General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

DisRespect...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My favorite is "Oh... That little yellow car..."
Old 10-19-2012, 10:38 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
lol autozone retards believe the higher the litre the more powerful it is. this makes me laugh all the time.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:34 PM
village idiot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kbbalt
One guy goes thats good...for a cobalt.. ..
Almost exactly what a Mustang guy said to me after I beat him at the track:

Me - Hey nice run.
Him - Yeah. I'm not used to the car yet. (looked and sounded good. He ran 13.9)
Me - That's a beautiful car (referring to his Mustang, new blue 5.0 with dealer tags)
Him - Thanks. That Cobalt's pretty fast
Me - Thanks. I love it.
Him - Yeah, they're pretty good for what they are.
Me - What they are?
Him - Yeah.... a Cobalt.
Me - Ooooohhhh (and walked away)

I could have said something smart ass or called him out or something but.... didn't.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kbbalt
I was like i do have the turbo version you know that right and even if i had the supercharged version he would possibly stand a chance.

And this is when I stopped reading

Originally Posted by casionerd
Almost exactly what a Mustang guy said to me after I beat him at the track:

Me - Hey nice run.
Him - Yeah. I'm not used to the car yet. (looked and sounded good. He ran 13.9)
Me - That's a beautiful car (referring to his Mustang, new blue 5.0 with dealer tags)
Him - Thanks. That Cobalt's pretty fast
Me - Thanks. I love it.
Him - Yeah, they're pretty good for what they are.
Me - What they are?
Him - Yeah.... a Cobalt.
Me - Ooooohhhh (and walked away)

I could have said something smart ass or called him out or something but.... didn't.
The guy gave you credit for your car, and you get all mad because he said it runs good for a Cobalt
Old 10-20-2012, 01:06 AM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
I got a story for ya lol

I work at a garage with a bunch of older mechanics, the issue is it's a fleet garage so most of the mechanics were promoted from cleaners lol...but they subscribe to the bigger engine philosophy. They all drive commuter vehicles tho like camry's, accords, crownvics lol...but the day I bought my car...instant disrespect. "It's slow, if yellow only gay people drive those cars" and so forth... and I kept trying to explain things to them like power to weight ratio...and boost(which sadly they should understand seeing how we work on turbo diesels every day...but that's another story...)

But so they nag me and nag me and I usually just strug it off but they insisted on it so one day I said, ok you want to see something follow me. I went to my car and popped the hood. When they saw my super charger and finally realized it wasn't a base car(something else I had been saying over and over again)and they stopped talking crap about my car. Really sad only a few mechanics at my job actually understood the principles I was talking about...
Old 10-20-2012, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Haven07
I got a story for ya lol

I work at a garage with a bunch of older mechanics, the issue is it's a fleet garage so most of the mechanics were promoted from cleaners lol...but they subscribe to the bigger engine philosophy. They all drive commuter vehicles tho like camry's, accords, crownvics lol...but the day I bought my car...instant disrespect. "It's slow, if yellow only gay people drive those cars" and so forth... and I kept trying to explain things to them like power to weight ratio...and boost(which sadly they should understand seeing how we work on turbo diesels every day...but that's another story...)

But so they nag me and nag me and I usually just strug it off but they insisted on it so one day I said, ok you want to see something follow me. I went to my car and popped the hood. When they saw my super charger and finally realized it wasn't a base car(something else I had been saying over and over again)and they stopped talking crap about my car. Really sad only a few mechanics at my job actually understood the principles I was talking about...
That reminds me. I got my Ion exactly a year ago. Anyways, about 11 months ago, while I was still in school for auto tech, we had a new batch of students join our class, one of whom was a black woman (daughter of a mechanic thing) who also subscribed to the "no replacement for displacement" philosophy. She initially wrote off the Ion until she noted that I blew by her Pontiac Bonneville with no problem. She cornered me in class the next day and demanded I pop the hood asking me what I had done to it.

As I'm reaching to open the hood, I said "It's just a base model 2.2L. Why do you Ask?"

Just as I opened the hood revealing a bone stock engine, she replied "I couldn't believe how quick it was. Quite the sleeper". I thanked her for the compliment and closed the hood after she finished gawking at the base 2.2. Then I walked away rolling my eyes. To her credit, the following week, she swapped in a new 3800 into her Bonneville by herself.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 68nova200
You know what they say... "there's no replacement for displacement" some people are just plain stupid.
Yeahuh. It's called BOOST!!!