General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

driving..driving..driving.. BAM

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:43 AM
360 L337 User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by senior_brown
yea man.. i found this
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=15793419
now i need a hood

how did you search for that, i need a trunk for my car.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:08 AM

Thats sucks man I know how you feel and mabey alittle worse, two weeks after I got my first car witch was a 94 dodge dakota V8 new paint and all. I was driving down the road and a deer ran into the side not the front but the side and put a 3 foot dent all the way down the bed and caused $1600 worth of damage and I only had liability on it. It was the worst day of my life, and the bad part about it was my mom was in the truck and since it hit the back it kicked the back out and I have corect and flew through some ones yard, then hit a dirt pile and jumped over a foot in the air the witnes's said. So that was my experence with deer you dont have it that bad. But good luck.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by R33P3R007
how did you search for that, i need a trunk for my car.
well i was looking on google and i searcherd for "pontiac g5 replacement hood"

but i found this, very good info, check the rest of the site for all kinds of part numbers, i just need to find a part number for the hood

http://www.capacertified.org/updates...2006/11-22.pdf
Old 12-13-2006, 10:39 AM

wow i would label that not lunch safe NLS blah...
Old 12-13-2006, 11:41 AM

that was a deer?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by kenhebe
I manage a collision center in Texas. From what I can see in the photos you will definately need a hood. The left side fender is questionable. You will probably need a headlamp and it looks like your radiator support could be damaged. The passenger side fender and driver's door will also have to be blended to get a perfect color match. You are probalby looking at $3000 in damages. Just my opinion from what I can see.

He is right take it to a professional unless you know someone and are just looking to get the parts to have them do it. Is your deductable high? Because generally its better to just pay it and take it in.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:04 PM

were in brampton did you hit the deer?

iv never seen deer in brampton lol
Old 12-13-2006, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why the hell would you take pics of the deer?? Nasty.
Banned

Bambi got FUCKED UP!

LOL, glad to see your ok though.

i was driving on goreway rd just north of queen,

my deductible is a $1000 and there is no way im making a claim cause i can get this done for cheaper than the deductible, plus claim=higher rates

and yes it WAS a deer

poor car isnt even 8 months old,

Originally Posted by Tr1p1ng
why the hell would you take pics of the deer?? Nasty.
hey it was soo gross and if i had to see it, so did everyone else
Old 12-13-2006, 12:46 PM

well i was looking on google and i searcherd for "pontiac g5 replacement hood"

but i found this, very good info, check the rest of the site for all kinds of part numbers, i just need to find a part number for the hood

http://www.capacertified.org/updates...2006/11-22.pdf
Those are non GM manufaactured parts. They are cheaper, but they are made of cheaper materials. I rarely use them at my shop because they do nit fit very well and the metal is incredibly weak.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 PM

holy crap that deer got what it deserved lol
Old 12-13-2006, 01:19 PM

that deer got muffed up!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 01:38 PM

Those are non GM manufaactured parts. They are cheaper, but they are made of cheaper materials. I rarely use them at my shop because they do nit fit very well and the metal is incredibly weak.
there are part numbers to gm parts as well, look closer, i checked on gmpartsdirect.com and they have the fender there, genuine gm part, not after market, i just used that for a reference for part numbers
Old 12-13-2006, 05:36 PM

my deductible is a $1000 and there is no way im making a claim cause i can get this done for cheaper than the deductible, plus claim=higher rates

and yes it WAS a deer

Not if you want your car repaired properly. You can probably find someone to do it on the cheap, but you get what you pay for. I am just warning you. Do you want it fixed right or do you want it fixed cheap. It is virtually impossible to do both. More importantly, I am not hating on you by any means, but it would be wise to select a deductible that you can easily afford. Never pick a deductible that is more money than you can come up with at any given time without sweating it. You chose the $1000 deductible because your monthly rates are a lower, but you can never afford to fix your car.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:00 PM

Not if you want your car repaired properly. You can probably find someone to do it on the cheap, but you get what you pay for. I am just warning you. Do you want it fixed right or do you want it fixed cheap. It is virtually impossible to do both. More importantly, I am not hating on you by any means, but it would be wise to select a deductible that you can easily afford. Never pick a deductible that is more money than you can come up with at any given time without sweating it. You chose the $1000 deductible because your monthly rates are a lower, but you can never afford to fix your car.
well i did pick this deductible cause its lower a month on premuim, but in any case, i dont every wanna make a claim.. EVER, unless i have to in which case i can come up with the $1000 if i have to.

on another note, i have family that has a body shop and their gonna do it for me, im gonna pay them for good dupont on ppg paint, and im buying new fender and hood, which im supposed to get a good deal on,

all in all, the cost of this is gonna run me close to $1000, which is my deductible, and i might as well leave insurance out of it,

a friend of mine was hit in the rear right door and quarter panel, he took it to the shop the insurance company recomended and they screwed it up, it looked good, but i could pick out the spots and lines, so either way, its not gonna come out the way it came from the factory, although im hoping its gonna de damn close .
Old 12-14-2006, 06:42 AM

Insurance companies can only reccomend shops to you. THey cannot force you to use one. That is illegal under "steering laws." By federal law you have the right to use any shop that you want. Furthermore, a shop that has the right equipment and good technicians will be able to perform virtually un-noticeable repairs. Mine does it everyday in an area full of very high end cars.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:54 AM

damn dude, that deer got REALLY fucked up. and sux for ur car. too bad u couldnt salvage the deer. lol, coulda made some money off it if everyone else wouldnt of hit it. lol, sell it to some one for like 50 bucks or something.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:17 PM

k i ordered the hood and the fender from gm, my friend used his discount for,
now its gonna be paint n labour
Old 12-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

i didnt say reindeer, im pretty sure tho it was Bambi lol

this pics are gonna get worse as they go along

LOL down with bambi!!!!!! i swear i hate deer!!! in the last 4 years my family members have ahd 6 deer run into their cars and i've probably come close to hitting like 4 or 5 more. there are sooooooooooooooooo many deer around here!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned

and yes it WAS a deer

some insurance companies consider it an act of god and don't charge the deductible or only half of the deductible. plus it shouldn't be a chargable accident since it was unavoidable.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:34 PM

That deer is PWNED! ! ! lol j/k

Sorry about the car, man.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted_SS
some insurance companies consider it an act of god and don't charge the deductible or only half of the deductible. plus it shouldn't be a chargable accident since it was unavoidable.
i doubt canadian insurance companies are like that, besides, a claim is a claim, and im damn sure they're not gonna fix my car without me payint the deductible,

i know this is classified as an "act of god" but how can an act of god be go cruel n gruesome? lol..
Old 12-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Banned

i doubt canadian insurance companies are like that, besides, a claim is a claim, and im damn sure they're not gonna fix my car without me payint the deductible,

i know this is classified as an "act of god" but how can an act of god be go cruel n gruesome? lol..
hey man look on the bright side atleast you got hamburger meat for everyone for a few weeks

Quick Reply: driving..driving..driving.. BAM