General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Finally got a pic. Need some input too.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got a pic. Need some input too.

Just a quick one I know it's shitty but it's all I have for now. As some of you may have read I picked it up a few weeks ago. 2006 SS/SC with 65k. I need some input on a few things however. Bare with me guys haha grab a beer

PROJECT NOIR RESTORATION:

The previous owner of the car didn't baby it like I'm going to and there's some things I need to get fixed before I start my modding. The first thing is getting my rear bumper repainted. The previous owner got rear ended and got it replaced to standards but I noticed that the clear coat from the middle of the bumper to the right side is literally missing. From the middle to the left its perfectly painted, so I took it to a good body shop and they don't know how it happened or what but I'm getting it sanded and re clear coated for a good price on Monday.

Next I'm going to get my steering wheel controls fixed as none of them work, I assume the previous owner installed the aftermarket Kenwood himself and didn't want to **** with the steering wheel wiring I'll either get it fixed or I might get it swapped with a TC wheel.
He also had some super fruity looking blue pedal covers...those got taken off the first day I got it haha I also will be getting some SS carpet mats because they had some ricer looking electric blue and black rubber ones in there as well that I took out.
After this I'm going to take out the window bezels and either CF vinyl wrap them or paint them gloss black ( there silver and chipped up from over use)
Eventually I'll be getting the rear window tint removed and re tinted to match the front windows which where done really well, which is surprising because the rear one is bubbled to hell and looks pretty shitty.
My front bumper has the alignment issue almost every cobalt has (my previous LT had it as well) and it's getting re aligned sometime soon. The driver side headlight is where it's mis-aligned and is down to far leaving a gap between the headlight and where it's supposed to meet the bumper. Deff. getting that **** fixed and getting in touch with the dealership.
So those are all the main things I'll be getting fixed up in the next few months to bring it back to perfection.
As far as mods go I already purchased Gen 3 headlights thanks to a fellow CSS member and will be getting them installed after my bumper re alignment so that will be my first actual mod.
Soon I'm also ordering r1 concept rotors and hawk pads. ( my rotors are warped to hell haha )
Pretty excited to not have brake shuddering.
Also you might have noticed my wheels. There American racing and look almost IDENTICAL to SS.TC wheels, but I have no clue what model they are and can't find them anywhere
I'm trying to find out so I can sell them after I get my new wheels in the future. So if anyone has any clue whatsoever let me know because I gave up.

Future mods planned after cosmetic stuff is fixed:
5x114.3 conversion or adapters still talking to people and figuring out what I'll do
After conversion I'm most likely getting MB Battles in bronze with tires not sure what yet though
Before I get the wheels I'll get coil-overs or h&r springs.
Ss.tc grille upper and lower from C.E.D.
That's what I have planned so far.

Moving on..... Basically I need some advice on things I need to do to make sure everything is running how it should. Now I did get this from a dealership so I know nothing is broken but what do I need to do to make sure everything is running smoothly? I plan on sea foaming soon but other than that idk how to check up on things and what to look for. Any advice helps.
Lastly thanks for reading if you did. As I get things fixed up and modded I'll post up more pics and do before and afters. Sorry for the stupidly long post.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:23 PM

If you bought it from a retail dealership and not like the smaller shady ones, they usually inspect the car before they put it on the lot.
Simple things I would just check is the tensioner pulley, the one next to the supercharger pulley, to see if it wiggles back and worth, etc.
Intercooler pump, check to see if theres coolant flowing.

PLEASE find out what wheels those are besides the brand.
I did think you had TC wheels when I looked at the picture. I really like them.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gelladuga69
If you bought it from a retail dealership and not like the smaller shady ones, they usually inspect the car before they put it on the lot.
Simple things I would just check is the tensioner pulley, the one next to the supercharger pulley, to see if it wiggles back and worth, etc.
Intercooler pump, check to see if theres coolant flowing.

PLEASE find out what wheels those are besides the brand.
I did think you had TC wheels when I looked at the picture. I really like them.
Okay thanks man, yeah they literally look like chromed TC wheels with an American racing center cap. And I have looked all over the Internet trying to find them. I'll take better pics of them when I have time. if they weren't so torn up I would powder coat them.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 AM

Lots of lookers but no talkers haha c'mon guys what do you think?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:06 AM
Banned

id get badmab header/zzp dp and i personally have mandrel exhaust with borla muffler but there are alot to choose from.
you could get 60 lb injectors/stage 2 belt, dual pass endplate, opt. b and a bigger heat exchanger. drop a pulley

as far as looks id get tint, retros and springs or coils.

those are just some ideas
Old 04-02-2012, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by heathkidder
id get badmab header/zzp dp and i personally have mandrel exhaust with borla muffler but there are alot to choose from.
you could get 60 lb injectors/stage 2 belt, dual pass endplate, opt. b and a bigger heat exchanger. drop a pulley

as far as looks id get tint, retros and springs or coils.

those are just some ideas
As far as all the cosmetic **** I have that down pat, I have a mods list up there of everything I'm doing. Already have window tint, have gen 3 headlights just need to install them, I'm getting h&r springs and a lot of other stuff etc. the stuff I DON'T know about is performance and engine associated things beyond having a little bit more than basic knowledge on what to look for as far as things running well. I know it's a long read but my mods list will tell everyone what I already know what to get. Thanks Heath, I have been a lurker on here for awhile when I had my lt sedan, always thought your car was one of the cleanest on here.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:25 AM
Banned

do you have a performance list then? i didnt notice it just the basic stuff and as far as looks go
Old 04-02-2012, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by heathkidder
do you have a performance list then? i didnt notice it just the basic stuff and as far as looks go
No not yet What are the cheapest performance mods I can get the most return on? My cosmetic stuff will be my main focus first so I haven't made a list yet but I might do a few here and there.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Banned

id either way you go is gonna help but with certain things you my as well do it all at once like the stage 2 or stage 3 stuff.

mainly pulley down, bigger injectors, better belt, and a bigger heat exchanger.
badmab header is 160
dp is around 200-230
exhaust it all depends you can have ur own made at a shop for like 250
Old 04-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Banned

i started off with an intake
Old 04-02-2012, 03:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
look like the z06 rims, they say American racing on the center caps?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by DSmastery
look like the z06 rims, they say American racing on the center caps?
Yeah they do and there pretty much chrome or polished to look chrome. They do look a lot like those holy ****. I'm gonna go take a pic of them so you can see them better.n
Old 04-02-2012, 02:11 PM

Subd
Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM

maybe you have a hub swap and dont know it lol
Old 04-02-2012, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69
Most dealerships do not inspect cars, despite what they tell you. I have experience on this one. They are there to make a profit, and sell you a car.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:02 PM

Here we go, maybe this will help us figure it out.

Never mind my shitty calipers, I dropped my car off at the body shop to get my bumper repainted today, when I get it back I'm sanding and painting them.

Oh and a shout out to TX.SS.TC for my gen 3s haven't got them in yet buddy but I will.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:57 PM

FOUND THEM

American Racing Chrome Split

American Racing-- Wheels Catalog

Now in the process of finding out how much they cost new. Which is not easy because i'm pretty sure they have been discontinued.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005Noir
FOUND THEM

American Racing Chrome Split

American Racing-- Wheels Catalog

Now in the process of finding out how much they cost new. Which is not easy because i'm pretty sure they have been discontinued.
good job finding them

18x7.5 +45

on tire rack they sell like 3-4 AR rims so maybe just compare those prices, or call AR about these rims and how much they did sell them for
Old 04-02-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by DSmastery
good job finding them

18x7.5 +45

on tire rack they sell like 3-4 AR rims so maybe just compare those prices, or call AR about these rims and how much they did sell them for
Yeah because after I get new wheels I'll be selling them to someone in a few months. First Im getting dropped though.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM

Just got my car back from the shop, they fixed the shitty paint job the previous owner had done. It looks brand new. Next getting my front bumper re aligned