General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Cobalt Rebate

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt Rebate

I was just checking out Chevy's website and noticed that the $750 cash back doesn't apply to the SS model anymore. What a buncha crap!!!!!!!! Now I'll have to rely on ,y dealership discounting the car like they told me they would!
Their interest rates for financing on the SS blow too!!!
When my dealership said that they could probably come pretty close to what I could get elsewhere I wanted to laugh in their face, I'll give them a chance but it doesn't look like they be able to compete on interests rates. Unless there's a drastic change in the next month or so.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Voodoosoup
I was just checking out Chevy's website and noticed that the $750 cash back doesn't apply to the SS model anymore. What a buncha crap!!!!!!!! Now I'll have to rely on ,y dealership discounting the car like they told me they would!
Their interest rates for financing on the SS blow too!!!
When my dealership said that they could probably come pretty close to what I could get elsewhere I wanted to laugh in their face, I'll give them a chance but it doesn't look like they be able to compete on interests rates. Unless there's a drastic change in the next month or so.
Yeah I am probably just going to get my own financing. That's unfortunate they changed the cash back. But I kind of figured that from the beginning.

Does Doug know how they are going to work the discounts for the sunroof/cd player deal for a preorder before Oct 15th?
Old 12-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't like the rates wait a month or two. Seriously, we get new rates at least once a month when I work at the dealership, of course the worst rates are right at the beginning of the year. By August or September I'm sure there will be 0% (or close) purchase financing available. I'm not sure how the lease will work out, but I heard that residuals in general are going up, and I expect resale to be decent on the SS so you should be able to get a cheap payment.