General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

A few questions about the 2.4L SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions about the 2.4L SS

Hey guys! My name is Crystal and I was hoping you could answer a few of my questions. I'm looking into getting a Cobalt SS 2.4L in the next few weeks and was wondering about a few things.

1. I'm hoping to get the Pioneer 7 speaker option if possible...for those of you you have them, how do they sound? Are they worth the $300 price? Are there interior rattles? Can you be heard coming down the street with the bass?

2. I'm leaning towards the automatic, I can't stand a manual transmission. Right now I drive a '01 Hyundai Tiburon. It's 140 hp, not too shabby, but just curious how much better a Cobalt SS is gonna be over that. I know the SS has 171hp and I used to have a Camaro RS with a 305ci @ 170hp. I was kinda hoping the Cobalt SS would have a little more ***** than it did is all.

3. My last question or series of questions is about the leather seats. I've read that they get stretched easy and look like crap within a few months. Is this true, and if so, does anyone have a pic of their seat in this condition?

Thanks to anyone that is kind enough to answer my questions.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, to answer what i can, the pioneer system is pretty good, and there's not really any rattle at all... it's pretty quick too, most of the people that have posted dyno's are showing that the cobalts are underrated as far as HP... i don't have the leather, so can't help there, but i'm sure someone else can.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Crystal Meth
Hey guys! My name is Crystal and I was hoping you could answer a few of my questions. I'm looking into getting a Cobalt SS 2.4L in the next few weeks and was wondering about a few things.

1. I'm hoping to get the Pioneer 7 speaker option if possible...for those of you you have them, how do they sound? Are they worth the $300 price? Are there interior rattles? Can you be heard coming down the street with the bass?

2. I'm leaning towards the automatic, I can't stand a manual transmission. Right now I drive a '01 Hyundai Tiburon. It's 140 hp, not too shabby, but just curious how much better a Cobalt SS is gonna be over that. I know the SS has 171hp and I used to have a Camaro RS with a 305ci @ 170hp. I was kinda hoping the Cobalt SS would have a little more ***** than it did is all.

3. My last question or series of questions is about the leather seats. I've read that they get stretched easy and look like crap within a few months. Is this true, and if so, does anyone have a pic of their seat in this condition?

Thanks to anyone that is kind enough to answer my questions.

1. The sound system is excellent and yes you can hear the bass coming down the street. (Atleast thats what my wife says ) I haven't had any rattles from the system and I do like my rock so if that can't do it nothing can.

2. I drive an automatic and I can assure that there is plenty of umph. For example: Our highways speeds here are 80 Kmh so when I come up on someone I want to pass at 80, and I tromp it, by the time I'm past them and turning back into the lane I'm at 140 if I'm not careful.

3. I did not opt for the leather seats because of past experience with leather stretching and cracking. Was a Ford though so I can't help you with Chevy seats.

BTW...Welcome to CobaltSS.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:02 PM

1. crank up the bass and the volume and it can be heard outside my house. Its worth the cash unless you are some stero freak and want a 800 watt system that uses up your whole trunk.

2. I had a 305 TBI/automatic (strong off the line but died after) like you---my 5 speed 2.4L SS is faster. Even an auto could take one. Your Camaro would be in the order of 500lbs heavier. Not to mention gas milege shold be over 8 mpg better in the city.

3. skip the leather. Overrated, waste of money.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:05 PM

the sound system is great, the auto is supposedly rated at a 15.2 1/4 mile so thats quick also my leather seats are holding up fine and they look awesome
Old 02-03-2006, 09:08 PM

The leather seats are fine. I mean there not like a BMW or a Benz. I like them because the have the butt warmers in them. And yeah they do seem to get alittle loose, but ohh well.

Love the sound system, I also have the XM radio option, sounds so much better than regular radio. My only complaint about XM is that just about everytime I'm in the car they are playing CRAP music, never the stuff I want to hear.

My wife used to have an '01 VW Golf GLS 5spd that had 150 hp, and she loves her auto cobalt 2.4 ss, says its much quicker.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by celicacobalt
the sound system is great, the auto is supposedly rated at a 15.2 1/4 mile so thats quick also my leather seats are holding up fine and they look awesome
where are you getting this 15.2 in the 1/4 for an auto from?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by avro206

is there ever a time where you don't turn something into a debate?? if you're not answering the girls questions you should stay out of it
Old 02-03-2006, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
is there ever a time where you don't turn something into a debate?? if you're not answering the girls questions you should stay out of it

wow your post had zip to do with her question either
Old 02-03-2006, 10:57 PM

he is regurgitating a mag time that he heard from another member ..i haven’t seen much credit to this ....I will wait till spring but I think that’s a bit optimistic
Old 02-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Banned

wow your post had zip to do with her question either

i know you have trouble understanding things, but scroll up... i was actually the first person to answer her question... i don't want to start a silly argument with you, i'm just pointing out that all you ever do is disagree with everyone... o wait, let me gues... you're first thought was to say no you don't?? good job dude... anways, sorry for my ramble
Old 02-05-2006, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
i know you have trouble understanding things, but scroll up... i was actually the first person to answer her question... i don't want to start a silly argument with you, i'm just pointing out that all you ever do is disagree with everyone... o wait, let me gues... you're first thought was to say no you don't?? good job dude... anways, sorry for my ramble

trouble understanding things....yeah that makes sense...not.

And your the FIRST to respond eh? (BIG DEAL)I am so impressed! (not) I'll give you a cookie for that! Who really cares if your the first? Oh wait....you do.

Lets review facts shall we??

1. I gave my opinions to her in reguards to her questions (3rd BTW!! woohoo)

2.Then in another post I got a bit off topic. It still had something to do with her question.
How much power the automatic had/how fast.

Some one said a 15.2 in the 1/4

I can't even ASK where that time came from? Cause you don't like it? Don't we live ina free society anymore??

Please! I didn't want her to be mislead. I was just after the truth and if someone can prove that to me I will believe it. Its just that easy.

3. Suddenly I get called out by some self styled dictator ---thats you BTW.

And your not even the author of the thread!!! Most topics do have a post or two that get off topic in case you haven't noticed. Go fourth and nail everyone that does get off topic!

And sure I argue with people and disagree, I don't deny that. I also suppport this site....hmmm you don't.

Last time I checked its a free country. I try to use some facts when I can. And you did start a silly argument with me, don't pretend you didn't.

I am done with you now bu-bye... casue now we are both really off topic