General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Cobalt 2.4 or Mustang GT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad05SS
dont open this can of worms again the sc and the tc are faster them a stock i said STOCK not modded mustang
New Mustangs run 0-60 around 5 seconds. The late 90s ones are high 5s. The TC and SC are in the middle. No way will his 2.4 Cobalt run with a those Mustangs.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emiller
New Mustangs run 0-60 around 5 seconds. The late 90s ones are high 5s. The TC and SC are in the middle.
still its pretty quick for a 4banger
Old 07-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

the mustang will walk you.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by emiller
He could easily outrun your Cobalt. Either of the FI Cobalts could run with the older ones and arent far behind the newer ones. No Mustang even the GT500 will run more than about 150 because they have lift problems and are limited. His GT probably couldnt do 150.
Correct the GT500 is gov limited to 145-150 but has much more in it. YOu can actually hit the limitter in 4th gear in the GT500. I havent personally done it but I saw it done on a video. The Shelby will shift into 4th at around 125-130 which I have done.

The 99-04 GTs were limited to 135ish stock.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Skilless wonder poser is BACK! Wow now hes arguing with a girl. Congrats newb sauce, you are a REAL winner!

Dont try to lecture me, or her on driving skill when u 'DRIVE' an auto. Ill bet you wouldnt fair a 14 sec 1/4mi in ur GT with a 6 speed, because U SUCK AT DRIVING.

YOU LOST ALL ROOM TO TALK when u bought an auto and claimed that you have 'driver skill'.

You are a skilless wonder with a touch of poser.

HOW BOUT THIS ONE SKILLESS WONDER:

Quote:
Id be bored of that POS stock GT too.

Shelby..... Riiiiiigggghhhhtt.

He will blow his tranny before he gets to use it on the street.

Tell him an SVT owner called him a TOOL, and an IDIOT. Also tell him that hes a retard to think he can just drop a shelby engine into the GT and make it work with the stock transmission.

I WILL HELP U BEAT HIS ASS.

TAKE THIS THREAD: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/calling-all-ss-scs-michigan-stock-gt-needs-whooping-122289/

Dude STFU. You run your mouth consistently talking **** about other cars; your car is not that fast either.

Also for being an all mighty SVT owner you have one of the lowest cars on totem pole and you are just as big of a TOOL and IDIOT as the GT owner is. You are prolly one of the least informed "SVT Owners" I know.

THAT looks like trolling to me newb sauce. Especially since it WAS UR FIRST STATEMENT IN THIS THREAD ^^^

Waaa waa goes the poser

cry more
ATTN Mr. "SVT". I noticed that you are from NY. You've said before that there aren't any tracks around you. I'm from NY too, and there are no tracks by me either. Tomorow afternoon I'll be driving to Island Dragway in NJ, about 250 miles round trip. If you can hit some of your buddies up for gas money, why don't you drag that Cobra over there. You talk a lot of **** and instigate even more. Any SS's are welcome to show up too. I only drive a bolt on S197 Mustang and don't shittalk. If you've gpt something bring it. I'll have someone running a camera.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:26 PM

2.4L FTW!!!! for the money get a brand new 08 and be on the heels of a 99 in no time, if you are a good driver that is.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:39 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Dunkinuts
2.4L FTW!!!! for the money get a brand new 08 and be on the heels of a 99 in no time, if you are a good driver that is.
Ummm... I have an 08...
Old 07-16-2008, 11:05 AM

Track opens at 4p.m. Mr. SVT. Address is 20 Island Road, Great Meadows, NJ 07838. Only 15 bucks to get in and free bbq. See if your Cobra can break 13's.

If any Cobalts feel like showing up, I'd like to see what a SS/SC-TC can do in person. I'm considering a SS/TC for a daily driver.

Cheap day at the track.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Shibito
Ummm... I have an 08...
reading > me

well I think you will lose but with some mods (bolt ons) you could be pushing really close. But once he starts mod'n you will need spray or boost to truly keep up.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Dunkinuts
reading > me

well I think you will lose but with some mods (bolt ons) you could be pushing really close. But once he starts mod'n you will need spray or boost to truly keep up.
He says he has all these great mods planned for this winter and I don't see where he's gonna pull the money from, he's paid minimum wage and last week he said he was only make enough money to keep gas in his tank, now he says he'll be making 5k a month by the end of the year which is complete BS! I can NOT picture a 18 year old making 60k a year without even a year experience of work and only a high school diploma. By the way he works at Kan Rock Tire which basically only handles problems with/purchasing new tires and he was hired like a month ago...
Old 07-16-2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bad05SS
dont open this can of worms again the sc and the tc are faster them a stock i said STOCK not modded mustang
If you're going to make a claim, there are a couple things you should include:

1. What MODEL Mustang are you talking about? I would ASSume GT, but you didn't say.
2. What type of "race" are you talking about? 1/4-mile? Roll? Open Track? Auto-X?
3. Provide some sort of evidence or times to back up your claim.

As it sits, now... your statement is uselessly vague and baseless... so it serves no purpose other than cluttering up this thread even more than it already is.

This goes for comparisons of ANY cars... not just Cobalt vs. Mustang.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 AM

yeah the 99-04 stangs are nice but i can beat modded ones, so im sure a bunch of us on here could beat him pretty bad if hes bone stock lol
Old 07-16-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Once again you do realize I have a GT500 with a 6pd which at this time has been to the track as much as your mighty car. So actually I’m as "Skilled" as you are Napoleon.

Also the first post you sounded like an ass. Telling him his stock tranny will blow when the wouldn't even bolt up to it and to be stupid enough to think someone that would actually do that type of a swap would not use the 6spd T-6060 that came with the GT500.

Then to say "Tell him an SVT owner called his a Tool" like being an SVT owner means your something special. Come on do you know arrogant that sounds. You didn't even have a clue that an IRS is a crappy setup to race with and you going around telling someone they are a tool.

As for the last post of mine I don’t know how that’s throwing a hissy fit. I just stated that the cars have gone faster than 14.7. Kid of like when you said Cobras have gone low 13s even though very few have, especially verts.

Also since your all about “SKILLS” I thought you might like this. Actually this might be you.

Hmm thats what I thought.

Well you might have problems finding them since I have from day one said its a close race from a dig with the advantage to the GT and from a roll the SS/SC wins. Once the cobalts modded lights out for the GT unless its got some serious boltons or a power adder.
WOW. Congrats on having a 6 speed, and driving a real tranny. However, if Im not mistaken, you barely drive the thing, which is what you said in one of your other posts. My stick is my DD, and I have been driving stick as a DD for years now. You have A LOT of catching up to do if you even want to compare where my skill lies, and yours does.

You drive an AUTO as a DD. I can GUARANTEE I am better at stick than you are. NTM, its TOO BAD ur track car is an auto. Seeing how you barely drive the GT500, Ill bet you hardly ever beat on it. And Ill bet when you do, you grind those gears up realll nice.

As for the tranny, you mean to tell me its completely impossible to fabricate the hell out of it to MAKE it fit? It would be a hack job, but obviously this GT owner thinks he can pull it off.

I said he would blow his tranny if he got it working.

And ya know what, the GT owner says all cobalts are crap. They are not. Its obvious you share the same narrow minded, ignorant mentality, considering thats all youve been doing is defending this retard.

And it does mean something to be an SVT owner. It means I dont like buying chick cars. It means I want the TOP performance model. It means I wont settle for second best. It means my cobra is better than the GT, and the V6. Its the same reason you bought the GT500. Why settle, when you can get the best.

Besides that, there are A LOT more cocky GT's out there because young kids can afford them. They think their GT is the best thing since sliced bread. If this idiot wants to call the SS/SC crap, when it is a superior car to the GT, then he needs a good pounding from a SS.

Full bolt ons in a GT wont help it keep up with a stage 2 full bolt on. In a dig, it may help, but roll or higway it will get destroyed.

The GT would need some serious work done to it to keep up in a roll. Id love to see this idiot get put in his place.

BTW, congrats on realizing chicks dig guys who have skill
Old 07-16-2008, 12:01 PM

I daily drive a sick car, and it's only a lowly GT. I'm gonna leave soon for the track. I'd love to see how that TOP performance model does. I'm guessing since you're a really really really good driver, maybe low 14's.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I daily drive a sick car, and it's only a lowly GT. I'm gonna leave soon for the track. I'd love to see how that TOP performance model does. I'm guessing since you're a really really really good driver, maybe low 14's.
Id love to make it out there to give ya a good spankin. However, I work mon-fri 11-8, so thats def not going to work out. I will be hitting up the 1/8mi track I have out here soon. I will post slips when I do.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:13 PM

Call in sick?

Where are you in NY?

Last edited by BigBlue; 07-16-2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2008, 12:25 PM

Call in sick?

Where are you in NY?
WNY, near buffalo.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I should take my GT to the track soon. Get those good summer runs in. I wonder what I would trap.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 PM

Call in sick?

Where are you in NY?

Are you running N20, FI, or is it straight engine.

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
I should take my GT to the track soon. Get those good summer runs in. I wonder what I would trap.
You can probly expect to see mid to low 13's in the 1/4. Maybe better, you said you have 350 whp?

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 07-16-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 PM

You can probly expect to see mid to low 13's in the 1/4. Maybe better, you said you have 350 whp?
No, I make 350 crank hp. 298rwhp/320rwtq. I don't know what that will get me. I know that on the bottle its supposed to be at best 11.2-11.3 (431rwhp/560rwtq w/150 wet shot)
Old 07-16-2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
No, I make 350 crank hp. 298rwhp/320rwtq. I don't know what that will get me. I know that on the bottle its supposed to be at best 11.2-11.3 (431rwhp/560rwtq w/150 wet shot)
I think youll do pretty good at the track. Is that 150 shot safe? I know I cant wait to run a 100 shot.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:04 PM

I think youll do pretty good at the track. Is that 150 shot safe? I know I cant wait to run a 100 shot.
Yeah, it's at a 11.5 AFR with a 6* spark retard. It's as safe as a 150 shot will get. Transmission could grenade though, but the motor is good for it.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:10 PM

WOW. Congrats on having a 6 speed, and driving a real tranny. However, if Im not mistaken, you barely drive the thing, which is what you said in one of your other posts. My stick is my DD, and I have been driving stick as a DD for years now. You have A LOT of catching up to do if you even want to compare where my skill lies, and yours does.

You drive an AUTO as a DD. I can GUARANTEE I am better at stick than you are. NTM, its TOO BAD ur track car is an auto. Seeing how you barely drive the GT500, Ill bet you hardly ever beat on it. And Ill bet when you do, you grind those gears up realll nice.
Yes the Shelby has like 3XXXmiles on it. I just putt around town in it and have taken it to a few local hangouts. I don’t DD my GT either so I don’t know what the whole point of your argument is. The funny thing is you act as though these are the only two cars I’ve ever drove in my whole life. Well I hate to break it to you but they are not and they aren’t the only cars I’ve raced either. I have a lot of catching up to do? Shut your mouth little boy because I’ve made more 11sec passes in 6spd cars than you ever will.

I’m still trying to get this straight, you are the bestest driver in the world but you’ve never been to the track, right? You just drive it on the street? Ok got it.

As for the tranny, you mean to tell me its completely impossible to fabricate the hell out of it to MAKE it fit? It would be a hack job, but obviously this GT owner thinks he can pull it off.

I said he would blow his tranny if he got it working.
NO THE TRANSMISSION WOULD NOT FIT. Also WHY on earth would any one every do it? The GT owner never said that either dipshit. Thanks for clarifying that a transmission that can’t be used blow man, its good info to know.

And ya know what, the GT owner says all cobalts are crap. They are not. Its obvious you share the same narrow minded, ignorant mentality, considering thats all youve been doing is defending this retard.
You say all GTs are **** and they aren’t so whats your point? I also NEVER said that Cobalts were **** and I haven’t defended him. I’ve pointed out your stupid comments.

And it does mean something to be an SVT owner. It means I dont like buying chick cars. It means I want the TOP performance model. It means I wont settle for second best. It means my cobra is better than the GT, and the V6. Its the same reason you bought the GT500. Why settle, when you can get the best.
It doesn’t mean **** to be an SVT owner coming from someone who has owned two which were both better than a 9-01 Cobra. HAHA you don’t like buying chick cars, your car looks almost exactly like a V6 it even has the same hood that they used on the V6s from 03/04 and it’s a VERT!! Why did you buy a 99-01 if you wanted the top performance model and didn’t want to settle for second best? Should have bought a 03/04 Cobra or even a Lightning for that matter. The only thing you car has over the other Mustangs is the badge and a crappy IRS since your motor was in the 03/04 Mach 1.

Also your car is the reason why they didn’t release any 02 Cobras (In America). John Colletti was driving the 02 Cobra which was just like and 01 and it couldn’t pull away from the SVT Focus in the twisties and couldn’t pull the Lightning in the Straightaway. So he killed the program for a year and redesigned the whole car giving you what is know today as the 2003-2004 Cobra.

Don’t believe me? Read his book Iron Fist Lead Foot

Besides that, there are A LOT more cocky GT's out there because young kids can afford them. They think their GT is the best thing since sliced bread. If this idiot wants to call the SS/SC crap, when it is a superior car to the GT, then he needs a good pounding from a SS.
There are a lot of lower class Cocky Cobras out there, like you. They think just because they got the three letters and the Snake there the ****. You know how many Cobras, 03/04s included, have talk **** to me? There attitude changes once we race and I’ve only lost to 2 which were both 04s with KBs and built motors.

The guy needs to get beat for running his mouth I agree. Say the Cobalt is a far superior car, I don’t know. It will out handle the GT any day of the week and has a way better ride and interior. Performance wise I’m going to say no just because it takes 100-150shot of nitrous or a blower on a GT and its game over.

Full bolt ons in a GT wont help it keep up with a stage 2 full bolt on. In a dig, it may help, but roll or higway it will get destroyed.

The GT would need some serious work done to it to keep up in a roll. Id love to see this idiot get put in his place.
Once again I never said the GT would dominate.

The GT would need 100-150shot to beat a Cobalt from a roll, not what I would call serious work.

OMG now the guy thts NEVER been to the track is telling people what the shoud run.

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 07-16-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2008, 01:12 PM

Dude I beat GTs all day in mine. Unless they are modded. I have only went with one that had an exhaust and I beat him so you should be fine. or he can come to va and ill beat him lol
Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by HawkMThe
Dude I beat GTs all day in mine. Unless they are modded. I have only went with one that had an exhaust and I beat him so you should be fine. or he can come to va and ill beat him lol
No offense, but a 2.4 with light bolt-ons *shouldn't* be beating 99-04 GT's and certainly not 05+ GT's.

I'm not saying it didn't happen... I'm saying that if you put a good driver in a 5-speed 99-04 GT, you're going to see a different result. That is, unless you're running low 14's, somehow.

Quick Reply: Cobalt 2.4 or Mustang GT?