General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Cobalt owners are horrible

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
This is another thing I hate.

"Well its cobaltss.net get off you LS/LT owners" Its crap like that that should stop.

And how the hell are you talking, you drive a ION!

Plus the LS/LT is a great starter budget mod car. You can easily slap on a turob or procharger and still come out less or equal to what many ss/sc owners paid originaly. And still have the same or more whp.
Yes he has an ION, but he's not bitching about being shunned either.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cobalter LS
Civility? Just to clarify what Rallyyellow06 is looking for, this is one of his posted quotes: "******* read up on modding before you post again please"

Do you feel the love....
Although I agree with this thread, I also agree he is being a huge hypocrite by posting it. He is one of the most negative members on this board.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cobalter LS
Civility? Just to clarify what Rallyyellow06 is looking for, this is one of his posted quotes: "******* read up on modding before you post again please"

Do you feel the love....
And thank you for taking an example of what OTHER owners are saying to members looking for advice. You sir are an idiot and should seriously stop posting. Read the entire post before picking out parts and trying to turn them around against me.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:54 PM

I still dont understand why people buy 2.2's to mod them for speed.. especally when they want to dump 4-5k into a turbo system..

If you want a 2.2 or 2.4 then buy one, they are very nice cars, excellent fuel economy.. just dont ask about turbo or supercharger systems and expect a legitimate response.

You'll get the same response on F-body forums if your looking to mod your V6.. yeah some do.. but the $/hp is just not smart!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
god these threads suck.
there is so much ****** E-***** worry about this stuff its not funny.

some ss/sc owners.....a small percentage in truth....think that they have the biggest, and think that gives them the right to rag on others.

Some 2.2/2.4 owners have a massive E-***** envy problem, and think that ANY form of comment directed at them from ANY ss/sc owner is automatically about the size of their E-peen.

if your happy with your purchase....and dont regret it secretly like some obviously do....
then all this stupid **** wont matter, because you would realise that those attitudes are for the most part the minority.

stop getting so bent out of shape about it. and making threads that generalise and bash other trim level owners because you think everyone is out to hate on your trim level.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by STI>>>SS/SC
Although I agree with this thread, I also agree he is being a huge hypocrite by posting it. He is one of the most negative members on this board.
You know what, I respect your opinion, however being here for far less than a month you've not seen 90% of my posts. So passing judgement on the few posts i've had while your around is fine, please don't make it out to be i'm a huge *******. I'm only an "*******" when it comes time to be.

This thread was not me being an *******, this thread was me calling out to the community to stop flaming on others and suggesting all other models are ****
Old 02-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TVS_SS
I still dont understand why people buy 2.2's to mod them for speed.. especally when they want to dump 4-5k into a turbo system..

If you want a 2.2 or 2.4 then buy one, they are very nice cars, excellent fuel economy.. just dont ask about turbo or supercharger systems and expect a legitimate response.

You'll get the same response on F-body forums if your looking to mod your V6.. yeah some do.. but the $/hp is just not smart!
i don't think most people specifically buy a 2.2 with the idea of speed in mind... they bought it because it was an economical purchase... so you can't make your car faster? why don't you just get a faster car instead of modding your cobalt, there are plenty of cars that are faster... but, people get a cobalt because they like the car... i don't see any problem with someone putting a turbo/supercharger on a 2.2... i feel like this is an ignorant statement
Banned

Originally Posted by TVS_SS

2.2l are the BEST for modding.
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know what, I respect your opinion, however being here for far less than a month you've not seen 90% of my posts. So passing judgement on the few posts i've had while your around is fine, please don't make it out to be i'm a huge *******. I'm only an "*******" when it comes time to be.

This thread was not me being an *******, this thread was me calling out to the community to stop flaming on others and suggesting all other models are ****
he's been around a lil longer than a month

It is almost as if we all live together and cobaltss.net is one huge reality show. There is so much drama on these boards it is not even funny. I think part of the reason is most of our members are immature teenagers or just immature people in general. When I first signed up on this site, it was awesome... not too many members, no flaming, no fights... We can voice our opinions of this site, but that doesn't mean common sense doesn't come into play. Don't let a member's car affect how you treat them as a person.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
he's been around a lil longer than a month
ahaha, just a lil.

This is another thing I hate.

"Well its cobaltss.net get off you LS/LT owners" Its crap like that that should stop.

And how the hell are you talking, you drive a ION!

Plus the LS/LT is a great starter budget mod car. You can easily slap on a turob or procharger and still come out less or equal to what many ss/sc owners paid originaly. And still have the same or more whp.
I think the other reason why i dont get bashed much is because i generally post useful information...the search feature i there use it.

Tho Ive been known to correct people for posting wrong info but that seems to get me banned yay css.net

and for cost vs performance ratio...by the time u make a 2.2 car comparable to a ss/sc with oem quality parts in terms of suspension and powertrain ur at the price of the performance model with many more headaches and no warranty (any modded car is gonna give u headaches...I have yet to see anything that runs/drive like stock...even my car gives me headaches time to time).

And thank you for taking an example of what OTHER owners are saying to members looking for advice. You sir are an idiot and should seriously stop posting. Read the entire post before picking out parts and trying to turn them around against me.
So now you are calling people idiots yet again. Grow up. You seriously are as negative, if not more so than anyone else on these forums.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:01 PM

For those who need a better example.

when you were in school back in the day of if you still are in school.

When the teacher heres one or two kids swearing in the classroom the teacher will notify the whole classroom rand say "please do not swear in class plese, thanks everybody" ..so she or he who were swearing does not get singled out. But in this way the kids who cursed in the first place really know shes talking to them..

so if this thread does not relate to you. dont worry about it
Old 02-06-2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by STI>>>SS/SC
LOL, I just posted that, I didn't even read this!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:03 PM

I'm sorry.. but posting about this stuff will only cause arguments

Nobody will change their minds..

I still feel my SS/SC is just a cheap economy car (because it is)
Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
god these threads suck.
there is so much ****** E-***** worry about this stuff its not funny.

some ss/sc owners.....a small percentage in truth....think that they have the biggest, and think that gives them the right to rag on others.

Some 2.2/2.4 owners have a massive E-***** envy problem, and think that ANY form of comment directed at them from ANY ss/sc owner is automatically about the size of their E-peen.

if your happy with your purchase....and dont regret it secretly like some obviously do....
then all this stupid **** wont matter, because you would realise that those attitudes are for the most part the minority.

stop getting so bent out of shape about it. and making threads that generalise and bash other trim level owners because you think everyone is out to hate on your trim level.

Perfectly said! There isn't nearly as big of a problem as some of you 2.2//2.4 guys want there to be. It's a few bad apples giving all of us a bad name. You 2.2/2.4 guys have bad apples too.

I do think this place is going downhill though, but not only because of the negativity but because there is a group of people who just post to post and often don't have anything worth while to say. It makes reading through threads that may have useful information extremely tedious and boring.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Banned

Well this thread will be locked via my request.

Instead of members taking something serious as a serious matter you decide to bash on a member and take items out of context. thats fine, i'm a better man and will let you have your e-mucho man fun.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:28 PM

F#$% all you guys. I'm going to go buy an Evo

THis website has close to 15k members, probably 1-2 k post regularly. How can you expect that out of that many people, there wont be some punks. I can't even go into a movie theater with 100 people without hating at least 2-3 by the time it's over. We can't win against the law of probability.

Seriously though, I think it's gotten alot better in here since I joined last fall. Most everybody is cool in my book.

I realize it's CobaltSS.net, but have you guys checked out *************.
It's so boring. Let's get all the cool people in here, no matter what they drive

HAHA HA THese tricky guys edited out my link. I'm referring to C0balt55.C0M
That's the only way to sneak it by
Old 02-06-2007, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by djt81185
and for cost vs performance ratio...by the time u make a 2.2 car comparable to a ss/sc with oem quality parts in terms of suspension and powertrain ur at the price of the performance model with many more headaches and no warranty).

dear god i hope you dont consider that pos drivetrain the sssc has quality
Old 02-06-2007, 07:33 PM

omg this thread is awesome! where the hell is that pop corn smiley.....
Old 02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by BravoPuma6
omg this thread is awesome! where the hell is that pop corn smiley.....
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
cant we all just get along....

oh yeah .... WAAAAAH!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
I think most of the threads you have been seeing are the " I think I will supercharge my cobalt, or turbo charge my cobalt threads"

Those people should have started with the LSJ, because by the time they dump the money into a base model they could have paid for a properly modified SS with better suspension and tranny. Those people should go back to the dealer and get an SS/SC, plus it will cost them less over time since they will have a warranty, and be able to finance the difference.

I can't totally agree with you on this comment. If you buy a car that is already done from the factory, it's completely different than if you mod the car with a turbo or S/C yourself. There is a lot more respect for people that build their cars themselves instead of buying them already done from the factory. I hope this makes sense and I'm sure I will probably get flamed for this as well.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by redSSBalt
I can't totally agree with you on this comment. If you buy a car that is already done from the factory, it's completely different than if you mod the car with a turbo or S/C yourself. There is a lot more respect for people that build their cars themselves instead of buying them already done from the factory. I hope this makes sense and I'm sure I will probably get flamed for this as well.
I agree with you for the most part, but lack of tuning for the L61 makes that kinda hard
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mercury
It is almost as if we all live together and cobaltss.net is one huge reality show. There is so much drama on these boards it is not even funny. I think part of the reason is most of our members are immature teenagers or just immature people in general. When I first signed up on this site, it was awesome... not too many members, no flaming, no fights... We can voice our opinions of this site, but that doesn't mean common sense doesn't come into play. Don't let a member's car affect how you treat them as a person.

You are correct on this. Most of the members on this site are teenagers that are immature and still wet behind the ears. They seem to forget the fact that the Cobalt is still an economy car. Doesn't matter if it's the base or the SS/SC, it's still an econobox!!

Quick Reply: Cobalt owners are horrible