General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

drove to ZZP today.. doh MAP sensor out

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drove to ZZP today.. doh MAP sensor out

Well I was completely lost on what the hell was going on with my light in car... so I took a drive! over to ZZP

Tim, took it for a spin then came back a bit later pulled up on the lap top with 2 misfires on cylinder 1 and 4... (knew that already) then of course my MAP.

Will the dealer throw a fit if I have intake on there? I'm not going to mention tune... then I planned on throwing HID's in there today.

I just don't need them not touching the car from the HID's or intake.. and I want the MAP issue addressed. I've heard many beliefs on the whole MAP issue.. as to why they are going out... oil, bad batch, to much boost etc.

just a big thanks to ZZP for diagnosing my issues!!

oh yeah I ask cause I believe it's still under warranty 48k on 08?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:31 PM

if u have an intake they may not warranty it. I know around here if u bring ur car in with a related mod they'll say ur out of luck. idk about ur warranty either. I think mine is a 3 year warranty (09 ls) and idk about miles
Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by low_k3y
well i was completely lost on what the hell was going on with my light in car... So i took a drive! Over to zzp

tim, took it for a spin then came back a bit later pulled up on the lap top with 2 misfires on cylinder 1 and 4... (knew that already) then of course my map.

Will the dealer throw a fit if i have intake on there? I'm not going to mention tune... Then i planned on throwing hid's in there today.

I just don't need them not touching the car from the hid's or intake.. And i want the map issue addressed. I've heard many beliefs on the whole map issue.. As to why they are going out... Oil, bad batch, to much boost etc.

Just a big thanks to zzp for diagnosing my issues!!

Oh yeah i ask cause i believe it's still under warranty 48k on 08?
got both map sensors for sale in classifieds for 50 bucks if you like
Old 03-14-2012, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by low_k3y
Well I was completely lost on what the hell was going on with my light in car... so I took a drive! over to ZZP

Tim, took it for a spin then came back a bit later pulled up on the lap top with 2 misfires on cylinder 1 and 4... (knew that already) then of course my MAP.

Will the dealer throw a fit if I have intake on there? I'm not going to mention tune... then I planned on throwing HID's in there today.

I just don't need them not touching the car from the HID's or intake.. and I want the MAP issue addressed. I've heard many beliefs on the whole MAP issue.. as to why they are going out... oil, bad batch, to much boost etc.

just a big thanks to ZZP for diagnosing my issues!!

oh yeah I ask cause I believe it's still under warranty 48k on 08?
3years/36K miles whichever comes first for bumper to bumper and 5 years/100K miles for powertrain