General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

cobalts & school parking lots

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Herndon_High_SS
Excuse me why must you take insults on me now?

I paid for all my modifications except stage 2 which was a birthday present. I drive a nice car to school because I keep good grades and it helps that my dad is a car enthusist too.

Trust me when I dont do good in school I have to drive a 1990 beater nissan truck with a clutch that doesnt always work.
The point is, you were handed a 25000 dollar car for getting good grades. That, by definition, is spoiled. I'm not insulting, it's just fact. I'm not saying you're a piece of **** for it or anything. Enjoy it, take care of it, but realize that you're a lot luckier than most your age.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by dman090
yasame here i am the only guy that owns a cobalt....all the guys own jacked up fords with really loud exhaust
I actually have the 'honor' of parking next to those damn things every f*ckn day! It sucks because I have to creep out before I can actually see if any other young teenage driver is coming my way lol.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jcj08sta
I actually have the 'honor' of parking next to those damn things every f*ckn day! It sucks because I have to creep out before I can actually see if any other young teenage driver is coming my way lol.

lol i park on the back row of my parking lot cause i got tired of that stuff
Old 02-22-2008, 06:03 PM

^^ we have assigned parking spots so i didnt have much of a choice. Believe me, I would switch.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:10 PM

i go to ASU here in phoenix, az.... believe me, EVERYONE has cobalts.... not a day goes by where u dont see one.. especially in tempe, a lot of ppl have one... and keep in mind, ASU has four campuses.. thats a lot of cobalts..
Old 02-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Banned

^^ we have assigned parking spots so i didnt have much of a choice. Believe me, I would switch.
what happens when u park somewhere else??
Old 02-22-2008, 06:14 PM

^^your ass either gets towed or they take your assigned spot away from u.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Same goes when you own any car that has an entry level model.

Think about the Mustangs, Camaros, and M3. They all have slower clones that confuse the crap out of other people. Even when I owned the GTO people all the time asked if mine was supercharged, and when I told them no, they would say their buddy had one with the supercharger and I should have gotten one of those. *slaps*
Old 02-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

^^your ass either gets towed or they take your assigned spot away from u.
hmm that must suck..our parking lot is in the sections....students, guest, and teachers....and the front row of the parking lot is seniors only if u break te rules u get a ticket
Old 02-22-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltguy88
i go to ASU here in phoenix, az.... believe me, EVERYONE has cobalts.... not a day goes by where u dont see one.. especially in tempe, a lot of ppl have one... and keep in mind, ASU has four campuses.. thats a lot of cobalts..
Oh you live here. When I went to ASU everyone had a mid 90's civic or a mid 90's mustang. Myself included because I had a 98 mustang. I don't think anything else existed in college back then. Those were the days before the Escalade and Infiniti G's that you see everyone driving at colleges these days.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by dman090
hmm that must suck..our parking lot is in the sections....students, guest, and teachers....and the front row of the parking lot is seniors only if u break te rules u get a ticket
wish it was like that here lol (08 ftw!!!!).

BTW do you catch crap about being the only guy driving a cobalt? I catch it atleast once a month lol
Old 02-22-2008, 06:22 PM

I go to a community college (nothing wrong with that). As far as I know, I have the only SS/NA version of a Cobalt. There are a few 2.2Ls and no SS/SCs whatsoever.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:25 PM

i was the first to have one at my school...now there are like 5 more ppl who have them, even including one of my teachers....but when the tax return comes in and i get my lambo doors, that'll set me apart from them soooo who cares
Old 02-22-2008, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by mycar
i was the first to have one at my school...now there are like 5 more ppl who have them, even including one of my teachers....but when the tax return comes in and i get my lambo doors, that'll set me apart from them soooo who cares
*Still laughing* How ghey. You may as well crash your car into a wall if you want to stand out. Unless some of the other 5 people did that already with theirs. Lambo doors only impress the person who bought them, because they have to justify the expensive purchase to themselves for a door style that not even the OG uses anymore.

wish it was like that here lol (08 ftw!!!!).

BTW do you catch crap about being the only guy driving a cobalt? I catch it atleast once a month lol
I have been told that the Cobalt is a girls car, and most people I see driving them are on the streets. But it wasn't offensive because my girlfriend owned an SS/SC also so I could relate.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 02-22-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-22-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by mycar
Where in Maryland are you from?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to disagree with that because if your parents wanted to help you or even buy you a car, are you saying you would deny it?
Are you kidding? My parents did help me buy a car. The said '88 Tempo. The mindset always WAS you didn't give a new driver a nice car until they had years of driving experience and proper behavior to EARN it. Excessive spending on luxuries of any sort was not permitted. You got good grades or you were grounded and given extra chores. I didn't get a Nintendo until 1993, when the SNES was coming out.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by shabodah
Are you kidding? My parents did help me buy a car. The said '88 Tempo. The mindset always WAS you didn't give a new driver a nice car until they had years of driving experience and proper behavior to EARN it. Excessive spending on luxuries of any sort was not permitted. You got good grades or you were grounded and given extra chores. I didn't get a Nintendo until 1993, when the SNES was coming out.
x2. I absolutely can't stand it when parents buy new cars for their "new little drivers" only so they can **** it up within months of getting it. I was handed down a 1992 4cyl Toyota Camry and that was luxurious enough for me. Last November, I purchased my Cobalt SS/ NA by myself, without parents. I'm 18 years old and I couldn't be more happy with my purchase because I was the one who earned it. My parents didn't get it for me, I did.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by nich7601
The point is, you were handed a 25000 dollar car for getting good grades. That, by definition, is spoiled. I'm not insulting, it's just fact. I'm not saying you're a piece of **** for it or anything. Enjoy it, take care of it, but realize that you're a lot luckier than most your age.
QFT...ive had to buy every car ive owned lol
Old 02-22-2008, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
QFT...ive had to buy every car ive owned lol
Yeah, some do have to purchase their car by themselves. However, I couldn't live with my parents giving me a car. It'd be nice, but I like to work for my own things.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ssweeet
x2. I absolutely can't stand it when parents buy new cars for their "new little drivers" only so they can **** it up within months of getting it. I was handed down a 1992 4cyl Toyota Camry and that was luxurious enough for me. Last November, I purchased my Cobalt SS/ NA by myself, without parents. I'm 18 years old and I couldn't be more happy with my purchase because I was the one who earned it. My parents didn't get it for me, I did.
If the parents want to buy their kids a car or help them buy one, I really don't see whats so bad about that. Congrats to you for buying your own but don't get upset cause parents want to and have the ability get their kids a car.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by shabodah
See, this just goes to show you how spoiled the average high schooler is these days. ALMOST NO ONE I went to highschool with had a car newer than 10 years old. Hell, the majority of the teachers didn't either.

Be glad you parents are so nice to you. It was only ten years ago I was driving an '88 Tempo and that was one of the nicest cars in the lot.
i drove an 81 prelude. 84 supra, and an 87 stanza in high school.

soph-senior year. not all at once for the slow people
Old 02-22-2008, 06:48 PM

If the parents want to buy their kids a car or help them buy one, I really don't see whats so bad about that. Congrats to you for buying your own but don't get upset cause parents want to and have the ability get their kids a car.
I'm not upset that they can buy their kids a car. I'm upset that they more than likely will **** up the new car because they are highly inexperienced drivers. The parents aren't teaching the kids anything by buying them a new car. Nothing about responsibility especially.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by ssweeet
I'm not upset that they can buy their kids a car. I'm upset that they more than likely will **** up the new car because they are highly inexperienced drivers. The parents aren't teaching the kids anything by buying them a new car. Nothing about responsibility especially.
I see where you're comming from but that isn't true in all cases. When I started driving, I had a 91 ford festiva lol. After my first year, my dad helped me get my cobalt and Im very grateful and havnt fucked anything up.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:57 PM

I have to disagree with that because if your parents wanted to help you or even buy you a car, are you saying you would deny it?
The topic wasn't would you take it or not. the topic was spoiled kids and if you are bought a $25,000 car I think that is catagorized as spoiled. Would I take it? Without a doubt!

My parents were'nt rich and I ain't hatin. My first car was a '79 Chrysler Cordoba for $900. Nice Red Lazy Boy seats. Probably the most comfortable car I have ever drove. I just think kids these days don't realize how easy they have it and are not thankful for what they get.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Area47
i drove an 81 prelude. 84 supra, and an 87 stanza in high school.
The Only vehicles I drove in highschool were the 88 Tempo, an 84 Pontiac 6000, and an 84 Diesel Suburban. I got a lot of **** for driving the Suburban because it'd smoke out the entire parking lot when it started. It didn't have any seats other than the drivers and passengers and strangely, there was a bed in the back....

Quick Reply: cobalts & school parking lots