General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Construction reminder

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Construction reminder

Just a friendly reminder that your local neighborhood construction workers are VERY CARELESS. They do not care about you, your car, or the road in which they have been HIRED to fix/repair/upgrade/whatever. This is especially true when the construction is not actually of the road, but of the buildings near it. - They leave all sorts of debris in the road.

What do I mean by this? I just walked out to my car to find my right rear tire completely flat. Not one, but TWO industrial construction sized screws were stuck in my tire leaving huge gaping holes that I had to spend an hour repairing.

So this is just a friendly reminder to watch where you drive. Broken bottles, debris, can all cause damage to your tires and leave you very unhappy. You wouldn't walk on broken glass would you? Don't drive on it either.

Be safe gentlemen, this happens all the time
-Aleckor
Old 07-16-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup my wifes brand new Aura had the same thing happen to her. They're doing road, sidewalk, curb replacement and the neighbors down the street just had a new roof put on so God only knows where her nail came from.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:41 PM

I do a newspaper delivery route, so I've had all kinds of experiences with repairing tires and finding weird and strange things stuck in them. These two industrial sized screws really pissed me off though. If they were small I could imagine someone dropping them or not spotting them in the road. But these were rather large, at least 3 inches long each and probably a half inch or an inch wide. Two of them, too.

Friggin sucked getting those out of my tire.
-Aleckor
Old 07-17-2007, 05:46 AM

ya the ******** over on a road by me have been working on it for months now. They're sitting there jack hammering the cement, and leaving puddles of wet cement/dirt. So one day there this harmless puddle of what looked like a mix of mud and water, well turns out it was cement. It splashed all over the side of my car and caked the bottom of my car. It was a pain and a half in the ass to wash it off.

jeez, we watch to make sure not to hit those workers, yet they leave **** all over the road
Old 07-17-2007, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by SlifoxS
ya the ******** over on a road by me have been working on it for months now. They're sitting there jack hammering the cement, and leaving puddles of wet cement/dirt. So one day there this harmless puddle of what looked like a mix of mud and water, well turns out it was cement. It splashed all over the side of my car and caked the bottom of my car. It was a pain and a half in the ass to wash it off.

jeez, we watch to make sure not to hit those workers, yet they leave **** all over the road
lets throw rocks at them!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:49 PM

I was flagged down by police officers while driving through downtown D.C. because it's "against the law to swerve to avoid potholes" - but this pothole was 2 feet deep and 2 feet wide. It would have definitely blown a tire or fucked up my car....

So not only are there road hazards, but avoiding them is illegal!
-Aleckor
Old 07-17-2007, 06:00 PM

I tell ya' what I hate worse than road construction workers... the damn lawn care guys. They mow and blow grass and dirt and gravel and leaves all over my car... all the time. It dosen't take much to turn the mower the other way... or not point your humongo leaf blower directly at my car... happens every week... nobody cares.