General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Directional not working?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Directional not working?

So I was driving home Saturday night and I noticed my right rear directional wasn't working. So I went yesterday and got a new bulb and it started working then stopped working again last night. So I pulled the bulb and when I moved it it would work then shut off. I noticed there was melted plastic on one of the contacts in the socket so I cleaned it and it still did the same thing. Anyone know what my problem might be? Is there something wrong with the socket itself?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DannyG
So I was driving home Saturday night and I noticed my right rear directional wasn't working. So I went yesterday and got a new bulb and it started working then stopped working again last night. So I pulled the bulb and when I moved it it would work then shut off. I noticed there was melted plastic on one of the contacts in the socket so I cleaned it and it still did the same thing. Anyone know what my problem might be? Is there something wrong with the socket itself?
While I don't have access to technical information, if you need help with looking into recall/warranty information, locating or working with a dealership, please let me know!

I hope you're able to find the root of this, though. The community members are very helpful!

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service