General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Cobalt SS: Are you sick of waiting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cobalt SS: Are you sick of waiting?

I am really sick of all the GM bashing !!!
They know what they are doing and if you just can’t wait for the SS, sucks to be you!
Go get a different car.

Honesty, if you need a car now, bitching about a new model not being out yet won't help.

This post is not directed at anyone in particular. I just can’t take it anymore
Old 03-03-2005, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, but I think I can understand where some people are coming from. I mean I've only been psyched about getting this car since early January-February when I saw it in my Road and Track. I didn't even know it existed before then. Some people pre-ordered an SS as early as September of 2004, that's been 6 months of waiting. With people talking of getting theirs in September as a 2006 model nobody wants to wait a whole year for a car. I'm glad I can't afford to buy one yet, cause I would probably get sick of waiting too.

Vendian.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by JonelZ
I am really sick of all the GM bashing !!!
They know what they are doing and if you just can’t wait for the SS, sucks to be you!
Go get a different car.

Honesty, if you need a car now, bitching about a new model not being out yet won't help.

This post is not directed at anyone in particular. I just can’t take it anymore
Yeah its getting very old....

And as far as the septermber 06 stuff. As far as we have heard that just affects GM Canada orders. No one here in the US with a build date has been notified of this. My order has also not changed and was accepted into production as an 05 Cobalt SS/SC today.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by Vendian
I've only been psyched about getting this car since early January-February when I saw it in my Road and Track. I didn't even know it existed before then. Some people pre-ordered an SS as early as September of 2004.
I've been psyched about getting this car since exactly one year ago when I started this site
Old 03-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Banned

I also agree. People act like GM is purposely causing delays, like its some conspiracy theory or something. I can definitely see where they are coming from, but its not worth becoming extremely upset over it.

I'm sure GM is doing their best to get the Cobalts out - I mean seriously, think about it - why would they want to cause delays? The more cars they can produce and ship out, the more satisfied customers they have and the more money they can make.

Hopefully they will be able to get things sorted out soon; I'm looking forward to seeing some Cobalts on the road
Old 03-03-2005, 10:59 PM

my point

the cobalt is being used on same assembly line or i could be wrong, why is that the usa have no problems and canada they have delays

im not upset, just g.m canada is telling me one thing the dealer has a different story,im also trading in my car,but before i made the deal i asked my salesmen when ill get the car he told me 2-4 weeks as he had several coming in, so i found out about this forum and hear what u all ready heard about the delays so i called my gm dealer to get the order# so i called gm canada they told i had a build date of march 28,and it got pushed back untill sept thats a huge wait for me,my dealer is telling me thats bullshit and also i was at the toronto car show, two reps from gm had two different storys on build date one said may and other said october as cobalt is only a concept car, there project it will be available for a 2006
Old 03-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Site Founder

We don’t even have them in the US yet! (the SS that is)
Old 03-03-2005, 11:07 PM

g.m canada told me today that there not building as they will in sept there ran out of sheet metal or somthing like that and they stop production building for canada so why whould build for usa when its on same assenbly line
Old 03-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

hell I haven't even seen a coupe yet. The people who have ordered one back in Aug-Oct. have the right to bitch, some one like me who just order back in Jan. can wait til next year. Hell I'll have my Cavy paid off, and will have more of a downpayment for the Cobalt.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by JonelZ
I've been psyched about getting this car since exactly one year ago when I started this site
JonelZ, do you know anything about making websites or whatver, or did you learn so you could make this particular site? What I guess I'm asking is whether you coded this yourself in say...dreamweaver or did you get like a template???
Old 03-03-2005, 11:12 PM

i seen a coupe as well as 4dr in canada.toronto ontario locate on gmcanada.com
Old 03-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Site Founder

Originally Posted by Vendian
JonelZ, do you know anything about making websites or whatver, or did you learn so you could make this particular site? What I guess I'm asking is whether you coded this yourself in say...dreamweaver or did you get like a template???
Off topic, but the site is ran by a popular software, Vbulletin. I have been messing with websites for a couple of years now. Please keep threads on topic, pm me if you have more q’s
Old 03-04-2005, 05:59 AM

i've been to several dealerships around where i live, there are like 12 coupes on the lots. Not sure how many are sold, but i know the one where i live has an automatic that isn't sold yet.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is why i went and got the redline finally ill post pics pretty soon! This thing is Dank!
I hit 100 in 4th still had 3 grand to go but i gotta chill thoe only 80 miles on car (break in periods suck) .

L8r all
Old 03-04-2005, 08:17 AM

Well, even if my car doesn't come until June, or September, or whenever, I have decided to wait it out. Driving rental cars at a discounted rate isn't the worst thing in the world.

I just love that Cobalt SS/SC too much not to wait.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:38 AM

I got sick of waiting and bought an 04 GTO
Old 03-04-2005, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by HotSauce
Thats awesome! We don't get the GTO in Canada, but the next gen GTO we are supposed to get it, by then my cobalts lease will be up and I can get a new GTO

So, maybe we showed get a list to see who's gunna stick it out for the long haul waiting onthe cobalt SS/SC

1 MikeSS
Old 03-04-2005, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by HotSauce
That's a true fan, isn't it.

Villain
Old 03-04-2005, 09:46 AM

So, maybe we showed get a list to see who's gunna stick it out for the long haul waiting onthe cobalt SS/SC

1 MikeSS
2 Archplsm (order in Oct, might as well wait some more)
Old 03-04-2005, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by THE_SLEEPER
g.m canada told me today that there not building as they will in sept there ran out of sheet metal or somthing like that and they stop production building for canada so why whould build for usa when its on same assenbly line
I dont think it has anything to do with production. I think its more about allocation. GM gives dealerships so many orders of cars. Probably what they do with Canada is the same thing. Canada as a whole is only given so many. Production hasnt stopped for the Cobalt SS/SC. But I'm just making a guess of whats going on in Canada I dont know for sure.

I am also waiting for my Cobalt SS/SC even if it takes that long.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:44 AM
Banned

impressions...

Congratulations on the GTO HotSauce!

Ya know, it just seems to me GM/Chevy is either hiding something about production/delivery on this car, or trying to bury their heads in the sand?
Honestly, I just don’t get it…

Specifically, there are obvious production delays (promised last fall) yet there has been no formal communication to the loyal buyers who signed up early to get this new “finally competitive with the imports” car. At first glance it would seem GM is either so inept they don’t realize their bumble, or they don’t give a crap?

Obviously their marketing/advertising department has no communication with production so I guess it’s too much to ask for real info to the buying public?

Some people on this site have the audacity to say they’re tired of others bashing poor ole GM! Get freakin’ real! GM has had serious issues forever --- and some of us are just plain tired of the crap. Who knows, mass defections are possible, and maybe in the future Honda can purchase the once mighty GM and straighten the place out --- TOP to bottom!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by BlueVillain
That's a true fan, isn't it.

Villain

And of course "Blue *****" feels to the need to intervene
Old 03-04-2005, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by rcatss396
Congratulations on the GTO HotSauce!

thanks ! im still gonna hang around here though
Old 03-04-2005, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by rcatss396

Who knows, mass defections are possible, and maybe in the future Honda can purchase the once mighty GM and straighten the place out --- TOP to bottom!
I doubt that would happen, thats like Firefox buying Microsoft one day. Now Toyota buying out GM one day.....that isn't so far fetched. Toyota is on fire and gaining market share everyday.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:23 AM

Maybe if every one that worked for Toyota won a billion dollars in the lottery then maybe Toyota could buy out GM...don't count on it.

GM isn't just the largest car companies but also one of the most lucrative businesses across the world.

Please, honda and toyota gain some quick ground in America and people assume GM has lost touch. Go on GM's website and look at all their companies across Europe and the rest of the world, they sell well everywhere. Not to mention all of the other industries they operate in; for example: GMAC, their banking division that handles car financing and loans makes a whole hell of a lot of their annual profits.

<--Can't wait till Mitsubishi goes bankrupt and DCX buys out the rest of the shares they don't own.

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS: Are you sick of waiting?