150 because they have lift problems and are limited. His GT probably couldnt do 150.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by emiller
He could easily outrun your Cobalt. Either of the FI Cobalts could run with the older ones and arent far behind the newer ones. No Mustang even the GT500 will run more than about 150 because they have lift problems and are limited. His GT probably couldnt do 150.
dont open this can of worms again the sc and the tc are faster them a stock i said STOCK not modded mustang

Quick Reply: Cobalt 2.4 or Mustang GT?