General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Competition for Cobalt SS Supercharged gets more intense

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
August 2006 Sales: Compacts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's hard pushing cars into strict categories, so I expect some disagreements. But, here:

Honda Civic: 31,549
Toyota Corolla: 27,710
Chevrolet Cobalt: 19,430
Ford Focus: 15,562
Chrysler PT Cruiser: 15,552
Nissan Sentra: 10,723
Hyundai Elantra: 10,371
Saturn ION: 10,300
Volkswagen Jetta: 9,870
Scion tC: 9,185
Dodge Caliber: 8,877
BMW 3-Series: 8,842
Chevrolet HHR: 8,620
Kia Spectra: 7,665
Toyota Matrix: 7,261
Mazda3: 6,955
Pontiac Vibe: 6,271
Lexus IS: 5,563
Suzuki Forenza: 4,949
Mercedes-Benz C-class: 4,652
Subaru Impreza: 4,504
Audi A4: 3,854
Acura TSX: 3,330
Mitsubishi Lancer: 2,258
Volkswagen Rabbit: 1,983
Volvo S40: 1,912
Acura RSX: 1,801
Pontiac G5: 1,569
Audi A3: 740
Jaguar X-Type: 481
Dodge Neon: 235
Saab 9-2X: 234
Pontiac Sunfire: 35

Cobalt and HHR combined are selling more than Calibur and PT Cruiser combined.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:42 PM

Shall I continue. I can pull out graphs of stock prices if you like?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:42 PM

If you're talking about Sly Stallone he cut and run a while ago.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by djt81185
DCX is in the best shape of any of the domestics...thats a fact
If DCX = Daimler Chrysler Group then people need to stop grouping them with domestics. They got bought out by the Germans a while ago. They go out of their way to advertise German engineering in their commericals, as far as I'm concerned they are imports. No different than Toyota opening a plant in Ohio, that's just my $.02
Old 09-05-2006, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
If you're talking about Sly Stallone he cut and run a while ago.
I'm tired of his smack talk. I'm no GM fanboi, and I criticise them when they are stupid, but GM is our home team folks.

Lets not root for them to die because the WRX has more horsepower then the SS
Old 09-05-2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by unkillsam
I'm tired of his smack talk. I'm no GM fanboi, and I criticise them when they are stupid, but GM is our home team folks.

Lets not root for them to die because the WRX has more horsepower then the SS
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't root for the home team get the hell out of the stadium.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:54 PM

If DCX = Daimler Chrysler Group then people need to stop grouping them with domestics. They got bought out by the Germans a while ago. They go out of their way to advertise German engineering in their commericals, as far as I'm concerned they are imports. No different than Toyota opening a plant in Ohio, that's just my $.02
Chrysler would have been better off without Daimler.

Daimler threw old Mercedes parts at Chyrsler and they cameup with the 300C

Chysler sells 300C to lots and lots of people.

Daimer takes the money Chrysler made and uses it to fix Mercedes (which is not doing too good folks)

Chrysler has no money to invest in new cars which is why new cars look like old trucks

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...09&idg=1&idi=1

So for some short term gain i.e. RWD architecture to generate large car sales, Chrysler destoyed its own future by caving to Daimler, which is now raiding its cash flow.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 PM

Wow, Holy ****, I read all the way through that only to be disappointed when the sales figures started getting posted. GM is pretty much garbage. As for all the points about, just buy a stage kit and youll roll over the competition, come on, do you really think that s2 is that good, so many of you STAGE 2 owners cant break into the 13's. The cobalt is nice and cheap and fast, but the fanbois need to listen to the facts like dan was saying. I argue facts for the most part. I especially love the hatred for the SRT4 which will be blowing your doors off on a local highway soon, it is quite ugly though. The cobalt is not the best looking car around either, but somewhat smooth on the lines. Most of the guys that argue are either fanboi's or fanboi stompers who try to provide reasonable suggestions as opposed to the guy who just posted the thread about beating the c6 from a roll in his cobalt. Also I would like for people to stop using Rob's one car for comparison to all sport compact competitors in the market, Rob did great things with his CSS, but most of you dont have what he has so stop comparing his ride and start comparing yours. Bash my face in.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by pOrk
Wow, Holy ****, I read all the way through that only to be disappointed when the sales figures started getting posted. GM is pretty much garbage. As for all the points about, just buy a stage kit and youll roll over the competition, come on, do you really think that s2 is that good, so many of you STAGE 2 owners cant break into the 13's. The cobalt is nice and cheap and fast, but the fanbois need to listen to the facts like dan was saying. I argue facts for the most part. I especially love the hatred for the SRT4 which will be blowing your doors off on a local highway soon, it is quite ugly though. The cobalt is not the best looking car around either, but somewhat smooth on the lines. Most of the guys that argue are either fanboi's or fanboi stompers who try to provide reasonable suggestions as opposed to the guy who just posted the thread about beating the c6 from a roll in his cobalt. Also I would like for people to stop using Rob's one car for comparison to all sport compact competitors in the market, Rob did great things with his CSS, but most of you dont have what he has so stop comparing his ride and start comparing yours. Bash my face in.
I don't know whether to love you or hate you. You're right about quite a bit. I'll just reply to what I don't agree with. GM is not garbage, come on dude why are you going to come to a forum for GM cars and call them garbage? Be a little respectful at least. Since the new SRT4 isn't out yet let's just wait and see what it's capable of. No bashing, just a civil conversation.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...aign-bash.html
Old 09-05-2006, 08:36 PM

I don't know whether to love you or hate you. You're right about quite a bit. I'll just reply to what I don't agree with. GM is not garbage, come on dude why are you going to come to a forum for GM cars and call them garbage? Be a little respectful at least. Since the new SRT4 isn't out yet let's just wait and see what it's capable of. No bashing, just a civil conversation.
True GM is not garbage but it feels so right to say it, The quality of redline was I dont know poor, but thats a saturn so can't really comment I guess. But yes, the SRT4 will be interesting. You smell like a *** dumpster, just saying.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:41 PM

Old 09-05-2006, 08:42 PM

Anamolous, Your video really needs to be cleaned up for a little bit, at first I was sure if your car ever left the garage and you just started up and revved it for a half hour and then watched MASH afterward. 14.7 with stage 2, keep practicing your an example of mine. Nice car though I like the black.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 PM

did you read the name of it? or just watch it and start yapping off?

its a comparison video for aem dryflow and stage 2. thats why theres alot of repetition. to ......you know.....compare?

the drags were just thrown on there cuz they were in the same clip when i ripped it from my camera.

and thanks. that was at 2500ft with humitidy at about 95% with a storm literally surrounding the track. first run with stage II, on my 8th run ever on the quarter mile track.

so yeah......

sorry. not a drag racer yet.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
did you read the name of it? or just watch it and start yapping off?

its a comparison video for aem dryflow and stage 2. thats why theres alot of repetition. to ......you know.....compare?

the drags were just thrown on there cuz they were in the same clip when i ripped it from my camera.

and thanks. that was at 2500ft with humitidy at about 95% with a storm literally surrounding the track. on my 8th run ever on the quarter mile track.

so yeah......

sorry. not a drag racer yet.
Keep workin on it and youll get there, I guess I didnt pay attention the the comparison part, probably because I didnt hear much of a difference and jsut though you were gassin it for fun, but if your interested in a more aggressive look for your car you can get this. http://www.shoplaser.com/index.html
Old 09-05-2006, 08:48 PM

I smell a troll. It's so nice to have trolls. Without them we could probably carry on a nice civilized discussion about cars. But then, what would the fun in that be. I mean, not having someone talk smack behind a computer knowing they aren't in arms reach really tops it off.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:49 PM

dude are you serious? or are you just trying really hard to be funny?

right now all you sound like is a trollin little bitch.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:51 PM

dude are you serious? or are you just trying really hard to be funny?
Well I wouldnt say really hard, but yeah there was a little effort, do you have neons under that SS, or were my eyes playing tricks on me. With 250 posts, I would have to say that I am a pretty successful troll, although I dont start fights I end em. I WIN!(&@(#&@!

StinkBOMB you know that I contribute to this site more than some of the cobalt owners, I guess all the guys that tlak a bunch of **** arent trolls if they own a cobalt.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:53 PM

meh. have fun bud.
got better things to do.

Enjoy jerkin it to milfhunter later on.

maybe your mom could bring down some sandwiches for you while your Pwning people on the forums.

peace out loser.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:57 PM

by the way mods.....hows that ignore feature comin along?
can we speed that puppy up a bit?
kthx
Old 09-05-2006, 09:00 PM

meh. have fun bud.
got better things to do.

Enjoy jerkin it to milfhunter later on.

maybe your mom could bring down some sandwiches for you while your Pwning people on the forums.

peace out loser.
Talk about freakin out, wow. He's one of those guys that will always think his car is the fastest because he has stage 2, keep practicing.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:36 PM

Ok pork. I like you.. Kinda.. But you're being a ******* ******* for no reason. I def. would not try and start **** w/ me because you will def. not finish it. Honestly, don't you have something better to do than try and start **** on here w/ everyone?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by l Sh1ft l
Ok pork. I like you.. Kinda.. But you're being a ******* ******* for no reason. I def. would not try and start **** w/ me because you will def. not finish it. Honestly, don't you have something better to do than try and start **** on here w/ everyone?
facts are facts and some people just dont like them, Ive been trying real hard not to start **** though, in fact that guy just went off, I was just pokin a little fun at his video, a lot of people i guess dont get my sense of humor or maybe take themselves too serious, I dont know why though. oh well.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

I smell a troll. It's so nice to have trolls. Without them we could probably carry on a nice civilized discussion about cars. But then, what would the fun in that be. I mean, not having someone talk smack behind a computer knowing they aren't in arms reach really tops it off.
Everybody that disagrees with you is a troll, how intelligent. If there wasn't any fanbois then nice civilized discussions could be had. I post facts, that cannot be argued with, yet fanbois still sit and argue and argue and argue and then I get called a troll??? Amazing.

All the fanbois on this site need to grow up.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by rambo
Everybody that disagrees with you is a troll, how intelligent. If there wasn't any fanbois then nice civilized discussions could be had. I post facts, that cannot be argued with, yet fanbois still sit and argue and argue and argue and then I get called a troll??? Amazing.

All the fanbois on this site need to grow up.
So what were DMC's sales numbers again? Keep posting "facts". LMAO

Quick Reply: Competition for Cobalt SS Supercharged gets more intense