General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Custom Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya the turn signal is on the top i love the way they look they are black housing but for some reason i like the smoked look
hoping to get my hood,roof,and trunk painted black this week will def. have it done before the next street heat at bradenton on the 28th
gonna get my wheels redone with some red in it to match my car so if you show up on the 28th ill give you my cell and you can hit me up when you get there
Also going wingless
Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Lol my cobalt is winglesssss (:
Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by donald
ya the turn signal is on the top i love the way they look they are black housing but for some reason i like the smoked look
hoping to get my hood,roof,and trunk painted black this week will def. have it done before the next street heat at bradenton on the 28th
gonna get my wheels redone with some red in it to match my car so if you show up on the 28th ill give you my cell and you can hit me up when you get there
Also going wingless
Sounds like alot work man, are you going to be painting the whole hood or just most of it and leave the sides red? Ive seen some like that and it looks good. But I'll let you know if I go and are you lowered at all? The coupes look good wingless but my sedan will always have a wing I think, it just looks too plain on the back especially with my diffusers
Old 04-09-2012, 05:50 AM

ya i am dropped on dropzones i went wingless before i dropped but didn't like it because it looked like a ls with the big wheel gap but no with 1 finger gap all around it looks good.
I think im gonna do just part of the hood gonna be using plasti dip to see if i like it or not that way if i don't i can just take it off.
The good part is if i like it my buddy is a painter a a dealership and has his own shop on the side so all i have to do is buy the paint and do the sanding and he will spray it so it will only cost me like 150.00 at the most.
i just have to find something to plug the holes that the plasti dip will cover good.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:34 AM

ya i am dropped on dropzones i went wingless before i dropped but didn't like it because it looked like a ls with the big wheel gap but no with 1 finger gap all around it looks good.
I think im gonna do just part of the hood gonna be using plasti dip to see if i like it or not that way if i don't i can just take it off.
The good part is if i like it my buddy is a painter a a dealership and has his own shop on the side so all i have to do is buy the paint and do the sanding and he will spray it so it will only cost me like 150.00 at the most.
i just have to find something to plug the holes that the plasti dip will cover good.
Just use a single piece of blue tape abd it shoudnt make that de.big of a difference. Or tape it from the inside.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:27 AM

ya im just gonna go to discount and get the plugs
Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 AM

That works too lol
Old 04-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much of a drop did the springs give you? Im looking at cm springs that will drop the car 1.5 in the front and 1.3 in the back. But thats sweet man, I used plasti dip to do my evo front but soon Im going to take it off and paint it a gloss black to match the grille. I also painted the whole center console a gloss black and I love it, it looks so much better than the gray.