General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

dumbest thing you did to/in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....lets see..... the dumbest thing ive done to my car was to dump $4500 into mods lol.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:53 AM

driving my moms 2006 ford freestyle picking up a friend and there was snow and we decided to try drifting it because awd drifts are fun well it got out of control and i put it in a ditch and had my friends truck come tow us out. SHE STILL DOESNT KNOW TILL THIS DAY!

FRIEND FOUND OUT HIS GF CHEATED ON HIM SO HE WAS PISSED SO WE WENT IN SEARCH OF A PARTY AND HE WAS DRIVING LIKE A MORON TRYING TO DRIFT IT ON A DIRTROAD AT 60 AND I WAS ON THE PHONE B4 IT HAPPEN SAYING HE WAS DRIVING STUPID AND WE WERE GOING TO CRASH (BLACKSSSC05 IS MY WITNESS HE WAS THE ONE I WAS ON THE CELL WITH) THEN HE LOST CONTROL AT 60 AND WHILE WE WERE SLIDING OUT HE SAID I GOT IT AND I SAID NO U DONT AND WE PEGGED A TREE HARDCORE THAT IT COMPLETLY THREW US IN A 360

FRIEND ALL OF A SUDDEN WANTED TO DO A BURNOUT SO I SAID OK ILL TAPE IT HE STARTED BRAKESTANCING THEN HE SAW A CAR COMING I IMMEDIATELY HOP IN THE CAR AND COP LIGHTS CAME ON COP CAME UP TO THE WINDOW LAUGHING AND ALL I WAS DOING WAS LAUGHING AND EATING A BAG OF PRETZELS AND THE COP WAS ASKING ME IF I WAS HIGH AND I SAID NAW (WHICH I WASNT) AND KEPT EATING.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:17 AM
MaJ

Originally Posted by 06CobaltssOrange
driving my moms 2006 ford freestyle picking up a friend and there was snow and we decided to try drifting it because awd drifts are fun well it got out of control and i put it in a ditch and had my friends truck come tow us out. SHE STILL DOESNT KNOW TILL THIS DAY!

FRIEND FOUND OUT HIS GF CHEATED ON HIM SO HE WAS PISSED SO WE WENT IN SEARCH OF A PARTY AND HE WAS DRIVING LIKE A MORON TRYING TO DRIFT IT ON A DIRTROAD AT 60 AND I WAS ON THE PHONE B4 IT HAPPEN SAYING HE WAS DRIVING STUPID AND WE WERE GOING TO CRASH (BLACKSSSC05 IS MY WITNESS HE WAS THE ONE I WAS ON THE CELL WITH) THEN HE LOST CONTROL AT 60 AND WHILE WE WERE SLIDING OUT HE SAID I GOT IT AND I SAID NO U DONT AND WE PEGGED A TREE HARDCORE THAT IT COMPLETLY THREW US IN A 360

FRIEND ALL OF A SUDDEN WANTED TO DO A BURNOUT SO I SAID OK ILL TAPE IT HE STARTED BRAKESTANCING THEN HE SAW A CAR COMING I IMMEDIATELY HOP IN THE CAR AND COP LIGHTS CAME ON COP CAME UP TO THE WINDOW LAUGHING AND ALL I WAS DOING WAS LAUGHING AND EATING A BAG OF PRETZELS AND THE COP WAS ASKING ME IF I WAS HIGH AND I SAID NAW (WHICH I WASNT) AND KEPT EATING.
are you high right now? lol!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:50 AM

yah it was pretty funny **** but what made it more humorous for me was being so glad i didnt take the cobalt out and let my friend drive but me just eating while he was like crying because he just got 2 other tickets like 2 days from that ticket and he didnt tell his mom about the other to and i was just eating my ass off just laughing.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by nramlow2006
well... lol ive done a few things.. every summer i buy a beater car to jump at my buddies house.. well 2 years ago i bought a pos beater pontiac .... as u can see it was one sexy car....

nd last summer is when i jumped an old ford as u can see in the picture i clearly was off the ground .. i totaled out the car 4 minutes later by hitting my friends mini van that he brought to jump...

hey nice rack! uh imean the deer (gotta quit thinkin out loud)
Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 AM

Location: Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota (from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania)
hmmm....
offroadin in my 95 Wrangler....rolled it by sliding off a hill. We camped out and woke up to it pouring. We had to go uphill to get out but the way we came down we weren't able to go back up that way. I actually got up but had too much momentum and went back over the other side and ended up flexing the hell out of the suspension in the tight corners I had put myself in. Found a 4 wheeler trail back up and got to far to the left and the left side tires took the rest of the Jeep down with them. Thank god for seatbelts and a death grip on the steering wheel. Ended up having to leave the jeep there overnight and comin back the next day after the sun had dried out the mud. Labor Day weekend 2004 was a blast....this all happened a week before I got deployed for the first time too.

only damage...

pic from a few minutes after the "rescue" smoked like a bitch for a few minutes after startup.. but it still tackled a few mudholes like a champ!

nice clean pic up in the Black Hills....yes a wildfire had burned this particular area the year before.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:57 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn^^ looks like fun
Old 06-28-2007, 05:00 AM

haha did something similar with my ATV, but i didnt have seatbelts! it hurt
Old 06-28-2007, 05:15 AM

Location: Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota (from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania)
yeh that Jeep was fun....can't wait to buy another one a few years from now. I was scared shitless when it happened but within an hour was laughing my ass off about it. What other vehicle can you roll like that put it back on all 4 wheels and drive away with barely a scratch.....
Old 06-28-2007, 05:19 AM

The dumbest thing i've done to in my car, i didn't secure a gallon of orange juice and half of it spilt on the front passanger floorboard, the gray carpet is stained orangish...
Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 AM

not to thread jack, but have you ever seen the video on YouTube when Top Gear tried killing a toyota pickup? they did some crazy **** to it, http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
definitely a good watch!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:01 AM

the dumbest thing i ever did was drag race my buddy up and down my driveway on atvs and flipped mine into a ditch. i was lucky enough to bail but the atv fliped head over and actually land on my leg. although sore luckly nothing broke. just dont do stupied **** like that anymore. oh yea and i broke a lower control arm, strut, axle, and tie rod hitting a curb in the snow
Old 06-28-2007, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by tcolli17
When me and my brother both had honda's we would put our front ends together and started burning out for a couple of minuets. And anytime we went in a drive thru and either was behind the other, would pull up till touching and start burning out again.
You get a +1rep point for making me laugh like a school girl.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:08 AM

dumbest thing... hmmm... this is hard to narrow down...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:36 PM

LOL my dumbest thing was probably doing reverse donuts in my parent's 2001 Odyssey in the snow with a full 7 people load LOL! good times.

Then the other time in the same van, trying to race my friend in his parent's old 93 Civic from a dig LOL I think we got up to like 100km/h LOL!

And the most recent one, in the same van, with fresh winter tires put on... I tried to take a nice racing line while I was making a left turn at an intersection and I completely hit the center isle and it bubbled my rear left tire. my mum was so pissed LOL

Haven't done anything stupid in my SS/SC yet... except maybe scare this girl that I like with a nice burnout coming out of a parking space LOL
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 PM

i went out looking for the ATCO ghost in my old 91 V6 T-bird. (peg leg) we took it into the woods and got stuck in some kind of sand pit. i was in the woods (pretty deep) waiting for a tow truck for about 4 hours (at night, it was pitch black out) and we were freaking out thinking the NJ devil would get us (very, very high at the time )
Old 06-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

I dont know if you could consider this as the dumbest thing....but I call it road rage.

Some idiot kids cut me off then when i honked flipped me off...

they were at the front of a stop light...i could tell its neutral

i touched the back bumper....

then pushed theire car into the intersection. (there werent any cars coming the other directions)...

they floored it through the red light only for a cop to see and pull them over.

but in this car, i ACCIDENTLY jumped a train track.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by TCarter
I dont know if you could consider this as the dumbest thing....but I call it road rage.

then pushed theire car into the intersection. (there werent any cars coming the other directions)...

LOL +1 rep cuz you got them in trouble by doing something crazy haha
Old 06-28-2007, 01:20 PM

Neutral slamming an auto is just putting into N revving the crap out of it and droping it into a gear while still holding the rpms up.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:22 PM

^^ thats called dumping the clutch i think
Old 06-28-2007, 02:26 PM

in a auto its not dumping the clutch. its just stupid thing to do
Old 06-28-2007, 07:18 PM

dumbest thing was borrowing my friend zachs jeep cherokee (while zach was in NYC) and doing donuts in a church parking lot, loosing control, and going over a curb to smash the front end into a light pole.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by cobi
Used to jump a buddies old grand prix over steep ass rail-road tracks. Damn car just wouldnt croak, 212,000 miles and all we did was break a damn strut. Ended up selling it for 1,000 dollars and as of a year ago it was still tickin with around 250,000 miles on it.
Hell my car I have right now has 401,xxx miles Damn Acura Legend is still going, which is a good name for it I guess, since legends never die.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:52 PM

Me and 3 other buddies took his POS 93 4x4 explorer to a motocross track some kids made in a empty lot. The jumps were just wide enough for the explorer. After doing the first jump barely we get the ***** to do a steeper jump. The explorer gets all the way up to the top but not enough umf to nose dive to the other side. We were teter-tottering!! (however you spell it). We sat in the car deciding on how to get out. We all eventually get out one at a time very carefully and grab my 01 xtreme blazer to pull it down. By far a night ill never forget.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TCarter

Quick Reply: dumbest thing you did to/in your car?