General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Cobalt owners are horrible

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt owners are horrible

So I've finally had it enough to speak out. I don't care if you say "well your too into the site or the car" or whatever else you may say.

What i'm sick of is people, especially some certain SS/SC owners disrespecting other cobalt owners. Seriously theres a lot of ******* owners, and no i'm not sugar coating any of this. Honestly, I've counted in recent memory at least 5 threads where i've seen a member ask about modding his 2.2 or even 2.4 to get some more horsepower, it could be something as simple as an exhaust or cams or pistons. But the fact is members are speaking out there ass and instead of helping the member mod HIS or HER own car they say "Should have bought an SS/SC"

ITs as if some SS/SC owners on this site don't care about any other model besides theres, and thats the only way it can be. Instead of suggesting a cam or exhaust its "your getting no where modding your 2.2" yet no one cares to ask "what kind of build are you going for" or "are you modding a daily driver budget car for weekend fun?" No one asks that. And its getting old.

Yes I know the SS/SC is the "Top of the line" model but each model has their own group in which they appeal to. Not everyone wants a supercharged vehicle, not everyone wants the huge wing or SS body kit, not everyone wants the top model. Some of us bought the base model because at the time money was a little tight or smaller monthly payments or what have you. But is that any reason to hate or suggest to buy a different model when someone wishes to mod their base model or sedan or 2.4? I think this is stupid.

Honestly I see this as being one of the reasons the members of the site are in shambles half the time and eating at each others throat.

What I Ask of ALL Cobalt owners/members of the site is instead of suggesting to buy a different model or whatever else you can think of, try helping the person. Instead of starting a huge flame war because theres a kit out for a car that can make it equal in power to another model why don't we do our research, and try to help each other out.

And for god sakes keep this civil, I can already tell it will be locked soon or someone will come in and be an ass, but think about it.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

You dont love me rally
Old 02-06-2007, 06:19 PM

You are disrepecting cobalt owners.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:20 PM

not another one of these....
Old 02-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
agreed
Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Allshot
You dont love me rally
Nobody loves you Davey except maybe Adam(NJHK)
Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

So because no one cared to actually read and take into account cobalt owners are always at each other throats at stupid **** we spam a worthwhile thread.

Thanks guys
Old 02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Banned

^^^^^ But I dont want his lovin
Old 02-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Allshot
^^^^^ But I dont want his lovin
you know you want some of that bad black booty! on a side note Rally has a point if a 2.2 owner asks for "parts advice" dont spam the thread and say"just buy an SS/sc" and the same for you 2.4 guys=when a ss/sc guy is having engine problems and that owner is asking for advice dont spam his thread and say " you should have bought the more advanced vvti engine" cause theses remarks don't help no one.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by g5mike
you know you want some of that bad black booty! on a side note Rally has a point if a 2.2 owner asks for "parts advice" dont spam the thread and say"just buy an SS/sc" and the same for you 2.4 guys=when a ss/sc guy is having engine problems and that owner is asking for advice dont spam his thread and say " you should have bought the more advanced vvti engine" cause theses remarks don't help no one.
I think Rally+MIke= Love
Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
So I've finally had it enough to speak out. I don't care if you say "well your too into the site or the car" or whatever else you may say.

What i'm sick of is people, especially some certain SS/SC owners disrespecting other cobalt owners. Seriously theres a lot of ******* owners, and no i'm not sugar coating any of this. Honestly, I've counted in recent memory at least 5 threads where i've seen a member ask about modding his 2.2 or even 2.4 to get some more horsepower, it could be something as simple as an exhaust or cams or pistons. But the fact is members are speaking out there ass and instead of helping the member mod HIS or HER own car they say "Should have bought an SS/SC"

ITs as if some SS/SC owners on this site don't care about any other model besides theres, and thats the only way it can be. Instead of suggesting a cam or exhaust its "your getting no where modding your 2.2" yet no one cares to ask "what kind of build are you going for" or "are you modding a daily driver budget car for weekend fun?" No one asks that. And its getting old.

Yes I know the SS/SC is the "Top of the line" model but each model has their own group in which they appeal to. Not everyone wants a supercharged vehicle, not everyone wants the huge wing or SS body kit, not everyone wants the top model. Some of us bought the base model because at the time money was a little tight or smaller monthly payments or what have you. But is that any reason to hate or suggest to buy a different model when someone wishes to mod their base model or sedan or 2.4? I think this is stupid.

Honestly I see this as being one of the reasons the members of the site are in shambles half the time and eating at each others throat.

What I Ask of ALL Cobalt owners/members of the site is instead of suggesting to buy a different model or whatever else you can think of, try helping the person. Instead of starting a huge flame war because theres a kit out for a car that can make it equal in power to another model why don't we do our research, and try to help each other out.

And for god sakes keep this civil, I can already tell it will be locked soon or someone will come in and be an ass, but think about it.
Good Post...I agree with you man. People need to help out more, not disrespect. Ohh well, something everyone just has to deal with. No fixing the world...
Old 02-06-2007, 06:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
cant we all just get along....

oh yeah .... WAAAAAH!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think most of the threads you have been seeing are the " I think I will supercharge my cobalt, or turbo charge my cobalt threads"

Those people should have started with the LSJ, because by the time they dump the money into a base model they could have paid for a properly modified SS with better suspension and tranny. Those people should go back to the dealer and get an SS/SC, plus it will cost them less over time since they will have a warranty, and be able to finance the difference.

This is cobalt ss.net

not cobalt ls or lt or base.net

then again there should be a coablt sssc.net

This should be a 2.4 site

but ya those pointless spams are retarded..just know ur place 2.2<2.4<2.0

Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
So because no one cared to actually read and take into account cobalt owners are always at each other throats at stupid **** we spam a worthwhile thread.

Thanks guys

I am new to this site and I have to say that trying to read a tread is pointless there might be a handfull of good reply and two dozen bul **** ones. If the threads would not be so much like; ha ha your cars sucks or your full of ****, flame on the post might be useful.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 PM
p7x

I have never said ***** like that to anyone owning any type of cobalt (I hope), i like to think i am helpful whenever I can.

BUT..... suck it up muffin, the SS S/C guys get ragged on all the time about being slow and a cavi replacement with a weak S/C, by faster cars. Everyone makes choices in life and you need to stick by that and not care what other ppl think or make a different choice. As long as you are happy with your car, thats all that matters.

P.S. leave the whining to the S/C
Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
I think most of the threads you have been seeing are the " I think I will supercharge my cobalt, or turbo charge my cobalt threads"

Those people should have started with the LSJ, because by the time they dump the money into a base model they could have paid for a properly modified SS with better suspension and tranny. Those people should go back to the dealer and get an SS/SC, plus it will cost them less over time since they will have a warranty, and be able to finance the difference.

I would have to agree!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by djt81185
This is cobalt ss.net

Are you implying because of the websites name, LS/LT owners should keep to themselves?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:43 PM

I know what your saying, but it doesn't really bother me that much. I mean i wish i could have gotten the ss/sc and for someone to think that i didn't even take it into consideration and them telling me that i should have would just cause me to have an epiphany and run out to trade in my cobalt isnt worth my time. But on the flipside there are a hell of alot of sssc owners who have helped me out, but i guess its just that one bad person who stands out
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM

not necessarly, if you put money into a base model cobalt you will be paying for a base cobalt insurance rate rather then a s/c sports car rate. and it will not cost less over time because of these rates. lets just for an example.

my insurance runs me 205 a month. and s/c i belive i got an estimate at 330 a month. that would be an extra 1500 a year just in insurance. nevermind the car payments would be about 1/3 higher then they are now. paying that much more per month would make it harder to save money for mods to the car since most of the money would be going to the car payment and insurence. also warranties already up anyways and i never needed to get anything fixed under my warranty except for the recalls.

not to mention the S/C werent even available to me at the time of purchasing my cobalt.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Agreed

Originally Posted by p7x
I have never said ***** like that to anyone owning any type of cobalt (I hope), i like to think i am helpful whenever I can.

BUT..... suck it up muffin, the SS S/C guys get ragged on all the time about being slow and a cavi replacement with a weak S/C, by faster cars. Everyone makes choices in life and you need to stick by that and not care what other ppl think or make a different choice. As long as you are happy with your car, thats all that matters.

P.S. leave the whining to the S/C
x2!

I think we should all just respect our fellow enthusiasts. But, in the same, cobalts in general get ragged on. AND its the same way some of us call everything we don't like "rice".
Old 02-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Banned

The LS/LT are the best starting points to go fast as far money is concerned.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Civility? Just to clarify what Rallyyellow06 is looking for, this is one of his posted quotes: "******* read up on modding before you post again please"

Do you feel the love....
Old 02-06-2007, 06:50 PM

One comment to shuddup a arrogant SS/SC guy .....fact : All the fastest ecotec combo's currently are based off the 2.2

I never got why people shoot down the 2.4 and 2.2 . You can buy them cheap , and if u choose your build wisely , u can make a **** ton of power .
Old 02-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by djt81185
This is cobalt ss.net

This is another thing I hate.

"Well its cobaltss.net get off you LS/LT owners" Its crap like that that should stop.

And how the hell are you talking, you drive a ION!

Plus the LS/LT is a great starter budget mod car. You can easily slap on a turob or procharger and still come out less or equal to what many ss/sc owners paid originaly. And still have the same or more whp.

Quick Reply: Cobalt owners are horrible